Lt. Commander
# 1 Map Selectable Music
06-18-2012, 05:37 PM
There is some really great music in STO but I was thinking: The random selections you get in a foundry mission are often very inappropriate.

Good music selection can really bring out the best in the experience and especially bad music can ruin an otherwise excellent story. Anyone recall a film named "Lady Hawk" from the 80's?

What not, in addition to the selectable ambient sounds, allow a foundry author to select from the game's music library what background music will play on a given map outside of combat.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-18-2012, 06:42 PM
Agreed! Or maybe a filter that lets the player choose which music can't be played. That way, there's still random music selection but with limits. And of course the player can choose to eliminate all but one if he/she so chooses.
Commander
# 3
06-26-2012, 03:21 PM
I guess it comes down to 'what they can do' with the game code, even an extra line of code to make the music change depending on wether or not your in battle mode or in space/on the ground would be a fine addition to the Foundry.
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Captain
# 4
06-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
I guess it comes down to 'what they can do' with the game code, even an extra line of code to make the music change depending on wether or not your in battle mode or in space/on the ground would be a fine addition to the Foundry.
Uh...that's already the case. :tongue:
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Career Officer
# 5
06-27-2012, 06:22 AM
Music selection would be a very neat feature.

TBH, my sound is mostly turned down when I play but this would certainly give missions another interesting level of detail - and of course it enhances the author's ability to set the mood for a mission.

"Sometimes you have to do things that you hate, so you can survive to fight another day."
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
06-28-2012, 05:45 AM
Music would be nice, but it also would be nice to be able to manipulate the environmental sounds too. We can do this with some maps, I believe its the custom space maps. But there are no ground templates that are the same.

Of course this might become less of an issue if we start getting customizable interiors from the NWO stuff.