Lt. Commander
# 51
04-02-2009, 09:52 PM
very interresting. Romulans as usual killing themselves ... thats no big news there lol elections are so time intense ...

Best part was bout the Ferengi this time. Since when is Rom Grand Nagus must have totaly missed this in DS9. I remember Roms son Nog beeing a captain in DS9 "the Visitor". Probably first Ferengi star fleet captain, but with alternate time line thing. Rom will do just fine.

Data is back. I wont ask questions on that one. hated it when he died. I thought "What regiseur let him die? I dont like him" just to show his mortality ...

Gorns are a good 2 meters tall and strong too. An honorfull battle. Martok wont listen to Worf no way!

edit:

Breens are mising?
Lt. Commander
# 52
04-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Good stuff, thanks....

For those concerned about the return of Data and his ascendancy to Capt. the Enterprise... you can't blame Cryptic for that. From my understanding of the Countdown comics (I've not gotten my hands on them) this is a "canon" thing.
Lt. Commander
# 53
04-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
Good stuff, thanks....

For those concerned about the return of Data and his ascendancy to Capt. the Enterprise... you can't blame Cryptic for that. From my understanding of the Countdown comics (I've not gotten my hands on them) this is a "canon" thing.

It's my understanding that the comics are only 'canon' relative to the movie. So it would appear that STO is set in the alternate universe of the new film. Sadly.
Lt. Commander
# 54
04-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagash303 View Post
very interresting. Romulans as usual killing themselves ... thats no big news there lol elections are so time intense ...

Best part was bout the Ferengi this time. Since when is Rom Grand Nagus must have totaly missed this in DS9. I remember Roms son Nog beeing a captain in DS9 "the Visitor". Probably first Ferengi star fleet captain, but with alternate time line thing. Rom will do just fine.

Data is back. I wont ask questions on that one. hated it when he died. I thought "What regiseur let him die? I dont like him" just to show his mortality ...

Gorns are a good 2 meters tall and strong too. An honorfull battle. Martok wont listen to Worf no way!

edit:

Breens are mising?
Yea, you did totally miss it. Rom was made Grand Nagus towards the end of DS9.

And Data was killed off because Brent Spiner made that decision so I guess you hate Data.

Furthermore, Data was resurrected in 2385, and it's following the canon already established for te new movie.
Lt. Commander
# 55
04-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokan View Post
It's my understanding that the comics are only 'canon' relative to the movie. So it would appear that STO is set in the alternate universe of the new film. Sadly.
That is not how I understand it. You see the Movie involves time travel, but the alternate timeline would only occur when Nero travels back. Anything happening in the time of Picard and them is still the original timeline and "canon".
Lt. Commander
# 56
04-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokan View Post
You would be wrong. Flat out. Since the comics take place in 2387, also since you've never seen the movie, I find it hard for you to make any sound judgment about said movie before having actually seen it. STO is following the canon timeline but STO would never, ever be canon to begin with.
Lt. Commander
# 57
04-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Great read........would really like to see what the "upgraded" Enterprise-E would look like. See if it looks like the NX-91001 or not.
Lt. Commander
# 58
04-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EremiticWolf View Post
Great read........would really like to see what the "upgraded" Enterprise-E would look like. See if it looks like the NX-91001 or not.
Go look at the Star Trek: Countdown prequel comic for the upcoming new movie. That should tell you.

Found a pic here. Enterprise looks the same, though Data appears to be wearing the STO uniform which would be sound
Lt. Commander
# 59
04-02-2009, 10:56 PM
Lovin it.. LOVIN IT!! Keep pushing folks..
Lt. Commander
# 60
04-02-2009, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverspar View Post
Go look at the Star Trek: Countdown prequel comic for the upcoming new movie. That should tell you.

Found a pic here. Enterprise looks the same, though Data appears to be wearing the STO uniform which would be sound
Thank you sir, much appreciated!

Seen the ship and a place I can buy the electronic version of the comics.