Login

Cryptic Studios Team
# 11
06-27-2012, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Do they benefit from set passives?

I swear I saw the Jemmie shroud work...
Yes, passives work. My statement was "they are incapable of activating any powers they are granted by that equipment." I suppose that could be seen as a bit unclear. I was referring only to abilities that require manual activation.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
# 12
06-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Yes, passives work. My statement was "they are incapable of activating any powers they are granted by that equipment." I suppose that could be seen as a bit unclear. I was referring only to abilities that require manual activation.
Hmmm which would be more difficult and more likely a solution...

Program BOFFs so they could use abilities or add in specific passives to sets only active when equipped on BOFFs?
Career Officer
# 13
06-27-2012, 10:22 AM
Do BOffs use their trait abilities at least? I can't order my borg to stun or my Vulcan to nerve pinch, and since I can't set the cooldown I won't even notice if they did...
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
06-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Quote:
why cant you just make a seperate tray that us players can atleast active these powers?
Career Officer
# 15
06-27-2012, 03:53 PM
20 minutes on any ground combat mission and you will also discover that BOffs also fire much slower and less often than a human player.

On Autofire, even.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
06-27-2012, 04:43 PM
The other problem is they are addicted to hypos. if you give them a stack and they will have them all used up by the end of the mission. they could have full health and out of combat and there they are getting their fix.
Rihannsu
# 17
06-27-2012, 08:39 PM
One of my BOFFs has an Omega Force set and cloaks all the time, so some of the set stuff works.

As for the Photonic MACO, the support drone kicks butt (although it draws a lot of aggro), and the BOFF itself looks damn cool. Well worth it I must say!
Career Officer
# 18
06-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
The other problem is they are addicted to hypos. if you give them a stack and they will have them all used up by the end of the mission. they could have full health and out of combat and there they are getting their fix.
Mine never seem to do that.
Rihannsu
# 19
06-28-2012, 02:17 PM
Quote:
It sounds as though one of the core beefs here is a technical issue that we've been attempting to find a solution for: Boffs can't use set abilities. If you give them a 2- or 3-piece ground set, they are incapable of activating any powers they are granted by that equipment. Not just "too dumb" but actually, technically, incapable...
Is this the same reason why BOs won't use pets? Specifically, I'm thinking of the Combat Horta Pets. I bought those from the C-Store to give to my BOs and I've NEVER seen a BO summon a horta.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Captain
# 20
06-28-2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
Is this the same reason why BOs won't use pets? Specifically, I'm thinking of the Combat Horta Pets. I bought those from the C-Store to give to my BOs and I've NEVER seen a BO summon a horta.
Even if they did, they probably would trigger them at the worst possible time. And with the cool-down the Hortas have (unless you're using the tactical ground cool-down cutting power - forget its name off the top of my head), they aren't going to be usable all that often in any case.