06-25-2012, 12:11 PM
Sweet

That works for me
Career Officer
# 32
06-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdoxy View Post
Folks complaining about something free. Glad to see even if the boards change the posts from the users don't.
The problem isnt the fact of something Free. They offered the Champions Online crowd the same thing with the purchase of LTS. Then shortly after they opened up CBT to non LTS. They will do the same again. Just watch MMORPG.com I bet soon they will be offering a contest on it (again) for keys and access to the CBT for neverwinter. The problem isnt things for Free. The problem is the twist behind it. Any non LTS will have access to this. The reason why we complain is its just Branflakes and PWE false promotion of actually giving us something.

Unless you have yet to set your title to the LTS title, I am assuming you have NOT dished out a bulk amount of money to a game to play. Meaning you have no reason to be pissed off. If you drop a few hundred on a game (299 not during a sale) then you Expect the money you paid for, the perks given to you, to affect the game you play. NOT a sad Promotion for there next game to try to sucker there Life time players over to.
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Career Officer
# 33
06-25-2012, 12:14 PM
That's Awesome! I've been watching NW closely, so getting into the Beta will be a welcomed surprise. I can't wait to get in
Captain
# 34
06-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdoxy View Post
Folks complaining about something free. Glad to see even if the boards change the posts from the users don't.
I, too would be infuriated if I was invited into closed beta for a game a company was creating. Its the only rational reaction.

Sadly, being F2P means that I'm not subjected to this terrible outrage that's an affront to right-thinking people everywhere. I'll have to go back to being outraged about less important things like politics during an election year or something. :frown:
This is a joke right? I mean the real invitation is to test Season 7 (yes I mean 7) Before everyone else, right?

Seriously with this... this isn't a perk, this is cross game advertising. I blow enough money on this game as is what makes you think I want to spend it on a game I know nothing or even care about?

This isn't a perk. This is lame
Captain_Conrad
STO Start Date: March 2010
June 2012, assimilated into the PWE collective. Resistance is futile.
Empire Veteran
# 36
06-25-2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poison View Post
Do you remember STO Closed Beta? People who bought LTS to Champs got closed beta access to STO as a perk. They then opened up access to others without making them pay. I'm sure the same thing will happen here.
Really? It cost me $60 to play in the open beta.
Commander
# 37
06-25-2012, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusmajere View Post
YAAAAAAAY I paid 299 to get access to a Beta... that has nothing to do with the Lifetime Perks towards Star Trek Online. Yayyy.. Betas which every other company lets you in for FREEEE... yay.. Ya know typically I have no problems with the stuff you have given us.
I don't understand what's wrong with an additional perk (though a weak one).

There are people who paid 500 bucks (and more) for beta access to Diablo 3, various WoW Expansions, Warhammer Online etc.
Now, that's dumb

PWE you nearly got me with this one ... but I still won't buy a LTS
Empire Veteran
# 38
06-25-2012, 12:19 PM
Well I'm getting bored of sto and was in need of something else to do for a while, as a fan of Neverwinter Nights, this may do.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Rihannsu
# 39
06-25-2012, 12:27 PM
cool. looking forward to giving NW a spin.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 40
06-25-2012, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoroon View Post
I don't understand what's wrong with an additional perk (though a weak one).

There are people who paid 500 bucks (and more) for beta access to Diablo 3, various WoW Expansions, Warhammer Online etc.
Now, that's dumb

PWE you nearly got me with this one ... but I still won't buy a LTS

I paid $0 to Beta Test D3, Got my access off of MMOrpg.com, Also got my STO beta access off MMORPG.com. Did not beta warhammer so can't comment about that.
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/