Lt. Commander
# 51
06-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canhazlockboxplz View Post
No no, CBS has instisted these ships be rare. It's not about gouging the player base. Not at all.

<eyeroll>
It's not in a lockbox. It's a possible reward for buying a Doff pack.
Career Officer
# 52
06-20-2012, 08:01 PM
I somehow doubt CBS would have any reservations about stock freighters being released into the game, more so than antique Federation ships. In any sensible universe, poorly or completely unarmed freighters would outnumber cruisers with the firepower to depopulate several planets by at least two to one. I'd hope.

I don't know. I liked the change over with the gamma cadres, and I'm going to need some Federation flight deck officers anyway, but seeing as I'm much disinclined to turn over any more information to PWE than I already have been forced to, and buying Cryptic points therefor being out of the question for the foreseeable future, I may just have to give it a few days and see what the Exchange does.
Reave
Lt. Commander
# 53
06-20-2012, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrisvalar View Post
I somehow doubt CBS would have any reservations about stock freighters being released into the game, more so than antique Federation ships. In any sensible universe, poorly or completely unarmed freighters would outnumber cruisers with the firepower to depopulate several planets by at least two to one. I'd hope.

I don't know. I liked the change over with the gamma cadres, and I'm going to need some Federation flight deck officers anyway, but seeing as I'm much disinclined to turn over any more information to PWE than I already have been forced to, and buying Cryptic points therefor being out of the question for the foreseeable future, I may just have to give it a few days and see what the Exchange does.
There is no choice in the matter. Did you really expect PW to keep paying for 2 separate web teams? They are merging all of their game forums.
Career Officer
# 54
06-20-2012, 08:26 PM
I have to say this seems like some really bad timing.
------------------------------------------------------------------
cpt.william2

Career Officer
# 55
06-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Well it's good to see things released in a way that is not going to fill my game screen with litter.

The DOff pack sounds like fun. Power creep is inevitable, but I do not think it is too bad here. I think that the DOffs do a great job of allowing us to really focus our build beyond the vanilla skills that we already have.

I had a nice chuckle at the name of the ship. Congrats Heretic. I am slightly disappointed to see crafting coming only to another very expensive lottery ship. Existing interiors are in a sorry state for many reasons. Crafting, if available via ships, should be available to all.

If anyone is wondering about their odds of winning a ship, assuming they treat it as buying 2.2 keys for normal boxes, would be about 1.097%. Remember it is a geometric distribution so you do not multiply the normal 0.5% by 2.2.

See the links in my signature if you are interested in more details. The Jem'Hadar drop rates are particularly pertinent.
Want to know more about Cryptic's hidden lottery odds and outcomes?  Read my posts below.
Lock Boxes: The true value - (thread link)
Jem'Hadar Bug Odds - (thread link)
Galor Creation Rate - (thread link)
Find me in TSW - TSW Chronicle Profile
Ensign
# 56
06-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeolusdallas View Post
It's not in a lockbox. It's a possible reward for buying a Doff pack.
It's still lotto. You could spend hundreds of dollars and never get the "reward". No, it's not a lockbox (they've just repackaged the lotto/lockbox system). People who want to buy the ship will still get reamed trying.
Empire Veteran
# 57
06-20-2012, 08:51 PM
Great Job on designing how this works unfortunately there is a core problem I see in regards to how the game is going with these kinds of changes.

Its seemingly going back to text based gaming and not really much of any game play going in although its something nice in the game on the side its oddly the biggest money maker in the c-store and the direction this game is going to so I wouldn't be interested in grinding up dilithium for this.

In conclusion I want more of gameplay rather than grinding 24/7 just to get the next trading card LOL.
Career Officer
# 58
06-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Oh here we go another useless ship we didn't ask for, not like we have been asking for a Sovy Refit, Ambassador Class, 2409 skin for the Excelsior, shall I go on. They keep making these ship and not the ones we ask for that we all would buy. Just another nail in the coffin. I wont be buying this with a chance of maybe getting that ship.
U.S.S. HONDA ODYSSEY NCC-170001-F-Odyssey Class
Commanding Officer: Vice Admiral Maximus@blueamdgamer
Dedication Plaque: "By Any Means Necessary" -Malcolm X
Career Officer
# 59
06-20-2012, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Can you ONLY find the new Doff powers in this pack? Or can they randomly show up on in game acquired Doffs?
And THAT'S what I want to know.

... and no, the Exchange doesn't count...

And yeah, I'd also like to know when we're getting more functionality in our interiors like crafting, banking, Exchanging, mailing, etc.. We've been told that was coming for ages, and now it's being added to all the "big ticket" ships. So when do the rest of us get it? Since we've been teased with this for about two years now.
# 60
06-20-2012, 09:28 PM
While I do approve of adding value to purchases, all the DOff ship options should be available in our regular ships like they were promised to be over a year ago.

I'll probably buy a couple packs just out of curiosity but that about it.