Lt. Commander
# 21
05-01-2012, 02:29 PM
I've watched the youtubes on several occasions, but the fact is, I totally suck at the Crystaline Event...mainly because its an event that doesn't happen very often, which makes participating and learning first hand rather difficult.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-02-2012, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesinthedark View Post
When I first started playing and the first time this event came up I was REALLY excited. How more perfect could it get than having one of the more different and destructive non-humanoid entities from ST.

Pretty, Shiny, Terrorizing, what more of a unique diversity of qualities could you possibly ask for....oh yeah that you could actually possibly kill the thing.

After about 5 minutes I realized how much of a nightmare this event was, and 3 (yes 3) hours later I finally left after realizing the other people that stayed where just farming. All the guides, walk-throughs and preparation is meaningless unless you're in a very organized group or a fleet.

Out of all the whining that goes on in the forums about something being unbalanced and over powered this is by far the number 1 on that list, or at least it should be. There is a huge difference between something being achievable with a lot of determination and something so difficult that it's not even worth trying.

This really needs a redo and it's about time that that happens. The special events are getting really boring, you can only do Defera or Mirror so many times and a redo / release of this event would be a great way and relatively easy way to give us something old but new that wouldn't require a lot of attention.
Completely agree. It's pointless - longtime players avoid it, newer players leave it in frustration - and it probably results in some new players never actually returning. When this is the case, something is VERY wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-07-2012, 02:54 AM
Ah, Crystalline Fleet Action. The only place that can probably compete to Ker'rat when it comes to lack of attention to glaring problems by Cryptic.
In Ker'rat, they "fixed" only the Daily Mission recently. For the Crystalline Fleet Action, they only changed how you can access it.

I suppose every month or so a new Dev looks at the code and data for these, optimstic he can probably fix the long-standing issues and be a hero to the community, only to be driven mad and run away screaming or cutting himself. When / If he comes back, the other devs probably congratulate him - he survived the initiation and entered the first Circle of the Dev Society. (The later circles probably include bugfixing/optimizing PvP and PvE Queues and visiting the PvP forums)
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-12-2012, 12:01 AM
Um, its very possible using a ball of DPS and make sure everyone has a copy of Tractor Beam repulsors:

http://youtu.be/1FYe_Xfs0CQ
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by modemfox View Post
Um, its very possible using a ball of DPS and make sure everyone has a copy of Tractor Beam repulsors:

http://youtu.be/1FYe_Xfs0CQ
Nice vid there, leave it to the Klingons to do it right, lol, but then again, I've always noticed the Klingon playerbase to be a much more tight knit group that seems to play a lot better with one another, probably stemming from being ignored so long in terms of content.

As for the CE I think I tried it twice a few months after it came out and I've never bothered to go back, for most if not all of the reasons already listed. Also the fact the rewards aren't even close to being appropriate for the amount of work it takes to destroy that thing.
Ensign
# 26
06-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Just dont destroy the large crystal and this thing is killable. but nobody want to listen. those people can waste there time. one person could kill this thing if they know what they were doing.
Commander
# 27
06-24-2012, 01:04 AM
I've played this twice and the Feeding grounds STF once. Both were so unpleasant that I have never played either since and will not.
Joined STO in September 2010.
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
06-24-2012, 07:21 AM
Disable all mines and launchers on all vessels entering and turn off Doff powers

there its fixed

now do the same in PVP

its time we "de-lited" the elites
Captain
# 29
06-24-2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerwalk0769 View Post
I've played this twice and the Feeding grounds STF once. Both were so unpleasant that I have never played either since and will not.
me 2...both were broken when i tried them, but the general feeling i got was disappointment and not worth doing.

Quote:
now do the same in PVP

its time we "de-lited" the elites
lol, i could probably pawn you in your galaxy-r, day and night, even without doff's, torpedo launchers or mines.
it is hard to "de-lite" elites if you are not yourself one...and in your case may never be.
Go pro or go home
Survivor of Romulus
# 30
06-24-2012, 10:11 AM
You will never get the chance now
As like most of the people fed up with the elitists and the other thugs and maulers I am now avoiding pvp until they fix it so there are NO more of these people in there