Lt. Commander
# 181
03-28-2012, 06:27 AM
You could try
/bind_save_file WeirdFileNameOfYourChoice.txt
to write a file (with your current binds) to your hard disk. ('m not sure about the underscores in that command, I currently don't have the game available, but autocomplete will give you the correct command.)

And then search your entire hard drive (everything! not just your documents folder!) for WeirdFileNameOfYourChoice.txt and Windows should find the file and thus the correct location for your bind files.

Are you using STO via Steam?
Lt. Commander
# 182
03-28-2012, 06:30 AM
Stream? What's Stream?

Sorry, Noob in the house (only played for about 3 months)
Lt. Commander
# 183
03-28-2012, 06:34 AM
Steam is an online game shop. But since you don't know what it is, you are most likely not using it.
I just mentioned it because Steam puts the games you download from there in its own directory subtree, which would explain why the default folder is not working for you.
Lt. Commander
# 184
03-28-2012, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
Steam is an online game shop. But since you don't know what it is, you are most likely not using it.
I just mentioned it because Steam puts the games you download from there in its own directory subtree, which would explain why the default folder is not working for you.
Thank you for the help though, it's getting frustrating trying to bind an entire row to a key and only getting four spaces.
Lt. Commander
# 185
03-29-2012, 11:57 PM
I solved my Keybinding issues...now I can do the entire first row of my abilities with two keys. The problem is how can I get Shield Distribution onto a keybind?
Lt. Commander
# 186
03-30-2012, 03:18 PM
cliftona91, If you are looking for the file as a .txt file using notepad, you won't find it. STO doesn't save the bindfile with an extension. If you use windows explorer, you should be able to find it in the "Live" folder with the name used.

You can also use the .txt extension when saving to assist further:

/bind_save_file filename.txt

RE Shield Distribution

+power_exec Distribute_Shields

this will cause your shield to be EVENLY distributed amongst all four facings.

In a bindflle:

Home "+power_exec Distribute_Shields"

In the chat window

/bind Home +power_exec Distribute_Shields
Lt. Commander
# 187
05-04-2012, 07:47 PM
I have tried to /bind_save_file <filename>.txt and nothing is saved anywhere. I don't get a response from the system saying it was successful. Also, my screenshots are not being saved anymore. Can anyone help?
Career Officer
# 188
06-23-2012, 08:57 PM
Id like to say that the order of which Ability is popped first is totally random and putting the first priority ability that needs to be popped at the last part of the keybind sentence it doesnt work all the time if ever.

its all random and u cannot rely on it thats why Rapid fire 3+2 on a spacebar ram bind isnt really that optimal at all...
Starfleet Veteran
# 189
06-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Just like that and in fact for this reason I shortened a lot my keybinds...
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

I salute Adm. Marcus, a real Starfleet hero! Thanks to his courage we Tac Feds now have an awesome Cruiser, the USS Avenger!
Commander
# 190 Need Major Help
07-05-2012, 07:42 AM
Ok I'm new to the whole Keybind and all of this looks like gibberish... It was a sort of shock I guess.

What I'm asking for is to be able to my 4 EPtXs skills, balance shields, and fire weapons all on the Space Bar. If anyone can assist me in this, it would be so ever loving awesome! Start slow and move to the hard stuff

The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up
Closed Thread