Lt. Commander
# 131
06-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtk142 View Post
I DON'T want a MINI Romulan faction, I want a full fledged Faction allowing me to fly a D'Deridex Warbird with a level 50 Romulan.
^^This. Hopefully it happens sometime soon.
Lt. Commander
# 132
06-18-2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
We do have a dev or two now. But, yeah, the disconnect between the teams will only get worse. At least we have someone who is desperately trying to rig new stuff to work with old tech. Most likely, some of the coolest new tech will be incompatible with sto.

The section 31 foundry team will move on to a different game after NW. By that point, the tech will just be so far removed that we'll be relying on our Barclay to do whatever one person can do.

But, at least we'll have someone. There was at least a year when nobody on the STO team had anything to do with the Foundry.
You know that whenever the codebase gets updated both CO and STO upgrade to the latest version right?

CO, STO and NWN will, so long as Cryptic maintains developer control, always run off the latest version of the codebase available for both the enhanced tools and compatibility with stuff created for other games.
Lt. Commander
# 133
06-18-2012, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
We have heard the feedback and will be making changes to how players earn the rare limited time only ships. You've already seen a big change with the DS9 DOFF Promo. We will continue to tweak these offerings (as any retailer would) so that we strike the right balance with demand.
The DS9 DOFF pack is a fine approach...
and please stop calling them "lockboxes", if you change how they work rename them!
"LockPacks" for all i care, just make it clear that there are no more floating 3D Boxes in game everywhere and no more boxes in the Need or Greed process (i stopped picking up loot because of those things and i don't even look at the need or greed window anymore)

another problem is, that currently the Ferengi Boxes AND the DOff Jem Hadar Pack are BOTH active.
i would have expected the Ferengi Boxes to finally go away when the Jem Hadar Pack made it's re-appearance, but nope....

i want those 3D Boxes to GO AWAY from my screen and out of the Need or Greed Process ASAP

i played ground PvP 2 days ago... i seriously tried to hide behind a Lockbox because i thought that was just a normal Box on the ground and would break line of sight.... yepp i died... and then facepalmed when i noticed the damn thing was rotating and blinking.
Lt. Commander
# 134
06-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Despite the fact that experienced players could quickly get to max level (as they can in any game), there was a vast majority of players stuck at mid-level. We've resolved that so that more players could experience the great missions at higher levels.
little hint here:
that was around the Romulan Missions (pre FE Series inclusion).

those old Romulan Missions are for some reason extremely BORING, they feel like "filler"...
more of the same,
nothing really special or memorable to see there.

-> that is why new players get bored and stop around there
-> that is why all my alts stopped playing around there and used alternate ways to lvl up to max.

of course i don't have numbers but i think it would be interesting to see how many players start skipping missions around the old Romulan missions.

i don't think that has something to do with the speed of level progression,
Diablo 2 took forever to lvl up to 100 and that was the most fun ever.
In Diablo 3 they ruined the level progression too, in favor of the *casual player* (that we all love) who wants everything on a silver platter.
Career Officer
Quote:
Originally Posted by dStahl's Archived Post View Post
We use data to support our decisions, not to make our decisions.
I can't begin to tell you how much this worries me because it likely means that someone else makes the decisions for you, and then you're urged to mine data that would support (read: 'justify') those decisions to your playerbase!

Last edited by lordxenite; 07-06-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 136
06-25-2012, 03:31 PM
I had a thought about new ranks, if the cap limit is raised. I for one would not object to the reclassification of a couple of levels by inserting "Fleet Captain" and "Commodore" in after Captain and before the current Rear Admiral (Lower).
As I recall, Fleet Captain was the honorary rank given to senior captains in a group (or fleet) of ships and Commodore was a rank usually reserved for starbase commanders. Given how many Vice Admiral (desk jockeys) are flying ships, would it be so bad to have them renamed Commodore? You could have Junior Fleet Captain and Senior Fleet Captain replace the current RA grades.
You then free up RA Lower and Upper for above lvl50, Vice Admiral for post lvl 60 (if we get there) and Fleet Admiral if needed later.
Since we're resurrecting and using outdated ships why not outdated titles?
Captain
# 137
06-25-2012, 11:50 PM
Couldnt they just cap it at lvl 60 I'm sure Admiral is above Vice Admiral and they revise the whole levelling process to gain rank you have to certain other things. i.e Do certain Exploration missions or cetain Doff missions to help you gain rank. People are always complaining how quickly they got to 50 so this may resolve the issue and allow people to do more rather than missions and stuff to lvl up.