Community Moderator
I notice that there is no longer any way to report offensive posts, or posts that violate the forum rules. Or if there is, it's well hidden or turned off.

I don't have anything to report at the moment, but I couldn't if there were.
Career Officer
# 2
06-22-2012, 06:04 AM
A report function is not important enough to hold back on releasing new forums.
Similarly a working parachute is not important enough to hold back on performing a skydive.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Career Officer
# 3
06-22-2012, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
A report function is not important enough to hold back on releasing new forums.
Similarly a working parachute is not important enough to hold back on performing a skydive.
I think fairer would be to to compare it to releasing a luxury liner without enough rowboats to get all the passengers and crew aboard.

It has been done, but not generally seen as a wise move that paid off.
Empire Veteran
# 4
06-22-2012, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I notice that there is no longer any way to report offensive posts, or posts that violate the forum rules. Or if there is, it's well hidden or turned off.
Clearly reflecting the fact that there are no more offensive posts in the New Order Forums.

We have always been at war with Eastasia.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Captain
# 5
06-22-2012, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustrumridcully0 View Post
I think fairer would be to to compare it to releasing a luxury liner without enough rowboats to get all the passengers and crew aboard.

It has been done, but not generally seen as a wise move that paid off.
And the lack of ignore functionality = no life jackets.

And, oh hey, the "infraction" system is gone = the helmsman has narcolepsy.

I'm really, really tempted to start an intentional (but not especially serious) flamewar thread.
# 6
06-22-2012, 07:41 AM
The report function was removed on all PWE forums a while ago as it was heavily abused. It never made it back onto the forums again. Also, the reports function only works for administrators (the community team) and not moderators, as moderators cannot ban or suspend accounts, they can only edit content and issue infractions.
Captain
# 7
06-22-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyaddiction View Post
The report function was removed on all PWE forums a while ago as it was heavily abused. It never made it back onto the forums again. Also, the reports function only works for administrators (the community team) and not moderators, as moderators cannot ban or suspend accounts, they can only edit content and issue infractions.
Just to follow up on that, one of the tickets I sent in brought that up. I was told we are now supposed to manually PM the moderatorswith a report.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Community Moderator
# 8
06-22-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
Just to follow up on that, one of the tickets I sent in brought that up. I was told we are now supposed to manually PM the moderatorswith a report.
And how are you supposed to do that when they don't show a list of moderators anywhere?

(I know that there is a post that says who they are, but you have to know where to go look for it. Also kind of assumes that our community moderators on the old forums are still moderators on the new ones...)
Career Officer
# 9
06-22-2012, 01:33 PM
Well... I can tell for a fact that the moderation works very effectively right now...

10 mins ago there was a post harassing DStahl... now it's gone... Deleted... It's not even locked as they used to be.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
06-22-2012, 01:35 PM
It's on! Flamewars are on! Smoke 'em, if you got 'em!