Republic Veteran
# 171
06-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Alastor has his nickname back. Alastor is less unamused.

We have nothing. Nothing but our anger. We will take that spark and start a fire which will become a great conflagration!
Career Officer
# 172
06-22-2012, 03:30 PM
All fine for me, but MK X stuff really is a bit of nothing (no matter how rare).
Thanks for the little gimmick in addition to a account merging anyway, its always good to have some more Dil. :smile:

The only thing to add in my point of view is the, like everywhere else mentioned, merging of the forums, which is a total fail without the grown metadata.
Would it have been that hard to just transfer the Cryptic-Accounts into PWE-Accounts without direct interaction with the playerbase (account-linking)?
In that case f.e. the Problems on the new forum with the names and somes others, wouldn't have been created, or am i wrong with this?

...also i noticed our honourable Community Manager still got the same Name, as in the old forums. So to me it seems to be possible, or did you first join the STO-Forums with a PWE-Account, Bran?
Greetz

Besides: Thanks for the great game! It's not perfect (the world isn't either and entertainment always depends on the audience ^^), but i guess what we all learned from MrRoddenberry is accepting the challenge, keep it up. :wink:

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc / Rommie: Lag Industries - D'Waste
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PLZ ADD MARKS-TO-CHOOSE PACKS AND AFK/LEAVER PENALTY TO PVP PUBLIC QUES (not privates!)
AND DON'T TOUCH OUR DIL!!!

Last edited by wast33; 06-22-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Career Officer
# 173
06-22-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alastorforthrigh View Post
Alastor has his nickname back. Alastor is less unamused.
If I may ask...how did you do that? (I guess I should ask, "How did you get them to do that for you?") :smile:
Republic Veteran
# 174
06-22-2012, 04:02 PM
I sent an email to customerservice@perfectworld.com asking them to unlink my PWE and Cryptic account, which they did, I then linked to a PWE account I made yesterday with this display name. It was advice given to me by BranFlakes, who, despite my arguing, and disgruntlement, was calm and courteous to me and helped me.

We have nothing. Nothing but our anger. We will take that spark and start a fire which will become a great conflagration!
Captain
# 175
06-22-2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
I sent an email to customerservice@perfectworld.com asking them to unlink my PWE and Cryptic account, which they did, I then linked to a PWE account I made yesterday with this display name. It was advice given to me by BranFlakes, who, despite my arguing, and disgruntlement, was calm and courteous to me and helped me.
+rep for BranFlakes then. Glad I don't do customer service.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
Lieutenant
# 176
06-22-2012, 07:54 PM
Wow...I don't even know where to begin.
Lt. Commander
# 177
06-22-2012, 07:58 PM
First you make us change our account names, the ones we log into everyday, THEN you remind us every time we log in how you screwed up over by making sure its our old log in that shows up under the username section, because we checked "Remember Username" because we assumed that it would not be something that was tossed around like your play thing. Thank you for yet another annoyance.

Any chance anyone knows how to fix this problem, short of removing and redownloading the game?
Career Officer
# 178
06-23-2012, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Thank you very much! :smile: I sent Perfect World an email; here's hoping they can do for me what they've done to you. :biggrin: Thanks again!
Ensign
# 179
06-23-2012, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by landerx74927 View Post
Yeah.. Will we still get out stipend every month? And will it be Cryptic Points or Zen?
I'd assume we will still get the stipend but... as seen on Tribble Test Server, I will assume it will be in Zen since that is what the store has switched over to.

Cryptic User Since October 24, 2011 | Former Gold Member, Silver For Life
Ensign
# 180
06-23-2012, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanneraubrey View Post
I'd assume we will still get the stipend but... as seen on Tribble Test Server, I will assume it will be in Zen since that is what the store has switched over to.
Is there a comparison in pricing? Meaning, is everything in Zen the same cost as it is currently in Cryptic Points? I don't like the switchover in general, but if the prices don't change and the subscription stipend is the same, I guess things could be worse. If it is also a mask for increased prices, though...that is one way things could be worse.