Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Duty Officer Bombs
06-25-2012, 06:12 PM
I think this may be an intentional exploit of Duty Officer trading. It works because of the linked Klingon/Starfleet exchanges (which in itself, is stupid btw.) for whatever reason, whoever created the Duty Officer exchange listings conveniently left out any verbal cue that a given officer is aligned with the KDF or Starfleet. The only possible way you would know which faction they belong to is a minute (read: less than a hair's width) border around their portrait. I don't know about everyone else, but I can hardly see it. First of all, this needs to be fixed. Either unlink the Duty Officer exchanges, or place the words "Starfleet" or "Klingon Defense Force" somewhere in their item box so we all know who they work for!

The major problem that I have is that somehow, and I don't know how they did it, the KDF players have placed Duty Officers on the exchange that are Bind on Pickup. Meaning now I have a bunch of Gorn and Klingon officers on my starship that refuse to do assignments or follow my orders, and are bound to me so I can't put them back on the exchange! How is this even possible? If I bought the guy, I should be able to sell him back!

Also, explain to me from a lore point of view, how a Klingon Starship Captain can have sold me one of his officers at the Earth Starbase, when we are both at war with each other? What am I supposed to do with all these Gorn walking around on my ship?
Lieutenant
# 2
06-27-2012, 01:34 AM
Agree with the Need a better system to identify them. Maybe even a USABLE BY ME button!!!!!!!!
Captain
# 3
06-27-2012, 01:54 AM
Both Boffs and Doffs need to be segregated by faction.
# 4
06-27-2012, 02:36 AM
check the background image. if its circular, its a fed, if its pointy, its a klingon.