Lt. Commander
# 11
06-14-2012, 04:48 PM
Yeah, societies can't change that drastically within that short of a period of time.

Also, I notice that the video didn't go over any changes in 3rd world countries, only stuff that is plausible in first world countries. Why do futurists always forget the third world countries?
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-14-2012, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traven158 View Post
Yeah, societies can't change that drastically within that short of a period of time.

Also, I notice that the video didn't go over any changes in 3rd world countries, only stuff that is plausible in first world countries. Why do futurists always forget the third world countries?
Because we as a society have yet to get most of them completely through the 19th century under their own power, let alone the 20th. It's an example of the reason that things like this won't happen.

Look up the monkeysphere (Or Dunbar's number) for a very good reason why things on a global scale won't ever really change that much.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-14-2012, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traven158 View Post

Maybe because the difference is gradually eroding as long as the first world countries don't sabotage the progress from reaching third world countries to maintain cheap labor?
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-14-2012, 08:26 PM
What a load of targ manure. I could have sworn that is was the federation ambassador to Nimbus 3 speaking too. ^^
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-14-2012, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
What a load of targ manure. I could have sworn that is was the federation ambassador to Nimbus 3 speaking too. ^^
You mean Chancellor Gorkon? Or Gul "There are FOUR LIGHTS" Madred?
Captain
# 16
06-20-2012, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
As for building an AI or a computer capable of 'storing' a human... If we were complex enough to understand our brain it would be too complex for us to understand.
Kurt Godel's incompleteness theorem states that no system can completely describe itself without incorporating unprovable axioms. Thus, to completely describe a human mind would require a superhuman intelligence to analyze it. Without a superhuman mind to do the analyzing, the best we could do is "copy and paste" a human mind onto an artificial platform. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6...eness_theorems