Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 191
03-26-2009, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnattyd View Post
I wonder how many of you realise that posting comments claiming that Cryptic and/or it's employees are corrupt, inept and liars actually constitute as being both libelous and defamatory, and that Cryptic and/or the employees would be well within their rights to bring a legal case against said posters?

Think about that for a second before you post.
Cryptic did a good enough job doing that over the weekend involving champions .



http://www.massively.com/2009/03/19/...-really-sorry/
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 192
03-26-2009, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverspar View Post
It's done and over with. .
i didn't even know this happened till late last night ,others may want too know before it gets swept under the rug.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 193
03-26-2009, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverspar View Post
It's done and over with. The fact some individuals have taken this exceptionally too far. They've gone well past tolerable levels of acceptance in this mistake, and gone into the field of hate mongering and harassment. That's right, the people still trying to incite rage over this are no longer trying to act peacefully over this, they have gone past that. They have entered the realm of hate and harassment, and have turned any chance of a peaceful resolution to this and maybe getting the contests back into a pipe dream now. It is very shameful indeed, a mistake was made but these individuals want to drag this through the mud and have cost the entire community any future contest possibilities. They think they are crusaders, when they can't even see they are apart of the problem.
While I agree that people have pushed this too far, I disagree with the statement that this prevents a reasonable response to future competitions from Cryptic. I call on... pretty much everyone... to leave this issue alone until we hear from Cryptic - I suggest that no more needs to be said - everything has been stated in good ways and bad ways and that until Cryptic comments again we let everything settle. Everyone should reflect on the fact that no solution will make everyone happy but whatever the outcome there will be a point when it will be done and over and we should leave it in the past.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 194
03-26-2009, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by minago View Post
i didn't even know this happened till late last night ,others may want too know before it gets swept under the rug.
Putting something behind you isn't sweeping it under the rug. Maybe you haven't realized it, but your self righteous crusading has already destroyed any chance of peacefully resolving this and getting the contests back. You haven't helped anyone and keep hurting the community more. Now this is bordering on harassment and could result in these forums being taken away completely because of a few individuals. If that's what you want, then by all means, keep it up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 195
03-26-2009, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by minago View Post
Cryptic did a good enough job doing that over the weekend involving champions .



http://www.massively.com/2009/03/19/...-really-sorry/
who cares pretty much hits it on the head.
I read the post from Massively and i have to say i agree with Mr Sulic in matters of LAN mode.
LAN mode means people are gonna use tools like hamachi and other stuff to emulate a LAN network over the internet and to use cracks and other stuff to play them illegally, I know it, i have seen it a thousand times, it is close to custom here in germany....
So I can uderstand anyone who says, our game is only open for multiplayer over the internet and anyone who wants a LAN only mode obviously wants to abuse it, because that is the only reason anyone would want a lan mode in ecplicit. Even largescale LAN parties have internet and you can log on to validate keys and stuff, and if players want a better ping, then hosting a game on the internet does not exclude joining via internet but still having the direct connection.

About the recruitment of betatestetrs on CoH/V forum/PMs, I don'T care a bit, because in my opinion a game should be able to withstand the comparison to another game and that is what this ultimately is about. Maybe is was not legitimate to do so, but i think if CoH/V is such a low game that players who played it for months/years will simply drop it and go to CO then they really deserve it.

And ultimately. what does it have to do with STO? nothing.
They are making a good game and i give nothing on it if they mess up somewere else...

Besides I like people who make a little mistake from time to time, after all who likes somebody who slaps you in the face with his perfection....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 196
03-26-2009, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreffnonX View Post
Besides I like people who make a little mistake from time to time, after all who likes somebody who slaps you in the face with his perfection....
Ha! That's funny. Perfection isn't a slap in the face, unless it's offensive, which it clearly isn't. Accepting little mistakes and liking them are two different things, I hope you mean the former.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 197
03-26-2009, 09:54 AM
=} i don't like it if people go around and say hey i make mistakes on purpose or sometihng like that, but if it is not on purpose and something forgivable then i do like it yes. What i don't like is people who try to be perfect all the time without living or having fun because of that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 198 Yeah right...
03-26-2009, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverspar View Post
Putting something behind you isn't sweeping it under the rug. Maybe you haven't realized it, but your self righteous crusading has already destroyed any chance of peacefully resolving this and getting the contests back. You haven't helped anyone and keep hurting the community more. Now this is bordering on harassment and could result in these forums being taken away completely because of a few individuals. If that's what you want, then by all means, keep it up.
This is called "blaming the victim", I believe...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 199
03-26-2009, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreffnonX View Post
who cares pretty much hits it on the head.
I read the post from Massively and i have to say i agree with Mr Sulic in matters of LAN mode.
.
um since the servers shut down ,lan mode would be helpful about now
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 200
03-26-2009, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Wynn
This is called "blaming the victim", I believe...
the point is that we all understood by now what is going on and that we want to pick up useful discussions again. Also we want future contests to have beta-keys as prizes because it would be a shame if they were to be randomly given out.
Even i think that is a bad idea and i have a save betakey ...
It just isnt fair to the people who participated and didn'T complain about the winning entry.

Still i think that many mistakes were made not only on community side, but if we keep blaming each other we won't get anywere.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:29 PM.