Lt. Commander
# 21
06-22-2012, 04:26 PM
We haven't been challenged to do a love story yet.
HTTP://RABIDPANDARANCH.COM/images/grazcity.png

CHANGE THE FORUMS BACK !!!
Commander
# 22
06-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by designationxr377 View Post
I'll be honest when I say I don't like the big targets. Things don't need to be epic scale or change the universe to be amazing. How often did any star trek series episode end with them changing the fate of the Galaxy or Universe? Did we mind?

That said, I think it's a good topic; just cut the end off past "danger," and make it "not to mention other unforeseen ramifications..." or some such.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woghd View Post
We haven't been challenged to do a love story yet.

Fair one, how about this;

While investigating a 1,000-year-old derelict ship, you discover something in this ancient treasure so truly unbelievable, that it would inspire any starship officer and cause you to never look at the stars in the same way again.

Nice and obscure, just how we want it.
It could be you encounter an Ancient love story or the heroic actions of a long dead Captain of a long lost NX class ship, to quote Cable Guy; "There's no end to the possibilities".
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Last edited by rickysmith1; 06-22-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Captain
# 23
06-22-2012, 09:57 PM
Yeah, I think that one's much better than the first one. And... if an author doooooooees... feel compelled to do a super galaxy shaking story... they still can.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-23-2012, 01:38 PM
I would change "unbelievable" to "wonderous"

But yes, it reads very well.

Allow me to tweak it a bit:
While investigating a 1,000-year-old derelict ship, you discover something in this ancient treasure so truly wonderous, that it would inspire any starship officer to never look at the stars in the same way again.
HTTP://RABIDPANDARANCH.COM/images/grazcity.png

CHANGE THE FORUMS BACK !!!

Last edited by woghd; 06-23-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Commander
# 25
06-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woghd View Post
I would change "unbelievable" to "wonderous"

But yes, it reads very well.

Allow me to tweak it a bit:
While investigating a 1,000-year-old derelict ship, you discover something in this ancient treasure so truly wonderous, that it would inspire any starship officer to never look at the stars in the same way again.
haha that was what I put originally but I wanted it abit more open for the Klingon fans lol
I guess great minds think alike :wink:
It was the episode 'Booby Trap' in TNG that gave me the idea, I love the thought of exploring and where better than a mysterious ancient ship or a partly buried temple on a jungle planet, only to have a 'situation' develop and lead you on an adventure or 'trek across the stars' :smile:
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Last edited by rickysmith1; 06-23-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Commander
# 26
06-23-2012, 09:23 PM
What ever the next one coming up will be I'm sure it will be amazing, I'm so excited that I've already written three possible Foundry stories and made adverts/posters to go with them! lol
:biggrin:
Nerd Power Ho!

Captain
# 27
06-24-2012, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
What ever the next one coming up will be I'm sure it will be amazing, I'm so excited that I've already written three possible Foundry stories and made adverts/posters to go with them! lol
:biggrin:
Nerd Power Ho!
You don't even know what the theme is yet! :tongue:
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Commander
# 28
06-24-2012, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
You don't even know what the theme is yet! :tongue:
That's why I did three completly differant ones which I can change to suit the story lol Plus it will save me time as I will only have a week to make it before I have to leave for the Olympics, I'll have to teach my mum how to publish it for me, no way I'm trusting my room mate after what she did! lol

As it's a couple of days till it all begins again, I knocked this up; Challenge 4 Poster.
I think I'm getting a little restless here! lol

Last edited by rickysmith1; 06-25-2012 at 05:56 AM.
Commander
# 29
06-27-2012, 03:09 PM
Anyone heard anything yet? Been on all day waiting for it to be announced lol

Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 30
06-27-2012, 04:19 PM
Hi Captains,

I am about to post Foundry Challenge #4, but I wanted to let you all know a few things first :smile:

First, I've definitely taken the feedback surrounding waiting until Season 6's launch into consideration, but have decided that we will march forward with challenge #4 starting today This challenge will run for 6 weeks, so there is time to check out the new tools on Tribble and when they launch with Season 6 (since it's launch ETA per the State of the Game is July).

Second, I have selected a backstory based on ideas submitted in this thread. Check out the challenge thread as soon as it is up and stickied in the "Foundry Mission Database" forums in just a bit.

Lastly, I want to thank the entire Foundry community. Y'all are really awesome, and it's an honor and a privilege to run these challenges and to 'work' closely with you all.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment