Commander
# 11
06-22-2012, 11:03 PM
It seems to me there was mention in a previous Dev post somewhere of the possibility of "skins". That would suit me fine. A "skin" that I could pop over my Excelsior retrofit or even an Armitage that would make it look like a Connie... with the Connie bridge pack... what would be the diff?
ZOE: "Sir! You paid money for this?... on purpose??"

KIRK: "Excuse me... what does God need with a starship?"
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
06-22-2012, 11:16 PM
Now that PWE has a firm grip on things, there will most likely be a Scalable Connie for the 1.000 day Vet rewards ship with no more of this "CBS said" BS.

I recommend a skin that can go over any ship that way the PvPr's won't know what's hitting them.

Also the option for either the TOS or TMP Connie.
"Zero, Zero, Zero...Destruct, Zero"
Career Officer
# 13
06-23-2012, 01:18 AM
I'm on day 889
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Career Officer
# 14
06-23-2012, 01:29 AM
Before the days of seeing Federation officers flying Cat Carriers, D'koras and Galors I would have said that endgame connies were a very poor reflection of canon, but at this point, considering how ridiculous the ship situation has become, I no longer have any objection to T-5 connies. I just hope they are not a gambling reward.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-23-2012, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
Before the days of seeing Federation officers flying Cat Carriers, D'koras and Galors I would have said that endgame connies were a very poor reflection of canon, but at this point, considering how ridiculous the ship situation has become, I no longer have any objection to T-5 connies. I just hope they are not a gambling reward.
Yeah, it's become pretty silly. The day a Connie can take a Galaxy will be a sad one. That's like saying a WW1 biplane could take an F15 Eagle. There is a such thing as progression; not everything can be refit.
Career Officer
# 16
06-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by retunred4good View Post
Yeah, it's become pretty silly. The day a Connie can take a Galaxy will be a sad one. That's like saying a WW1 biplane could take an F15 Eagle. There is a such thing as progression; not everything can be refit.
You've obviously never seen Ring Raiders before :p
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
06-23-2012, 02:26 PM
As a former Aircraft mechanic in the Air Force and National Guard I can positively state that a kid with a slingshot can take out an F15 eagle or any jet aircraft for that matter if the aircraft in question is approaching them.

So if the WW1 Biplane were to fire it's guns at the approaching jet, instant FOD Kill!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSSDqXGCREw
"Zero, Zero, Zero...Destruct, Zero"

Last edited by thlaylierah; 06-23-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 18
06-24-2012, 03:07 PM
Do we really need this? Feds get a new ship and another and another...and what do they do...they ask for more!

As much as I think the Klinks can use some new ships I would rather have the feds handed a dozen new ships before that piece of mothballed nostalgia is put in as a tier 5.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-25-2012, 02:24 PM
You can only refit things so much, you can't have connie that can beat a 24th century galaxy class. So I could see a refit to tier 3 but not to tier 5.
Career Officer
# 20
06-27-2012, 10:59 AM
Just give us the skin then.
Like the OP, I grew up on the movies, and have a 1/350 model I built, and painted
down to the pearl effects on the different sections.
although, I'm not as hardcore as this guy, I wish my wife would let me have our dining
room table to do what this guy did and build a connie/movie 6 foot replica!!

http://galaxyphoto.com/jw_ent_paint.htm