Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
04-30-2012, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
Just bear in mind not all 'reinforcement requests' are not as interesting or combat intensive as what I normally host.

Other Captains' needs may differ. Some just want a little chat to borrow your hyperspanner. Lol.
I can be a good neighbor and lend a hand.My alt engineer toon is a talker.My primary TAC has quad cannons to do most of his talking. Is cloaking and meandering off considered bad form if its too chatty for a TAC? Im sure the engineer would think so.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-22-2012, 04:16 PM
So I mentioned a competition for this channel coming soon but it's been delayed. There's a different competition in progress and when that's finished the one for this channel will get started up!

I'll keep you informed...
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-23-2012, 02:15 AM
No worries, the 'no. of channel subscribers' does need time to increase.

I don't see a lot of actual roleplay going on in the channel to be honest, but there's nothing stopping anyone at the moment from running a small scene or two to serve as background command net chatter.

I usually have DC and one or two other lesser used newbie help channels monitored just in case there's anyone posting.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-23-2012, 01:49 PM
I didn't know about this channel until seeing this thread pop up yesterday. I am now sitting in it on my characters, if only to jump at the chance to respond to distress signals somewhat in-character (I am not a huge RP person, but I think it has great potential for fun in this setting).
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-23-2012, 02:44 PM
How on earth did I miss this channel?

Will pass the word on to fleet and friends as we do like to do this sort of thing.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-24-2012, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuse1983 View Post
How on earth did I miss this channel?

Will pass the word on to fleet and friends as we do like to do this sort of thing.
Would be happy to see some sort of community organized event or regular channel users. Alecto after all did give public access to his channel for us to make use of it.

Ship to ship RP is the easiest and one of the most enjoyable forms of roleplaying. It doesn't need huge character bios, it doesn't need RP experience and few words are required. Could even use it as a casual STF coordination tool... using authentic AF style ship to ship hails. I believe there are some useful canon references for space traffic control - the movie "The Voyage Home" springs to mind.

There were a lot of station to ship long range transmissions before the station got disabled by the whale probe.

I used to do ship to ship RP plus video logs extensively before "certain STO fleets" decided newbies shouldn't propose new ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Oh, this is beautiful! I'll be hanging out here when I'm online.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-14-2012, 03:18 AM
Just be aware that the activity level on this channel is not very high.

I wish there would be more 'background chatter' such as "ship on patrol" reports, so that others can participate in without feeling awkward - such as -> (DS9 in distress? Erm, there are about 50 warships hovering around the station in Sector.)
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-14-2012, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
Just be aware that the activity level on this channel is not very high.

I wish there would be more 'background chatter' such as "ship on patrol" reports, so that others can participate in without feeling awkward - such as -> (DS9 in distress? Erm, there are about 50 warships hovering around the station in Sector.)
Heh. I remember when the Romulan FE first came out. "Take a shuttlecraft to the vault so they won't detect you!" You show up in sector space and there's no room to move due to the massive bunch of shuttles all around the place. :p Very stealthy!
Captain
# 30
06-22-2012, 05:40 PM
Had some small scale fun on this channel earlier today when a Miranda captain requested for help in Delta Volanis against a surprise marauder attack.

Distress signal in Delta Volanis! Who would ever find her in that maelstrom of sensor anomalies and ion storms?

Worry not, the USS Relativity-A's advanced sensors soon picked out the Miranda's subspace beacon off the background radiation and promptly sent the good fer nothing banditos back to where they came from.
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel