Career Officer
Hello, I have only one real criticism/request of this mission. Why can the timer not count down while I'm on a ground map?

I find that I sit in space and walk away from the computer to let it cool down if I have no space missions to do.

In future a modification of the cool down timers to be based on the character log in (or even a master timer, that ticks away while offline) would really be nice. The doffs work that way, why can power not?

Just a thought
Lieutenant
# 2
06-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettorix View Post
Hello, I have only one real criticism/request of this mission. Why can the timer not count down while I'm on a ground map?

I find that I sit in space and walk away from the computer to let it cool down if I have no space missions to do.

In future a modification of the cool down timers to be based on the character log in (or even a master timer, that ticks away while offline) would really be nice. The doffs work that way, why can power not?

Just a thought
You'd be surprised how fun it can be to just cruise around in space. Try to power slide in a cruiser!
Career Officer
# 3
06-21-2012, 08:45 PM
I just fly around and doff... and sit afk while eating or catching up on some TV
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
06-22-2012, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettorix View Post

Just a thought
yes it is very stupid to have a such long cool down or even a cooldown at all. its not like u can do more than one of the doff missions at the same time. i would have a thought a day cooldown on the mission its self would be more than enough
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
06-22-2012, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyblade View Post
I just fly around and doff... and sit afk while eating or catching up on some TV
i would rather play a alt or play something else than sit waiting for a few hours the cooldown sucks big time
Career Officer
# 6
06-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
i would rather play a alt or play something else than sit waiting for a few hours the cooldown sucks big time
Yeah, I'm okay with watching TV etc, but not ALL the time! I DO have other characters I can play.

A better way to manage the cooldown I think would being able to summon the privateer any time (or very short CD), but only get the mission once at a time, with he cooldown being the doff mission timer. Similar to the turn in of contraband. The contact is there any time, but can only fulfill the mission once at a time.

Hell, even a daily mission instead would be preferable...