Career Officer
# 81
06-25-2012, 03:32 PM
Poor to read, that most here not mature enough to understand, that's another team at NW and not the STO team. Same like all other game developers....
It's just a gift for actual lifetimers. That's all.
Career Officer
# 82
06-25-2012, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynh View Post
Poor to read, that most here not mature enough to understand, that's another team at NW and not the STO team. Same like all other game developers....
It's just a gift for actual lifetimers. That's all.
A lot do know that, I am suprised that some don't though, but to me that is besides the point. When I think "perk" for being a lifer, I think something special in the game as to which I am a lifer for. Not this.... If you are intrested in Neverwinter, than I am sure this is a good thing for you, and you should do it. I personally won't touch another PWE game outside of STO after all of the other crap that has been endured. Have fun.
Starfleet Veteran
# 83
06-25-2012, 03:54 PM
I was really excited that we got a little something good for the game
<div align=center>http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/205090/New_new_WP_Banner_copy.png</div>
Commander
# 84
06-25-2012, 04:20 PM
This is more of an advertisement for Neverwinter than it is a perk for STO. It doesn't even do anything for for STO at all.
Career Officer
# 85
06-25-2012, 04:23 PM
I do appreciate the chance to dive into Neverwinter when that beta comes around, but I also can't help but feel a little disappointed that this wasn't something for STO. I think most of us would rather have a perk for STO than a perk for another game, even if it is a beta.

I, for one, hope to stick around in STO for quite some time. I'll probably still play Neverwinter, but I'll play STO a lot more.
Career Officer
# 86
06-25-2012, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarta View Post
Okay, who's idea was this?

I don't really like fantasy, so offering me a fantasy shiny gimmick is going to fly about as far as a starship with the warp core offline and all the impulse engines damaged.

NCSoft tried this tactic with me before and it didn't work!

At the very least, give us an the ability to opt out of the offer if it's given to players who aren't going to look at it longer then the time it takes to delete the email.

And please don't repeat NCSoft's mistake of continually mailing me with offers and incentives to play this game.
After the 20th time, I had some rather harsh words for their GMs.

Wow that's weird, I've never had that problem with NCSoft (of course my only interaction with them is through Guild Wars and ArenaNet). Now (im)Perfect World is another story, I'm constantly barraged with unsolicited emails begging me to play more of their P2W games.
Captain
# 87
06-25-2012, 04:40 PM
You know I'm big on trying to see things from both sides and I try to help as many people as I can but well I've got to say it....

Some of you will complain about anything, won't you?

They offered you a free beta on another game. Take it if you want or ignore it if you don;t.

It's just there to give it a try.

Sure I would like to see as many bugs here fixed as they can. Friendly reminder that I've been locked out of the foundry for months now. I've got to admit that seeing all those contests and challenges and not being able to do any of that ticks me off.

But even I see this as them just trying to do something for the folks who have paid for the lifetime accounts.

And if you like NW better than STO, so be it. Enjoy your new game.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Career Officer
# 88
06-25-2012, 04:48 PM
I have a Champions Online LTS too...... so do i get a super awesome double invitation?
# 89
06-25-2012, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
Some of you will complain about anything, won't you?
Some people will even complain about...wait for it...other people complaining! So you are just adding one more complaint to this thread :redface:
Survivor of Romulus
# 90
06-25-2012, 04:59 PM
Ugh, These complaints are ludicrous. Where are you people getting that a perk has to be permanent? This beta access is the very definition of a perk. I bought the LTS not because I wanted access to this beta, but because I wanted to play STO, access to this beta is an added perk. If you don't want be involved in the closed beta then don't play. They did the same thing for CO LTSer's yet I don't remember them complaining. This community never ceases to amaze me, I swear you all wake up tr...combing the forums for something to complain about. I, for one, thank Cryptic for listening to those fans who wanted access.
=\/= ================================ =\/=
Centurion maximus92
12th Legion, Romulan Republic
12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=