Former PWE Community Team Lead
In this week's episode of Priority One, Lead Designer Al "CaptainGeko" Rivera stops by to answer community submitted questions.

Link to the interview.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 06-26-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
06-26-2012, 07:57 PM
I had "trouble loading the plugin" but it was just an issue on my end as google just updated Chrome.

Not to delay tuning into Priority One, I had to listen using Internet Explorer. Thats right. I suffered the use of IE for Priority One. I think I should get a Christopher Pike Medal of Valor or something. But it was worth it.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*

Last edited by nynik; 06-26-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Captain
# 3
06-26-2012, 08:25 PM
Meh.

More "blah blah we dont care about klingon content" jargon, excpet for one major thing.

AL, THERE HAS BEEN NO MAJOR CONTENT BEFORE ALPHA. ALL OF THOSE "MISSIONS" YOU CLAIMED WERE FEDERATION FEATURED EPISODES RE-DRESSED FOR THE KDF. DO NOT CLAIM THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN US ALOT OF CONTENT, AS I AND OTHERS KNOW ALOT BETTER.
Career Officer
# 4
06-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323 View Post
Meh.

More "blah blah we dont care about klingon content" jargon, excpet for one major thing.

AL, THERE HAS BEEN NO MAJOR CONTENT BEFORE ALPHA. ALL OF THOSE "MISSIONS" YOU CLAIMED WERE FEDERATION FEATURED EPISODES RE-DRESSED FOR THE KDF. DO NOT CLAIM THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN US ALOT OF CONTENT, AS I AND OTHERS KNOW ALOT BETTER.
Agreed 1,000% sir
[/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
Career Officer
# 5
06-26-2012, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323 View Post
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venetar90 View Post
Agreed 1,000% sir
Except for these 8 missions:
http://www.stowiki.org/List_of_missi...Federation_War

There must be something in the water on Quo'nos. The KDF is the only faction that has received dedicated mission support since the game launched. In a game that is seriously starved for content, and the dev time required to provide that content, you can not overlook 8 missions.
Want to know more about Cryptic's hidden lottery odds and outcomes?  Read my posts below.
Lock Boxes: The true value - (thread link)
Jem'Hadar Bug Odds - (thread link)
Galor Creation Rate - (thread link)
Find me in TSW - TSW Chronicle Profile
Empire Veteran
# 6
06-26-2012, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnlang View Post
Except for these 8 missions:
http://www.stowiki.org/List_of_missi...Federation_War

There must be something in the water on Quo'nos. The KDF is the only faction that has received dedicated mission support since the game launched. In a game that is seriously starved for content, and the dev time required to provide that content, you can not overlook 8 missions.
i cant help but scroll up and count 27 missions in the klingon war arc for federation player. thats not counting exploration, defend sector, patrols, and the cardasian and romulan arc.

so good job making their point about there being next to no klingon content.
Career Officer
# 7
06-26-2012, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
i cant help but scroll up and count 27 missions in the klingon war arc for federation player. thats not counting exploration, defend sector, patrols, and the cardasian and romulan arc.

so good job making their point about there being next to no klingon content.
8 missions, better than any of the launch Federation content, constitutes "MAJOR CONTENT BEFORE ALPHA" in any book. I did not make their point, I refuted it with actual evidence to the contrary.

Don't forget that they also opened up every sector in the game to the KDF, added Explore missions, Fleet Actions, Sorties, race specific costumes, and race specific ships.

Fact is that the KDF is the only faction that has received specific new mission content since the game was launched. If KDF players continue to ignore all the gains that have been made, then what is the point of even trying to make more progress?

Anyone can be displeased about the state of the faction, but there is no reasonable argument that the KDF has received no support when they have received just as much, if not more, faction specific support since the game launched.
Want to know more about Cryptic's hidden lottery odds and outcomes?  Read my posts below.
Lock Boxes: The true value - (thread link)
Jem'Hadar Bug Odds - (thread link)
Galor Creation Rate - (thread link)
Find me in TSW - TSW Chronicle Profile
Empire Veteran
# 8
06-26-2012, 11:21 PM
those 8 missions are like from 2010. at launch the federation faction was 'done', since launch most of the content has been sharable between factions. the kdf faction has no more then those 8 story missions to truly call their own, 11 if you count the sorties and alpha. the kdf could really use a batch of 20 or so story mission, then that faction could sort of be 'done' too.

this isn't even a cause i champion or anything, but its as plane as day that this is the reality, and this is what is needed.
Empire Veteran
# 9
06-27-2012, 12:57 AM
At this point with 11 LG's and one 3 levels from 50 from doff system being almost 12 LG's this is just my point of view because I am done making new characters...

I'd rather see end game content but to the point like when I test something on tribble as a KDF person that its not horribly bugged or to the point where I just watch federation testers doing the shooting and I have to sit and watch...

This is what I see happening though with the KDF to be brutally honest the tutorial will be an optional thing asking you yes or no if you want to take a tour of the city. Then before any of that happens you will have 19-20 levels of serving on a ship where you kill everyone above you until you reach commander rank of your ship. That would be the best true to Klingon lore way to rise in rank without taxing too much dev time and pretty much settle the content issue.

It also kinda goes with the timeline since as a player you are not intermingled with the doings of B'vat and so forth. For content wise all this stuff KDF is not involved with currently at lower levels I believe as future content the KDF actually get involved after the fact it just works with what we have and it gets the job done and moves the game back on track.

Edit: Another side note to the podcasters in this regard being this thing is about 2.5 hours or more long and its not broken down into segments and being I am not really into podcasts to begin with... If I am just trying to listen to hear the interview and not all the other beating around the bush talk I'd just suggest putting segments where people can just listen to the interview if need be.

Last edited by zeuxidemus001; 06-27-2012 at 01:31 AM.
Career Officer
# 10
06-27-2012, 01:51 AM
Since launch there have been several new episodes added:
  • 3 Federation exclusive (Collateral Damage, Asset Recovery, State of Q)
  • 9 KDF exclusive (Bringing Down the House, The House Always Wins, Second Star to the Right Straight on 'til Morning, Keep Your Enemies Closer, Blood of the Empire, Destiny, Afterlife, The Gates of Gre'thor, Alpha)
  • 24 Faction neutral (Assimilation, The Return, Fluid Dynamics, A Light in the Dark, and 5 from each feature series: Cold War, Spectres, Cloaked Intentions, The 2800)

When the game launched there were 42 Federation episodes and 0 KDF episodes for 45 and 41 levels of gameplay, respectively (or 0.93 episodes/level for Fed, 0 episodes/level for KDF).

Today there are 69 Federation playable episodes and 33 KDF playable episodes for 51 and 31 levels of gameplay, respectively (or 1.35 episodes/level for Fed, 1.06 episodes/level for KDF).

I'd still like to see a lot more KDF-exclusive content added, but what I think is really hurting its numbers is not lack of content but the barrier to entry: players have to be half-way finished to leveling up a Federation character before they can start their first KDF.

Also see: STO Timeline and Fed-KDF disparity (table).
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)

Last edited by phyrexianhero; 06-27-2012 at 01:53 AM.