Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
06-21-2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
Phew, was afraid I'd have to find all that information from my original application again... I'm 7 already?
No problem since I keep separate word docs as my reports. It makes it easier if the author comes back with a specific question or concern. I also use FRAPS to take screen grabs of dialogue so I can double check myself later if needed.

Don?t worry soon you?ll be up in the review window. I?m not sure how fast but soon. :smile:

Quote:
Edit: To answer your last response to my posts (displaying quote first)

I merely stated that it MAY be easier with an Elite STF-level team when playing the harder MDC combinations - most of the later fights contained one of the following:

* Two Commander-grade mobs (featuring Commander with various underlings)

* One Captain-grade mob (Captain, once again varying underlings)

* And a one-of-a-kind encounter with both of the above.

Due to this fact, it is quite possible that you will either have to fight the harder combinations with a series of respawns or extreme skill, or risk failing altogether. Fortunately though, I put the respawn point for the hardest encounter properly, and may decide to add some more points retrospectively.
I merely stated I do not team up with others for reviews. It makes it more difficult to do my reviews, because coordinating times to meet is difficult, and if someone accidently clicks a button the dialogue flashes by unread.

As for teaming up for fighting purposes it is not practical for the reasons I stated above. The higher level mobs are okay in moderation. Generally if the mobs get progressively harder as the player goes through them that is perfectly fine. However if there are dozens of high level mobs throughout a mission which causes a player to get killed over and over and over it may be too much. I would recommend not building mission engagements for multiple players. If one person comes in and plays it and is not able to get past the fight they will probably drop your mission and give it a low rating. If I feel it is very hard on normal mode then it would probably impossible on Elite. Again, my reports are only recommendations, what the author does with those is up to them. :wink:

Quote:
Re-edit: However, I will point out that all the ground mobs are Klingon in origin (unless you stumble upon something mysterious whilst randomly exploring the area around the Explorer's main engineering section...), so you can try to optimise your build to defeat marauding hordes of Klingon warriors... but if you go and explore, I recommend a frequency remodulator and a LOT of skill :biggrin:
Again, I recommend you exercise caution when making mobs too strong for a single player for the same reasons as stated above. I am not sure what the benefit of adding mobs off the mission path would be used for. In my opinion it would be a distraction from the overall mission you are trying to achieve. In the end the author has to decide how to tell their story. I can only make recommendations Oh, and I always carry frequency modulators. :smile:

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details.