Rihannsu
# 41
06-25-2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty8mac View Post
Really? It cost me $60 to play in the open beta.
Yep, really. Numerous sites were giving out free keys, and Cryptic even had an application process to get one directly from them for free as well.
Career Officer
# 42
06-25-2012, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We are happy to announce that all Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscribers will be gaining access to the Neverwinter Closed Beta test*. Read more for full details.

Click here to read more.
Well, that's a real minor perk for a Startrek Online player. It's neat you do it, but seriously, it doesn't affect the gameplay of STO in any way.
Empire Veteran
# 43
06-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Ya, I'm with the numerous others in this thread as NOT seeing this as a perk.
Why?
Cause I'm already Testing Season 6 for STO....
Since NWN is based off of tech from CO and STO, both of which work, then I already know that NWN works...
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Commander
# 44
06-25-2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusmajere View Post
The problem isnt the fact of something Free. They offered the Champions Online crowd the same thing with the purchase of LTS. Then shortly after they opened up CBT to non LTS. They will do the same again. Just watch MMORPG.com I bet soon they will be offering a contest on it (again) for keys and access to the CBT for neverwinter. The problem isnt things for Free. The problem is the twist behind it. Any non LTS will have access to this. The reason why we complain is its just Branflakes and PWE false promotion of actually giving us something.

Unless you have yet to set your title to the LTS title, I am assuming you have NOT dished out a bulk amount of money to a game to play. Meaning you have no reason to be pissed off. If you drop a few hundred on a game (299 not during a sale) then you Expect the money you paid for, the perks given to you, to affect the game you play. NOT a sad Promotion for there next game to try to sucker there Life time players over to.
I do have an LTS. Too lazy to find settings to change my name on the new board.

Sure they may offer this "perk" to other folks down the line but as a STO LTS you get first shot. Is it much of a perk? No its not, but its still a perk and not much of a reason to see so much out rage on the forum.

Make sure you never buy a car because you'll get perks from your car dealership all the time they don't send to regular folks. Life is tough I know, but sometimes you just gotta roll with it.
Career Officer
# 45
06-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Well, if anything, those of us interested in the Foundry can compare NW's Foundry features to STO's - and once the NDA on the NW closed beta is lifted; come back and ask why doesn't/when will STO's Foundry be getting feature 'X'.

(I'm an old pencil and paper D&D player from WAY back - so if anything, it'll be interesting to see what they did to the D&D mileu.)
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Rihannsu
# 46
06-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poison View Post
Do you remember STO Closed Beta? People who bought LTS to Champs got closed beta access to STO as a perk. They then opened up access to others without making them pay. I'm sure the same thing will happen here.
Yep, this is par the course for Cryptic. Though all the game companies are doing something similar these days, buy this get that, betas, preorder offers.
MikeWard1701 (Special Envoy)

facebook twitter Steam STOwiki Raptr - feel free to follow/friend me : )
Empire Veteran
# 47
06-25-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
Well, if anything, those of us interested in the Foundry can compare NW's Foundry features to STO's - and once the NDA on the NW closed beta is lifted; come back and ask why doesn't/when will STO's Foundry be getting feature 'X'.

(I'm an old pencil and paper D&D player from WAY back - so if anything, it'll be interesting to see what they did to the D&D mileu.)
Same here I used to be big on the muds back in the 80's and 90's but if they can go further with their tech and gameplay as far as world pvp goes and territory control as well as there should not be as much limitations on the foundry EULA with Neverwinter as with the IP of Star Trek.

So should work out pretty good to be able to have access for the LTS.
Career Officer
# 48
06-25-2012, 12:53 PM
You should not have to pay to have access to betas (refering to Guild Wars 2).
Career Officer
# 49
06-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We are happy to announce that all Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscribers will be gaining access to the Neverwinter Closed Beta test*. Read more for full details.

Click here to read more.
Thats funny since I just bought my STO lifetime some days ago after 500 Days of loyal montly subbing (Got 500 today actually )

But honestly, I have absolutely no interest in the next so called Middle Age MMO, there have been tons of it already, what makes this MMO so awesome compared 2 the rest of them?

Last edited by marctraiderz; 06-25-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Career Officer
# 50
06-25-2012, 01:00 PM
Well this is neat. I'll take it.

But, can the next one actually be something in STO? Like a free borgified ship skin that compliments the look of the Borg set? Or a Vulcan/Orion Love Slave pet I can run around with on ESD/First City that dances when not running?