Captain
# 11
06-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettorix View Post
I'd imagine that ship sales drop off because as account unlocks, one purchase is all you need. Then since the main influx of players tapers off, fewer need to buy them.

It'd be best to just convert to Zen and avoid all this confusion anyway. Not that the word Zen seems appropriate for Trek, but neither does Cryptic Points.
I'm not sure they would switch CP to Zen -- PWE seems to like having each game have its own particular in-world currency and Zen be the account-wide currency. (Easier to tweak rates for a single game with respect to what it's worth in RealMoney, I suspect).

STO has one of the messier economies I've seen in a game. EC, Dil, CP, GPL, Lobi . . .
# 12
06-22-2012, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezle23 View Post
I'm not sure they would switch CP to Zen -- PWE seems to like having each game have its own particular in-world currency and Zen be the account-wide currency. (Easier to tweak rates for a single game with respect to what it's worth in RealMoney, I suspect).

STO has one of the messier economies I've seen in a game. EC, Dil, CP, GPL, Lobi . . .
Or at least changing the cpoint value to 1CP = 1zen. Just to make this easier on those who freak out when the numbers don't match. Just a suggestion. I'm fine either way
Rihannsu
# 13
06-22-2012, 05:35 PM
Honestly, the Zen system is the dumbest in-game monetary system I've ever seen.

Instead of click a button and get C-Store points while still in the STO UI you now have to exit the game, go through a series of pages.

After that, you wait for them to review it (only if you have a character above level 10 and have played for one week). Then they put it in your wallet. You can't use it yet, though, oh no, you have to go into ANOTHER website, access your account, sift through all PWE games, transfer the Zen. Wait for the transfer and /THEN/ the exchange rate is 100 Zen to 80 Cryptic Points.

So instead of making it simple, easy, non-immersion breaking, and encouraging people to use it like it used to it's the most insane, convoluted system I've ever seen.
Community Moderator
# 14
06-22-2012, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captsol View Post
Honestly, the Zen system is the dumbest in-game monetary system I've ever seen.

Instead of click a button and get C-Store points while still in the STO UI you now have to exit the game, go through a series of pages.

After that, you wait for them to review it (only if you have a character above level 10 and have played for one week). Then they put it in your wallet. You can't use it yet, though, oh no, you have to go into ANOTHER website, access your account, sift through all PWE games, transfer the Zen. Wait for the transfer and /THEN/ the exchange rate is 100 Zen to 80 Cryptic Points.

So instead of making it simple, easy, non-immersion breaking, and encouraging people to use it like it used to it's the most insane, convoluted system I've ever seen.
As it was just posted, c-points are going away anyways so there won't be a need to exchange :smile:
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Rihannsu
# 15
06-22-2012, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
As it was just posted, c-points are going away anyways so there won't be a need to exchange :smile:
I'll believe that when I see it. Unless they 'Lock' Zen that you'll get as a stipend to STO if you're a subscriber/lifer I can't see them doing away with C-Store points because you could use Zen with ANY PWE game and C-Store Lifer points are STO only.
Rihannsu
# 16
06-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captsol View Post
I'll believe that when I see it. Unless they 'Lock' Zen that you'll get as a stipend to STO if you're a subscriber/lifer I can't see them doing away with C-Store points because you could use Zen with ANY PWE game and C-Store Lifer points are STO only.
Yup, that's what they are doing. They're locking the stipend so that it is only usable in STO (it will be 500 Zen, which equals 400 CP). They already do something similar with the Cryptic Point stipend in Champions Online. I WISH I could use that stipend over here. I have enough at this point to buy the Odyssey Pack if I could combine the two.

https://support.perfectworld.com/app...tail/a_id/4136
Career Officer
# 17
06-24-2012, 09:47 PM
no biggie games change constantly as long as we get the Star Bases I am happy
Ensign
# 18
06-25-2012, 04:07 PM
I sort of feel your pain mall405a... and I do mean sort of. I remeber momentarily thinking the exact same thing the first time I puchased the electronic credits. I stopped myself quickly, thinking: I am turning real money into imaginary electronic money. It no longer has value outside of a fictional, digital world. I am a captive market. Either I grind like a butcher's sharpening wheel, or cough up a pittance for something neat that I'll never, ever, ever get to tough with my own two hands. Just remember, eRepubik is worse. It's not such a conversion loss in the end though, is it? It's not as though the C-Store or Perfect World is run by usurers; I regularily get ripped off by friends when trading resources for board games... I guess we're going to have to live with it. this is a seriously well-developed game after all.
Career Officer
# 19
06-25-2012, 07:10 PM
If you check out tribble, it's already their. :frown:
I'm the original @Gurga, accept no substitute. I would have used my handle but, that would have been too much to ask. Seeing as I use it for every other forum I visit.
LTS subscriber and member since 2009.
Ensign
# 20
06-27-2012, 04:06 PM
Maybe the math is ok for USD ($) but with EUR the prices have risen.

Before:
1EUR = 100CP

NOW:
500ZP / 4.5EUR x 0.8 = 88,8CP

===> 1EUR = 88,8 CP <===

so this is 11,2CP/EUR less!

Cryptic/Perfect World: Please explain.