Captain
# 1 Galor Build Advice
06-24-2012, 07:29 PM
I'm running the Galor right now, and I'm seeking advice on how its build can be improved if at all:

Tactical Captain

Bridge Officers:

Cmdr Engineer:
EPtW1, EPtW2, Aux2Structural2,Directed Energy Modulation 3

Lt. Cmdr. Tactical:
TT1, FAW2,THY3

Lt. Universal (Tactical):
TT1, APB1

Lt. Engineer:
EPtW1, RSP1

Ens. Science:
HazEm 1

Weapons:
7 Spiral Wave Disruptors (3 fore, 4 aft)
Mk XII Quantum Torpedo Launcher [BORG]

Full Mk XI M.A.C.O. Set

Engineering Consoles:
2 Very Rare Mk XI Monotanium Alloy
Antimatter Spread
Theta Radiation Vents

Science Consoles:
Mk XI Rare Field Generator
Borg Assimilated Module

Tactical Consoles:
3 Mk XI Rare Disruptor Induction Coils
Captain
# 2
06-24-2012, 07:51 PM
I see 3 EPTWs which seems wasteful since at most you can use 2. No EPTS? Also what purpose are you going for (STFs, PVP, general use?). Lastly, what DOFFs?
Captain
# 3
06-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
I see 3 EPTWs which seems wasteful since at most you can use 2. No EPTS? Also what purpose are you going for (STFs, PVP, general use?). Lastly, what DOFFs?
EPtS suffers from the same cooldown issue that I run into now... it does seem that I can chain EPtW more often with 3 of them, but I'm open to changing it.

Going for (E)STFs and just general fun.

Will say, the only thing that I want to keep is the Spiral Waves, I like them too much.

DOFFs: If I remember right, I have 3 Purple PWOs a Astrometric Scientist and a Conn officer... but I'm willing to change them too.
Captain
# 4
06-24-2012, 08:39 PM
If you set up 2 EPTW1 and 2 EPTS2 and keybind so they're all activated by the spacebar, you hit that every 15 seconds it'll alternate which one it activates and give you both of them on constantly. Yeah, you'll lose the RSP but with the always-on damage reduction and shield regeneration you won't need it. Maybe train that second engineer in Extend Shields 2 and Eject Warp Plasma 3 (or vice versa), and then you can swap which eng is Commander and which is Lt, depending on if you want the shield penetration and hull heal, or crowd control and teammate damage-reduction. Might also want to train your Lt tactical in APO1 for a speed boost and anti tractor beam and similarly alternate, or even drop a tac skill an have it always around, but thats depends on your own opinion and what you want.

DOFFs there are a lot of options. I can understand the appeal of the Astrometric and not having to wait on transwarp, but there are things you can do with that slot. On the Torpedo Officers, since you're mostly broadsiding they're kinda wasted. If you're running a setup with 4 Emergency powers, then a Warp Core Engineer or two with give you a chance at a power boost every 15 seconds. A Damage Control Engineer would cut the cooldown on those Emergency powers, and 2-3 of them might even let you get away with just 2 powers instead of 4. 2-3 Shield Distribution Officers can turn Brace For Impact into a burly shield heal. As for the Conn officer, is he the one that boosts Evasive or the Tac Team one?
Captain
# 5
06-24-2012, 09:46 PM
Quote:
If you set up 2 EPTW1 and 2 EPTS2 and keybind so they're all activated by the spacebar, you hit that every 15 seconds it'll alternate which one it activates and give you both of them on constantly. Yeah, you'll lose the RSP but with the always-on damage reduction and shield regeneration you won't need it. Maybe train that second engineer in Extend Shields 2 and Eject Warp Plasma 3 (or vice versa), and then you can swap which eng is Commander and which is Lt, depending on if you want the shield penetration and hull heal, or crowd control and teammate damage-reduction. Might also want to train your Lt tactical in APO1 for a speed boost and anti tractor beam and similarly alternate, or even drop a tac skill an have it always around, but thats depends on your own opinion and what you want.
Never thought of that. I'll look into it, because that seems like a couple of good ideas.

Quote:
DOFFs there are a lot of options. I can understand the appeal of the Astrometric and not having to wait on transwarp, but there are things you can do with that slot. On the Torpedo Officers, since you're mostly broadsiding they're kinda wasted. If you're running a setup with 4 Emergency powers, then a Warp Core Engineer or two with give you a chance at a power boost every 15 seconds. A Damage Control Engineer would cut the cooldown on those Emergency powers, and 2-3 of them might even let you get away with just 2 powers instead of 4. 2-3 Shield Distribution Officers can turn Brace For Impact into a burly shield heal. As for the Conn officer, is he the one that boosts Evasive or the Tac Team one?
I think the Conn is the Evasive one, I cant look at them currently.