Lt. Commander
# 2101
06-10-2012, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doh123 View Post
the same place as it would do in Windows... so you need to right click the app and Show Package Contents and dive into the drive_c folder.
Found it. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2102 I am having trouble with this
06-17-2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Comics
I just want to note for anyone who might be interested that doh's wrapper works smoothly and easily for Champions as well as STO.

To get Champions onto your Mac, launch the installer for STO, login with your account and password, and click on "options." Click on "show all games." This will create a drop-down menu on the launcher that will allow you to select which game you want to patch/play.

Once you use this drop-down menu to select Champions Online, the launcher will begin to download Champions onto your hard disk. Once the download is complete, just click on "Engage" and Champions will launch.

No alteration to anything inside the wrapper is required. You just have to use the Options menu inside Cryptic's launcher to get it to display Champions as an option, along with STO. (It has always had this capability; the option is just turned off by default.) This presumes you do not have CO already installed on a partition or anything else. The download is not very long, however.

Again, my thanks to doh123 for making this wrapper, which lets me run my favorite games without Boot Camp or Windows!
I am a new mac user and I've tried downloading the game from file planet, I can't get my mac to fully unzip the file so when I try to install using the wineskin wrapper, it can't find the .exe file it needs. I'm starting to wonder if my only hope is to get a version of windows and run it that way. I've been trying for 2 days and am just getting frustrated. I first tried to install the original installed program from my old PC. I was able to get through the sign on and the patches but then it I would get an error message from Cryptic and it would crash. My Macbook Pro has an Intel HD graphics card. I'm not sure it's because I'm a mac newbie so I don't know what I'm doing or if there is something wrong. If anyone can help, would love the assist.
Lt. Commander
# 2103
06-17-2012, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellerev
I am a new mac user and I've tried downloading the game from file planet, I can't get my mac to fully unzip the file so when I try to install using the wineskin wrapper, it can't find the .exe file it needs. I'm starting to wonder if my only hope is to get a version of windows and run it that way. I've been trying for 2 days and am just getting frustrated. I first tried to install the original installed program from my old PC. I was able to get through the sign on and the patches but then it I would get an error message from Cryptic and it would crash. My Macbook Pro has an Intel HD graphics card. I'm not sure it's because I'm a mac newbie so I don't know what I'm doing or if there is something wrong. If anyone can help, would love the assist.
if you cannot get the download to unzip right, then there is either something wrong with the download itself being corrupted, or with your system for not being able to unzip it. Theres little I can do to help that, you may have to try downloading it again.
Lt. Commander
# 2104
06-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
if you cannot get the download to unzip right, then there is either something wrong with the download itself being corrupted, or with your system for not being able to unzip it. Theres little I can do to help that, you may have to try downloading it again.
Hey, thanks for the quick reply and your patience with me. You were right, for some reason my earlier download was missing the .exe file or I might have deleted by accident. I re-downloaded and it unzipped fine. I set up it up with the recommended settings and tried to run. I was able to get to the logon screen, the Cryptic "loading" screen and finally to the Starfleet Delta "Loading" screen. After about 5 minutes, it crashes. So, I made some progress but didn't get to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 2105 Issue Resolved
06-18-2012, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellerev
Hey, thanks for the quick reply and your patience with me. You were right, for some reason my earlier download was missing the .exe file or I might have deleted by accident. I re-downloaded and it unzipped fine. I set up it up with the recommended settings and tried to run. I was able to get to the logon screen, the Cryptic "loading" screen and finally to the Starfleet Delta "Loading" screen. After about 5 minutes, it crashes. So, I made some progress but didn't get to the game.
I figured out my problem. Part of it is just my lack of familiarity with Apple and the other half is just not fully reading our instructions and VERY helpful hints. Thank you so much for writing this wrapper. It seems to run better on my Macbook than it did on Windows but haven't run it through it's paces yet. Thank you again!
Career Officer
# 2106
06-20-2012, 05:53 AM
well this forced changed over to a PW account makes things confusing... I just see everyone as archived users now in the post... hopefully this post still works.
Career Officer
# 2107
06-22-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdoh123 View Post
I just see everyone as archived users now in the post
It's a Borg thing.

Anyway yes I too noticed that. I suppose it happens to the ones who've not yet completed the account merge. I just completed mine and was able to pick up my old forum handle. Since you're the real doh, chances are that you're not a fake doh.

Now on with the show... any news on the STO wrapper concerning the launch of Mountain Lion on the 19th next month?
Career Officer
# 2108
06-22-2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ispot View Post
It's a Borg thing.

Anyway yes I too noticed that. I suppose it happens to the ones who've not yet completed the account merge. I just completed mine and was able to pick up my old forum handle. Since you're the real doh, chances are that you're not a fake doh.

Now on with the show... any news on the STO wrapper concerning the launch of Mountain Lion on the 19th next month?
It shouldn't affect anything... I haven't tested STO, but Wineskin itself still works.
Career Officer
# 2109
06-22-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdoh123 View Post
It shouldn't affect anything... I haven't tested STO, but Wineskin itself still works.
Great. I was merely thinking along the lines of graphics driver updates that might be included with Mountain Lion. Looking forward to test the game once the new OS version is live in just under four weeks...

(off topic: the forum post count is way off... and the forum join dates here do not quite correspond with our "real" join dates either... and this quote from my forum control panel was rather amusing: "You last visited: 12-31-1969 at 04:00 PM". But at least I found the option to enable the lifetime forum title. That's something.)
"I never met a chocolate I didn't like"
Old forum user name: iSpot
Old forum join date: August 2008
Old forum post count: Somewhat higher
Lifer
Captain
# 2110
06-23-2012, 09:27 AM
Do you know if Demorecord works on this?
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Closed Thread