Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 11
06-27-2012, 07:34 AM
oooohhhh I totally missed that you were using 180 degree cannons! I guess my brain saw 'cannons' and said 'hurr he must mean DHC who uses anything else.' That's flat out brilliant! A 180 degree firing arc would make the ship way easier to manage.

Now, call me old fashioned but I like beam weapons, even though standard beam arrays are not optimal for DPS(in my humble opinion). cannons are sustained, but dual beam banks are burst, from what I've seen.

What do you think about a build that uses the double beam banks (so 90 arc), but utilizing the doffs that reduce the cooldown of Evasive Action to 48 seconds, effectively using it as a offensive ability to stay on target (one that happens to provide a decent defensive boost as well). My fleet admiral uses an oddy with this setup (DBB + evasive action doffs), and is both a fantastic tank and does surprisingly good PVE DPS.

Is this more effort than it's worth, and I should just settle with running cannons for maximum flexibility?

Would standard beam arrays on the front and turrets on the rear lose even more DPS than the cannon setup?