Lt. Commander
# 11
06-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Any of the cruisers listed should be able to net you a smooth rotation of EPtS and EPtW, so drop in an AP:B and TT and I guess DEM if you want and you should be quite satisfied with your damage.

I have EPtS III, EPtS I, and two EPtW II on a sovereign, for example, and when I toss TT and/or AP:B up there I'm pretty satisfied with the pounding I can do. And I still have enough slots for additional shield and hull heals, either when I am tanking something or when my teammates are under fire. Really I don't think I could bring myself to fly a DPS cruiser without those skills.

Engineer captains also can pop Nadion Inversion when they want less drain and, thus, more sustained higher DPS.
_______
equal parts cynical and helpful
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synkr0nized View Post
Any of the cruisers listed should be able to net you a smooth rotation of EPtS and EPtW, so drop in an AP:B and TT and I guess DEM if you want and you should be quite satisfied with your damage.

I have EPtS III, EPtS I, and two EPtW II on a sovereign, for example, and when I toss TT and/or AP:B up there I'm pretty satisfied with the pounding I can do. And I still have enough slots for additional shield and hull heals, either when I am tanking something or when my teammates are under fire. Really I don't think I could bring myself to fly a DPS cruiser without those skills.
Doesn't using any emergency Power ability put all the other abilities on a 15 second cooldown? That means you can only have 2 EPTX abilities going at a time, doesn't it?
Captain
# 13
06-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Yes, and you can effectively cycle those 4 indefinitely. (using one puts all different EPtX on 15s CD and itself on 45s and other copies of itself on 30s CD)

You can also cycle two different EPtX with help of good quality Damage control engineers. 3 purples (the max you can stack) will almost certainly reduce the CD to 30s on the used ability. Then you can indefinitely maintain the buffs with only 2 EPtX powers (like one EPtW I and one EPtS II).
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-21-2012, 07:48 PM
Right, as described above you're basically cycling through them. The way the cooldowns work you can hit one type and then hit the other halfway through the first type's recharge/cooldown without adding additional time. However, again as noted, without doffs to boost your effectiveness you need two of each type to make it viable.

This lets you more or less keep two separate EPt skills up indefinitely, barring not paying attention or having your skills locked out and whatnot.
_______
equal parts cynical and helpful
Empire Veteran
# 15
06-21-2012, 08:00 PM
And this is why keybinding is so much fun. :biggrin:

If you are planning on cycling your EPtX, have a read of this old thread I bookmarked ages ago, it goes into detail about cycling EPtX powers but is more focused on "shield tanking". You may find the info in it useful.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...92&postcount=2
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Commander
# 16
06-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
Lately, especially with season six looming I've been trying to maximize the DPS with various beam boat builds.
Now I'm trying to maximize DPS without using boff powers to compensate, i use those to "buff" my attacks at certain times to gain advantage over my PVE opponents. So I did some research and figured by the out the base stats of the beams I use, and then did some more math and figured out the actual base damage boost given by a 26% damage console to being 57.3 Damage.

Using that knowledge, I narrowed down the list of Cruisers down to three candidates on the Federation side:

1. Odyssey Tactical Cruiser

2. Assault Cruiser

3. Dreadnought Cruiser

4. Grandpa Retrofit Cruiser (Excelsior Retrofit)

I also used an MVAE to get a Reading for 4 tac consoles on a fed ship. Since all of the other fed cruisers only have 2 tactical consoles each i did not test them.

With Consoles I've set up all of them the same based on there layouts.

Engineering:
-Plasma Distribution manifold MK XII (Blue)
-Plasma Distribution manifold MK XII (Blue)
-EPS Regulator MK XII (Blue)
-Neutronium Alloy MK XI (Blue)

Science:
-Transwarp Computer
-Borg Assimilated Console
-Field Generator MK XI (Blue) [Odyssey only]

Tactical:
- Equipped weapon type console MK XI (Blue) x3

On the ships I've been experimenting with broadside and forward DPS, so far the best mix I've seen for both at the same time is 2 Dual beams facing forward and six Beam arrays for broadside. Now I've seen higher damage numbers pop up with only 5 arrays but I'm wondering if any one else has any other ideas about either increasing DPS or Stabilizing the ships DPS please chime in.

Also on another note I've been testing all of this on my Human Engineer.
Well I would like to direct you to this thread for the Dreadnought, It can become a TRUE monster in the right hands. But your Bridge Officers are Extremely important, they will in fact, make you or break you. Since Starbases are coming out, we will be facing the new enemy Tholians and Borg weapons won't work on it so shoot for the XII Very Rare Weapons on the Exchange

Another thing, this build works Great in PvP and PvE.

Take a look and tell me what you think, Happy Hunting!
The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up