Career Officer
# 11
06-22-2012, 04:42 PM
Agree with you 100% Roach.. talk about the KDF faction dying at that point...
Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!
Ensign
# 12
06-22-2012, 04:51 PM
Roach, I do not know about your rumor.. But I do know that when the KDF demands the Feds do not get something, it seems the Feds get it..

FvF - Some KDF complain and say never as it will kill FvK (but leave in KvK m'kay).. Feds get FvF

Fed Cloak - Some KDF complain and say it is the only thing that makes them unique - Feds get cloak

Universal Slots - Some KDF complain and say it is the only thing that makes them unique (again) - Feds get universal slots

Fed Carrier - Some KDF complain and say it is the only thing that makes them unique (for reals this time) - Feds get carriers

Now a Fed BoP rumor...

Just saying based on my observations since 2009.
Lieutenant
# 13
06-22-2012, 04:55 PM
There is support for a FED cloak in the IP. Remember the U.S.S. Pegasus.

Well technically it was a phase shifting device

But never the less

Executive Officer of Alpha Squadron
Ensign
# 14
06-22-2012, 04:56 PM
I agree if the feds get a battlcloak, end of the line!
Career Officer
# 15
06-22-2012, 04:56 PM
Battle clock and vessels that are designed to be cannon fodder, sry to say (even if I want to see them), is about as un-Federation as it gets. With carriers there are sources going back to TOS that says the Fed had them and we see fighters in DS9, but BoPs go against bringing the crew home alive.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
06-22-2012, 05:05 PM
I really hope this isn't on the way. How much longer before "they" start putting things in that CBS says or has said no to? Don't think that hasn't run through "their" heads yet? Lets see just how big your "company" thinks it is when the Owner comes in and cleans house.

FYI, I no longer will call "them", those who bought Cryptic, by their name. They no longer have the right to be called it.
Formerly: Ally_of_the_Force/Now: A Ticked Off Customer
Member Since 10-2009/Murdered 6-2012
NO TO ARC!!!
4 Year Veteran
Empire Veteran
# 17
06-22-2012, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerpuffpony View Post
Just saying based on my observations since 2009.
Hence my fears. I'm all for growth and diversity but so far that seems to be disapeering in STO and makes me wonder if its not prepping for folding the KDf into the federation rather than attempt to repair it.
Of course that different rumor all together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelus214 View Post
There is support for a FED cloak in the IP. Remember the U.S.S. Pegasus.

Well technically it was a phase shifting device

But never the less
True, but then why did the feds never fix it and use it against the Borg, the Romulans, the Klingons, etc? :wink:
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Lieutenant
# 18
06-22-2012, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
True, but then why did the feds never fix it and use it against the Borg, the Romulans, the Klingons, etc? :wink:
Well they never fixed it due to the treaty of Algeron. But any good diplomat will tell you a treaty is only valid as long as the entities party to the treaty are able to enforce it.

With the Romulans unable to enforce the treaty the Fed could of taken the Pegasus out of mothballs

Executive Officer of Alpha Squadron
Lieutenant
# 19
06-22-2012, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Hence my fears. I'm all for growth and diversity but so far that seems to be disapeering in STO and makes me wonder if its not prepping for folding the KDf into the federation rather than attempt to repair it.
Of course that different rumor all together.

That's what I'm starting to think, too. I mean, they're talking about going back to the earlier storylines, could be they're thinking about ending the war and making the klingons same as the FED.

That'd suck. Big time.
===========

Yeah... Not the best signiture, but it's my first time using an advanced image editing program, so... woo!
Community Moderator
# 20
06-22-2012, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman56 View Post
That's what I'm starting to think, too. I mean, they're talking about going back to the earlier storylines, could be they're thinking about ending the war and making the klingons same as the FED.

That'd suck. Big time.
Well remember sooner or later the Klingons will join the Federation :tongue:
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.