Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System
Login

Closed Thread

Former PWE Community Team Lead
Hi Captains!

I wanted to let you all know some great news :smile: Effective now, the standard Fed and KDF Duty Officer Packs have been reduced in price from 220 C-Store Points to only 160! This change in price is permanent.

Also, the new Reinforcements Duty Officer Pack (info here) is now available in the C-Store for 220 CP.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Commander
# 2
06-22-2012, 10:12 AM
That is a good idea thank you.
Ensign
# 3
06-22-2012, 10:19 AM
Interesting.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
06-22-2012, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rouge25 View Post
Interesting.
I wonder what this will do for the EC prices on the exchange? These are the same ones we get for doing General Recruitment, yeah?
Career Officer
# 5
06-22-2012, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains!

I wanted to let you all know some great news :smile: Effective now, the standard Fed and KDF Duty Officer Packs have been reduced in price from 220 C-Store Points to only 160! This change in price is permanent.

Also, the new Reinforcements Duty Officer Pack (info here) is now available in the C-Store for 220 CP.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Could we also get a sale on the duty officer slots, I would love to grab some new packs, but I dont want to spend $5 for a hundred slots.
Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Supporter of Cryptic.
Empire Veteran
# 6
06-22-2012, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Hi Captains!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
But.... but..... what???

You brought a price DOWN?

Is someone ill at head office, or is it April 1st and I didn't know????

Brandon, whoever had this marketing idea... give them a hug and a great big wet sloppy kiss from me :biggrin:
Disclaimer;

Some days, I am cranky, some days, I am not.
Either way, I have access to a computer and the internet - so do not take my comments personally, I could be in the middle of hating everyone equally
Empire Veteran
# 7
06-22-2012, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollaf View Post
Could we also get a sale on the duty officer slots, I would love to grab some new packs, but I dont want to spend $5 for a hundred slots.
What he said.
A 20% off Doff Slot Sale, in final memory of Heretic.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Career Officer
# 8
06-22-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockey1979 View Post
But.... but..... what???

You brought a price DOWN?

Is someone ill at head office, or is it April 1st and I didn't know????

Brandon, whoever had this marketing idea... give them a hug and a great big wet sloppy kiss from me :biggrin:
They had to bring the prices down, (we'll not actually, but it was smart), the prices droped because there is no additonal prize for opening this pack. Becides the new packs has a lot better Doffs, and I wouldn't mind that ship.
Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Supporter of Cryptic.
Community Moderator
# 9
06-22-2012, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Hi Captains!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Stop cheering me up!

:wink:

The communities trying to be all annoyed at the moment, and this isn't helping...

:tongue:

P.S. Thanks, though it does make sense considering the recent addition to the C-Store, so it's all good.
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.
Empire Veteran
# 10
06-22-2012, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollaf View Post
They had to bring the prices down, (we'll not actually, but it was smart), the prices droped because there is no additonal prize for opening this pack. Becides the new packs has a lot better Doffs, and I wouldn't mind that ship.
there is the point, since the Cryptic and PWE merge, out of all the changes made, how many were "smart moves"?

the very forums your posting on are a prime example, this upset a lot of people like so many other changes as of late have.

they could have just followed the recent trend of bad moves and put an extra 100cp on the price of the new packs, people would have still paid for them like they have done with the keys for the lock boxes.

hopefully, this is the start of something special for STO, changes and ideas that make the game feel more valuable and not so cheap.
Disclaimer;

Some days, I am cranky, some days, I am not.
Either way, I have access to a computer and the internet - so do not take my comments personally, I could be in the middle of hating everyone equally
Closed Thread