Ensign
# 1 Constant Server disconnects
06-26-2012, 08:52 PM
I have tried and tried to play this game but after 30 seconds to 5 minutes after logging in i suddenly lose connection to the game and can't log back in until i close and reopen the game.
Here's the kicker, my friend can play on my computer on his account perfectly fine without any lag or disconnect problems only difference between mine and his accounts are that his is a lifetime subscriber who has had the game since beta and i recently made an account to play with him. Kind of suspicious huh...
Ensign
# 2
06-27-2012, 03:23 PM
ditto...i was playing just fine last night right up until i got booted around 4am. now, today, nothing....i log in, go to my character list, press the play button, map loading screen appears, then i get disconnected back to the log in page......sounds like cryptic servers, and PW servers are not getting along at the moment.....it's borked fix it!
Career Officer
# 3
06-27-2012, 05:50 PM
This is how it began for me too before it spiraled out of control I cant even log in anymore, read this:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=275401
Ensign
# 4
06-27-2012, 06:46 PM
My only hope is that enough players chime in with the particulars of their disconnects that the tech team will be able to narrow it down to the affected bit of programming or server marf and fix it quickly....the only success i've had today was for about 5 minutes but there was intermittent server time outs (generally lasting between 7 and 10 seconds) and the rest of the map wouldn't load....no astrometrics, no warping, it was like they threw me in a room with no lights, very little sound, and all i got was a keychain that reads "eat at joes".......(no, i won't rage quit, but it does put a damper on my plans for buying a lifetime sub anytime soon....at least until they fix this particular problem)....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Update: well.....it's not a formal answer, but somehow i feel it has something to do with glitched patch data, and a virtual server monkey in the data streams accedentally flipped a switch in the accounts dept causing many of us to be put on the proverbial caca list...(in plain english....until they decompile/recompile the accounts server data and hopefully fix the kickout glitch, we're just plain hosed until they let us back into the playground)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

We will be performing scheduled maintenance on the Cryptic Account system tomorrow, Thursday, June 28th, at 7:00am PDT (click here to view in your timezone) and expect it to only last 2 hours. During this time, you will not be able to create or manage Cryptic accounts, create or track your in-game tickets, and players will not be able to log into the game; however, players already in the game should not be affected. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

Last edited by sebastianmalvolio; 06-27-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Lieutenant
# 5
06-28-2012, 07:46 AM
This (the difficulties listed by other posters) it what I've been experiencing. It began with being kicked off the server repeatedly and with increasing frequency. I think I noticed the most pronounced boots from the PVE areas but before I'd was taking kickings from sector space or anywhere else I happened to be.

I checked the errors via the cryptic error log app and dealt with a phantom port 80 error it documented (the program had the required permissions to make it over the wall). Just the same I added a new rule eliminated the error message in subsequent logs but the boots continued to worsen. I don't have to worry about it now because the login which was becoming dodgy simply won't allow me in. Unable to authenticate.

Hopefully todays patch will address these issues as the "solutions" (full shutdowns to login) took as long to perform as the playtime "payout". Please fix this.
Commander
# 6
06-28-2012, 07:57 AM
when i do infected grould elite a lot of people wont' jump becasue of "lag". i never hear lag mentioned anywhere else. :smile:

i have been playing for maybe 4 to 6 months now and i have never been disconnected. well i take that back, my cat Alice, can walk across the keyboard and turn my internet connection off 1 out of 10 times. i just have no control over her. it is less trouble to let her walk across than to try to keep her from doing it. good news is i can always get back to where i was. i just hope it is not while i'm protecting kang.

i have a free to play account, but have spent some cash in the c-store, so i would not call it free to play exactly.

Last edited by rdm1958; 06-28-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Career Officer
# 7
06-28-2012, 11:00 PM
I am finally able to stay connected now, after I did the following:
  1. Uninstall STO from Steam
  2. Re-install STO independently, using the original Atari DVD-ROM and letting the launcher install the current version
  3. On my STO shortcut, check the "run as Administrator" checkbox
  4. Set up Windows Firewall rules to allow both the launcher and GameClient through ports 80, 443, and 7000-7500
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-29-2012, 04:39 PM
They need to fix this.

This has been a reoccurring issue for the game since before launch.
Back then the most obvious was the rubberbanding that was almost a constant in the game.

Now this. Constant disconnects, server timeouts, game just freezing for several seconds at a time. This results in failed missions, let down team and fleet mates, damaged ship, injured crew, hair loss, sore throats and hands and thighs

Overall it has made the game unplayable. Something that has really upset me seeing as I just dropped close to a hundred bucks in that infernal C-Store and now I can't even attempt to enjoy the game.

Every time I come back I still see this issue. And every time it plays a factor in driving me away from this game.
Ensign
# 9
06-29-2012, 06:15 PM
I think that alot of this is a result of the "pay-to-play" vs. "free-to-play" scenario....payers get top priority over the freebies in terms of server bandwidth and priority placement, so all us freeplayers get booted when the lifers and monthers jump online during peak hours...if i had the money, i would pay for the lifetime sub, and maybe not have these headaches. it's not exactly productive for PWE to gack the free players like this, and a better solution would be to set up a separate server bank for the free-to play peeps, and cryptics dedicated servers for those with lifetime subs and the monthly payers to enjoy, and the option to jump over to a better server when someone fully buys the game through either lifetime subs, or monthly cards...it's not perfect, by any means, but better than leaving half of the player base out in the cold for just a handfull of bucks....come on PWE! you can do better than this!

on another note...if any PWE techies are reading this, there is something wrong with the login server...got kicked out bout 7 times now trying to log on...everything works fine up until the "loading server maps" icon appears then auto kickout....is this a priority login thing? or is your login server just plain borked?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy....Don't tell me about how "ubergodleet" you think you are. I was playing games long before you were even a twinkle in your daddy's eye....ever hear of Commodore or Ti99? Yeah....it's like that."

Last edited by sebastianmalvolio; 06-29-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Ensign
# 10
06-29-2012, 07:51 PM
just checked my disconnect log and got this:

120630 02:23:42 29 Client[0]: GSM_Quit(). Reason: emEditorMain or utilitiesLibShouldQuit()

What does this mean? any techie in the house....paging doctor techie, paging doctor techie....bueler......beuler......beuler.......
"Boy....Don't tell me about how "ubergodleet" you think you are. I was playing games long before you were even a twinkle in your daddy's eye....ever hear of Commodore or Ti99? Yeah....it's like that."