Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 845
# 11
06-25-2012, 09:21 PM
I'm sorry to say, but I don't get the impression they listen to feedback much at all. After this patch using invisible objects and invisible walls is going to be damn near impossible, and no one seems to care.

The Foundry devs don't seem to care much to hear the feedback from Foundry authors. We basically just have to use whatever tool they give us and try our best to be happy with that.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 547
# 12
06-26-2012, 05:01 AM
I've kept my head out of this one for a while but;

Not Responding to Every Post =/= Not Listening.

The feature isn't working as intended, rather then letting us get used to using a broken one they are pulling it for now. Would you rather it all broke on us later when it is fixed and they push it live? Or that we keep working as we are now with our workarounds and get a chance at it later when it does what we want it to rather than it borking a bunch of our missions?

Yes, this was an alarming pull, but, we are getting a full years worth of updates to the system. After which they have the ability to feed us their updates regularly.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,959
# 13
06-26-2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
I'm sorry to say, but I don't get the impression they listen to feedback much at all. After this patch using invisible objects and invisible walls is going to be damn near impossible, and no one seems to care.

The Foundry devs don't seem to care much to hear the feedback from Foundry authors. We basically just have to use whatever tool they give us and try our best to be happy with that.
Just because they haven't fixed something yet doesn't mean they won't. I'd guess Season 6 is still two maybe three weeks away and we'll see any number of patches between now and then. There are things we've been told are coming that are still not live on Tribble yet.

I hesitate to say that the dev's don't care about feedback. The no animation issue with this was first brought up in author feedback. They also fixed Havraha's costume editor bug which he was so sure was being ignored.

The simple fact is we're not "losing" a whole lot of functionality with this change. We can already do most of what dialogue with object does with a simple interact and then dialogue, and that way we can do an animation as well such as typing on the console.

The only thing, the ONLY thing, that I see we're losing with this change is a little simplicity. Something that would eliminate one objective/trigger when you didn't care about having an animation. It would have been nice to have the object appear in the portrait, but as I recall that didn't work properly. You can sort of see this here: http://starbaseugc.com/wp-content/up...2/06/name2.jpg I was testing out the dialogue title function to see what the character count was and you can see that the object, if it is there (I can't remember ) for sure does not fill all the space.

And by the way, we can still set default dialogue prompts for objects. Couldn't do that before.

However, I do think Nagorak's last statement is completely true. At the end of the day we have to deal with the editor they give us. By all means give feedback, because I think they do listen, but we have to use what's in front of us.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Cryptic Studios Team
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 369
# 14
06-26-2012, 11:30 AM
Hi all.

As for Dialog with Object, we opted to remove it because it's buggy and doesn't seem to work well for STO.

That being said, I hope to get the design smoothed out and the issues resolved so that we can add it back in later. But since I'm pretty sure that won't happen by Season 6's launch, it's far preferable for it to not be there, rather than get on Holodeck and cause problems with projects there.

Hope that makes sense!

PS: Thanks for the feedback. Please make sure that feedback for features on Tribble goes in the Tribble forums. These forums are strictly for Holodeck discussions.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,959
# 15
06-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Thanks for replying Zero. I made a Feedback thread in the Tribble forums so we can discuss the latest update.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...21#post4436721
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,282
# 16
06-26-2012, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
Hi all.

As for Dialog with Object, we opted to remove it because it's buggy and doesn't seem to work well for STO.

That being said, I hope to get the design smoothed out and the issues resolved so that we can add it back in later. But since I'm pretty sure that won't happen by Season 6's launch, it's far preferable for it to not be there, rather than get on Holodeck and cause problems with projects there.

Hope that makes sense!

PS: Thanks for the feedback. Please make sure that feedback for features on Tribble goes in the Tribble forums. These forums are strictly for Holodeck discussions.
As long as it's still on the table for the forseeable future, I'm satisfied. :smile:

Thanks for the response.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 845
# 17
06-26-2012, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by designationxr377 View Post
I've kept my head out of this one for a while but;

Not Responding to Every Post =/= Not Listening.
It's not based on them not responding, it's based off of past history with problems on Tribble being noted by people and not addressed before (or after) going live. I hope they do better going forward, but based off of the past track record, for the time being I will remain skeptical.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:29 PM.