Captain
# 51
06-25-2012, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captgriffen View Post
I need EC.
You need the item.
Thanks to the exchange, both are equivalent in value.

So why does your need trump mine? If it means so much to you, go buy the item on the exchange - it'll cost you the same as me not getting the item would.

All those people complaining about needers where it isn't agreed otherwise by everyone pre-stf, are the greedy ones. They're too stingy to pay for their own gear, and want to be subsidised by those who do gear themselves properly.
This is pretty much why the "Greed" system is completely goofy outside of full organized teams. People in this thread don't seem to understand that if they need an item, even a weapon they'll use and I won't, that's great: but I need EC as well, ostensibly to buy items I'll use. The only arguable difference is that giving them the weapon gets the thing one of us wants faster, but who's really to say? Maybe it's worth tens of millions, and me selling it will get me a full equipment complement while he'd only use that single piece.

It would be 100% different if important items were BoP, but they're not. Insofar as you can sell anything on the Exchange, there's no reason not to roll Need on things you want because your 'need' is equal to everyone else's.

Last edited by shimmerless; 06-25-2012 at 05:46 AM.
Captain
# 52
06-25-2012, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
Aparently, by the logic set forth in most of the counter arguments, everything should just be set to an auto roll since even the junk (which some have said you shouldnt need...even they have also stated that they need it for money and not the equipment) is worth taking for the monetary need. So why bother giving them a choice?

Pretty much. There shouldn't even be a greed roll in this game, it should just be roll or pass.

But the people that think we should follow some arbitrary rules just because an extra button exists (Greed) are absolutely bonkers. What's the point in everybody pushing Greed instead of Need? The only thing it accomplishes is someone getting screwed out of their roll and then posting some silly ass post on the forum complaining about it. Nobody actually "needs" the items for use, everyone just sells it for EC.
Lieutenant
# 53
06-25-2012, 06:46 AM
Either "Roll/Pass" or even simply no loot except the individual container and a flat amount of EC at the end. Then perhaps crafting would make at least some sense.
Career Officer
# 54
06-25-2012, 06:52 AM
Sadly, a healthy number of players won't read this thread as they don't post on the forums.

Anyway - from my own viewpoint, I pass on kit that I don't want. I don't use MkX kit, and I can't be bothered to stick on the exchange most of the time, so I just pass on it in the hopes that the person who clicked 'need' does actually need it (though probably doesn't really either).
Ensign
# 55
06-25-2012, 07:26 AM
Fun fact: If you shouldn't roll need on items for EC, you shouldn't roll need on EDCs or salvage or tech. After all, you won't be using them, as they aren't even equip-able. You'll just be buying items with it.

So selfish, rolling need on something to buy an item with it!

[/sarcasm]

N/G is a relic of games where drops cannot be turned into different items via the exchange. For example, in WoW, if a rogue item drops, I cannot get that, sell it on the exchange, and get a warrior item, because it's BoP.
Career Officer
# 56
06-25-2012, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captgriffen View Post
Fun fact: If you shouldn't roll need on items for EC, you shouldn't roll need on EDCs or salvage or tech. After all, you won't be using them, as they aren't even equip-able. You'll just be buying items with it.

So selfish, rolling need on something to buy an item with it!

[/sarcasm]

N/G is a relic of games where drops cannot be turned into different items via the exchange. For example, in WoW, if a rogue item drops, I cannot get that, sell it on the exchange, and get a warrior item, because it's BoP.
Didn't say there was necessarily anything wrong with doing so - just, basically, said that it's not for me - mostly because I can't be bothered with the exchange.
Ensign
# 57
06-25-2012, 07:34 AM
@reyan01:
Oh it wasn't aimed at you. Everyone's free to roll greed/pass if they want, just so long as you don't whine about not getting loot afterwards, it's cool.
Career Officer
# 58
06-25-2012, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgazer View Post
No thanks. I'm not going to abuse the system like that.

If I need something I hit need otherwise I just pass on it. I've seen a few other people in STF's lately doing the same.

What I would really like is to be able to put someone on the ignore list and have the game not team me up with those people.
If you run private matches (See EliteSTF Channel, TeamFind Channel etc) you can absolutely start building your ignore list... which I have done, and will continue to do so... or start friend requesting players fromt he pug teams you are on that you find to be halfway decent and wouldnt mind running more STF's with them... then make your own private, and go hunting for players in the channels or friends list. I also belong to several "friend" channels that were started as ways to avoid the pugs.

I dont argue, or yell or scream in team chat... just note their @handle, and ignore at the end of the match. Has made my enjoyment level increase dramatically.

I have a short list on how to get on my ignore list;

1) Screaming and Yelling at others (trolling) about how bad they are... I call these the elitists (not to be confused with the elite who are excellent players, are willing to help those who want to improve, in a non-confrontational way).

2) Needing Ninja's

End result, I play multiple STF's every day (minimally, each one at least once... more often several times each). So I dont have to resort to the queues very often.

After all it is just a game... if there are people that cause your enjoyment to lessen... then ignore them...