Romulans are still acting crazy

Klingons about to eat the Gorns for breakfast

Sela....interesting.

new Uniforms!

I LOVE IT! Go Cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Any way to get these posts illustrated, whenever it makes sense? I came to the little paragraph about the new uniforms especially and was like... OK that's great! .... but what do they look like?

Otherwise, looks really interesting! Glad to see Data back, and in the captain's seat of the Enterprise-E. Can't see him as an admiral though, especially assuming he makes it to the native time of STO. I hope to see him commanding a fleet from the bridge of a ship in the game. =)

*Edit* Also, if any powers that be are reading this... are these uniforms they just upgraded to in 2386 the same uniforms as Starfleet is wearing in game... or will there be another Starfleet uniform upgrade before 2409? They do like to switch up the uniforms every decade or two...
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-02-2009, 05:40 PM
I imagine these are the uniforms seen in all the current screenshots, it makes sense to only have one uniform change if this entire catch-up story goes unillustrated.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-02-2009, 05:48 PM
I really wonder if Cryptic takes more of the Countdown Comics and the new film... and I'm really anxious about hearing more of it
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-02-2009, 05:52 PM
Quote:
allow Sela and her supporters to accept permanent exile instead of death.

Taris maintains a low profile during the troubles, putting many of her responsibilities in the hands of General Tebok. Late in 2386, she informs Donatra that she is going to take her ship to Levaeri V to investigate claims that a blade believed to be the Sword of the Raptor Star has been recovered. The ancient sword, reputed to be one of the swords created by Vulcan swordsmith Síharien and taken into exile by Sítask, is a revered artifact of the Sundering.
Hmm, permanent exile to where I wonder, and just as one of the S'harien swords from the Sundering is discovered. Could there be another bid for an Emperess in the making, such a tangled web the Rihannsu do weave. Their progress will be watched with keen interest.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Rom charges each protester ten slips of latnium for mass assembly without a proper permit. To get a permit to protest, Rom charges a bar of latnium. Proceeds are used to fund the educational system.
BWAAAA-HAA-HAA-HAA-HAA-HAA!!!!!!
Brilliant!
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-02-2009, 05:54 PM
In my opinion that was the best path to 2409 yet, it has a great deal of information. Thank you Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-02-2009, 05:55 PM
This was a good one keep up the good work. Captain Data for the win!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnleashMayhem View Post
First thing I have to say is....Captain Data! Finally he is resurrected. i mean it was obviously leading up to it but I expected it to take a little longer. I really hope us fans can consider the story of this game close to canon after release, because the parallels between Data and Spock just make so much sense.
And saying Remus could be the next Praxis is similar in drawing parallels with the past, all this stuff with the Romulans is vastly more complex but nonetheless like the Klingons in STVI
Obviously you didn't read the 2385 update. He was resurrected there, and it was well known he was going to be resurrected by anyone who has read the prequel comics for the new Star Trek movie. :p

That being said, great update, now I am going to have to sit back and reflect on how the Crusader's timeline will be updated.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-02-2009, 06:18 PM
So this is why things have been so quiet lately. Its as if someone was talking consistently, then thay breathed in for a short while, then shouted at the top of there lungs. (this metaphor implys that cryptics updates to the site are someone talking if you dont get that.)

Allso. Great post. Every time one of these comes up I feel like a another step is taken twards the release date (or atleast the beta.) After all. About 2-4 of these come out a month and there is a fineite number of years between nemisis and the game. And that number is decreseing rather rapidly.