Empire Veteran
# 41
06-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Brandon, you have a hard job, and I thank you for addressing this issue. I knew an apology wouldn't come, one way or the other, and I don't mind either.

This community is still seething, but we still care about the game and it's forums. So don't let anything we say get to you much.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Starfleet Veteran
# 42
06-27-2012, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Really, WE are the ones who should be settling down...

"Slap in the face" and all that? Seriously? You're the ones acting like spoiled brats, just because you want an apology, or demand they answer your questions... no one gets everything they want.

I hated the new forum change, and I still do. But you don't see me blaming the devs just because it isn't what I wanted... instead, I see forums people acting most shamefully.

And it's just SAD.
Before judging the community i think you need to listen to what they have to say on the priority one podcast

http://priorityonepodcast.com/wordpress/archives/83

Then you might understand or appreciate why the community is still pissed off !!! (with every single right to be pissedoff)

Free speach is great ! you have every right to sit there and defend the perfect transition too the forums and thats great i respect that !

But

why are you posting brandon ? with all respect to yourself I dont feel this should be coming from you I do feel Stahl should have addressed the community. Again I feel lately he is hiding from the community.
Empire Veteran
# 43
06-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointedears View Post
Before judging the community i think you need to listen to what they have to say on the priority one podcast

http://priorityonepodcast.com/wordpress/archives/83

Then you might understand or appreciate why the community is still pissed off !!! (with every single right to be pissedoff)

Free speach is great ! you have every right to sit there and defend the perfect transition too the forums and thats great i respect that !

But

why are you posting brandon ? with all respect to yourself I dont feel this should be coming from you I do feel Stahl should have addressed the community. Again I feel lately he is hiding from the community.
Well I wouldn't say I'm 'defending' this forum transtition... I hate it after all. I feel I'm simply not allowing myself to sink to low lengths, some of which others are doing, though I won't name anyone.

I understand people have issues. Legit ones... but the way some phrase it is what I have issues with; making them come off as spoiled, bratty, t***, you name it.

I guess I just expect people to have a little restriant. Not on actually voicing their issues, no, but with how exactly they say them, I guess.
Republic Veteran
# 44
06-27-2012, 08:36 AM
you know pointedears. I'm part of this community. and I was upset. But you know what I did? I stopped, I turned on my mind, and I thought about it not from a "OMG I"M A PLAYER AND ANGRY" standpoint, but as a person who is studying in the IT field and has taken business courses. And came to understand the reasons why they did things and why they did them the way they did. Doesn't make it better. But it really doesn't help to be all up in arms about it. It's done. move on. Staying focused on it only makes you bitter and doesn't help things get any better.

We have nothing. Nothing but our anger. We will take that spark and start a fire which will become a great conflagration!
Empire Veteran
# 45
06-27-2012, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alastorforthrigh View Post
you know pointedears. I'm part of this community. and I was upset. But you know what I did? I stopped, I turned on my mind, and I thought about it not from a "OMG I"M A PLAYER AND ANGRY" standpoint, but as a person who is studying in the IT field and has taken business courses. And came to understand the reasons why they did things and why they did them the way they did. Doesn't make it better. But it really doesn't help to be all up in arms about it. It's done. move on. Staying focused on it only makes you bitter and doesn't help things get any better.
thank you :smile:

this is what I've grasped long before I came onto these forums in Open Beta, and it's what I feel many others just don't get: yes, when you're this angry, you want to express it... but sometimes doing so just doesn't help. Especially when you come off as bratty or worse.

Most of the time, it just makes things worse, and makes things even harder.
Career Officer
# 46
06-27-2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnlang View Post
I can't help but think that it feels more like this than warping:

Enterprise Limps Into ESD
I was thinking it went more like this...

Total Fail...

<shrug>
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 06-27-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 47
06-27-2012, 08:52 AM
Oh yeah but dont get me wrong, people who follow star trek are passionate about the IP itself so your dealing with a playerbase which by its very nature are pasisonate people. Lets face it we wouldnt be here if we wernt all trekkies at heart ?

So I can understand people being pissed. Especially with the string of fisaco that PWE/Cryptic have had, to then top it off with a botched forum move people are going to be upset. As fans of trek we care about how companies treat the IP as a whole.

To neglect or show the people who support you with contempt, its not how you do business. Ive studied IT and Business at university and even I know that.

Lets be honest with ourselves here. This was a bothced misguided decision and was poorly executed. But why are we shocked when we see botched implementations from cryptic ? what did cryptic do / how did cryptics old web department and the new web department (which according to gecko is now handled by pwe) talk to each other to ensure a smooth transition ? why was it decided to use this backwards v bulletin compared to cryptics previous forum software ?

These are legit business and IT quesitons that dont appear to have been addressed/considered or answered

Last edited by pointedears; 06-27-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Captain
# 48
06-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Just sayin', but this is how a game company is supposed to apologize to its customers and fan base.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Career Officer
# 49
06-27-2012, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate525 View Post
You know what would have been really great about that post? An apology.

"We're sorry we didn't give you advance notice about the change" would have been enough. As it stands, this comes off as a little petulant, 'we've learned our lesson and are changing it, but we're not going to say anything to the people we burned.'

I don't want an apology, and I'll give you 3 good reasons not to want one:

1. Any apology would come from Branflakes, and we all know he's not responsible for this crap, he's responsible for cleaning it up.

2. Everybody in this world lately scream for apologies for any and all perceived infractions. We're becoming whiners demanding feel-good, do-nothing solutions to every problem.

3. Apologies are meaningless. Let me treat you badly... Oh "I'm Sorry.", now I'll do it again... "I'm Sorry.", one more time just to be extra cruel... "sorry.". It is said "it's easier to do and ask for forgiveness, than to wait and ask for permission.". Prove you've learned a lesson with actions (warning CO), not empty words.
Career Officer
# 50
06-27-2012, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnlbrtnfrnt View Post
well.... this has been in preparation for at least a month if not longer.

Someone, somewhere made a decision that we would NOT be told. It wasnt an Opps, it wasnt an oversight, it was a premeditated plan of action. Thats what bugs me. I can deal with forum change, losing images I only had saved to my crptic account, losing the name Ive had for YEARS and even having my credit card info floating around god knows where. What I cant deal with is INTENTIONALLY being jerked around purposefully.

Its no wonder Devs are dropping right and left. I cant stand being a PWE customer. Cant imagine what it must be like to work for them and be associated with their low rent corp culture.

I couldn't agree more!