Career Officer
# 601
06-27-2012, 07:14 PM
Been grinding IGE hard for almost 3 weeks looking for proto tech, which by the way hasn't dropped on any mission for me in almost 2 months.

IGE has to be the least popular STF and most of the time I have to resort to the PUG queue in order to run it. People unfamiliar with the triggers or tactics can be deadly to the team.

I've had allot of failed runs, but for the most part I wouldn't blame them on the uninitiated. My biggest gripe is with the "elitists" in the final room.

There are lots of ways to mess up here, most of the time it boils down to people being slow and falling into the plasma pool. This really doesn't bother me, I am willing the run the end room as many times as it takes to finish the mission. However, the "elite" player will spend 15-30 mins to get to the final room, but after a few bad runs, in less than 5 mins, they will call the team newbs and quit. Usually this prompts another team member to quit and the mission ending up a wash.

Almost every failed run I have had in IGE is the similar to the situation I just laid out.

Anyways, since I ranted about the mission, I will keep the story that prompted this short.

IGE, at the start I have 2 people using only melee weapons and another player only using a pistol. This brings on allot of agro with little firepower to fend it off.

The path to the final room is a struggle, but we still end up making decent time.

The final room

I have one player that starts to yell at everyone to use melee weapons. Ignore.

Clear center platform

I get to the first platform on the right and push/blast the borg into the plasma pool.

Only two of us appear to be confident in our jumps. I end up waiting with another player as a third attempts to jump over.

Now it gets weird, we drop the shield and one player starts yelling, "DONT UPLOAD VIRUS".

"I have never heard this strategy", I think to myself. One player tries to upload, but the shields come back up. The two others than move off the platform and head over to the next node.

I am totally baffled. I am forced to follow them because they are unwilling to come back.

We work the second node, drop shields. This time I sucessfully upload the virus and again someone is yelling, "WHY ARE YOU UPLOADING THE VIRUS". I am clueless.

Move to the third and it is a repeat of the first. Drop the shields, one player tries to upload the virus, but the shields come back up. Again, "DONT UPLOAD THE VIRUS YET". The two other players move to the final platform. I am still clueless to what this player is doing.

Get to the final platform and the player yelling about the virus, informs us that we are all newbs who don't know what we are doing. They then promptly quit, quickly followed by another.

This really upset me. I knew I had a motley group of people in this mission, but once we got to the final room I sure thought we could finish the job. To have players quit after a few minutes into the final room was really annoying.

Well I wasn't going to to try and run with the other two players, I bailed. Still have no clue what the one player was on about. In the end it was the same old story for me. One impatient and uninformed player ruined it for the group.

Last edited by walkincrow; 06-27-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 602
06-27-2012, 07:45 PM
The question 'not sure if troll or just stupid' would seem to apply to the player in question.
Having trouble with ground STFs? Looking for help?

Join the STFHelp channel
Career Officer
# 603
06-27-2012, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrake45 View Post
The question 'not sure if troll or just stupid' would seem to apply to the player in question.
http://imagebox.cz.osobnosti.cz/tape...9-1024x768.jpg

It was pretty quiet until we got to the final room. I can't imagine a troll would go through the whole mission to aggravate everyone at the end..... or would he.

I was thinking, maybe this person had a poor grasp on the English language, but the player was able to throw out some good insults at the end. I would assume the "just stupid" option is probably the most logical.

All I can say is that you see the weirdest things in PUG.

Last edited by walkincrow; 06-27-2012 at 11:37 PM.
Career Officer
# 604
06-27-2012, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notapwefan View Post
yesterday, there was some guy named Chris telling others that how much we suck (mind you, his craft was full of injuries) because we lost CSE optional. I lost my patience, posted this link in the chat:

http://cheezfailbooking.files.wordpr...iss-father.jpg

Then I asked: Chris, is that you?
Major pwnage! :biggrin:
Career Officer
# 605
06-27-2012, 11:16 PM
Edited - no longer relevant

Last edited by reyan01; 06-28-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Career Officer
# 606
06-28-2012, 12:07 AM
Edited - no longer relevant

Last edited by reyan01; 06-28-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 607
06-28-2012, 12:37 AM
I think the KASE that was failed pretty quickly because one guy popped one cube after another then used repulsors to actually push the probes INTO the vortex then called the rest of us noobs for not having the DPS to kill the probes before he could push them in.

it only runs 2nd to the guy in ISE who when we went left for gens he went right and popped a gen overthere got killed and sat cloaked at the entrance need rolling on every drop.

and finally #3 on the list was the IGE guy who kept running into the next room fouling up the optional and would only equip a lirpa as a weapon but did no good because he wouldnt even hit anything with it just kept pulling more drones and dying.

of course the classic CSE pugs where you look around and you are the only one not guarding the kang and they still let it die because some tac in a cruiser thinks sitting on top of the kang and popping off fire at will is a viable strategy for defending the kang.

this game really needs a way to kick a troll or griefer from your group.
Lt. Commander
# 608
06-28-2012, 12:40 AM
Oh, your lirpa dude has reminded me of what was certainly my most bizarre Cure Ground run. We had an Engineer along who didn't have any weapons at all. All he had was a Enemy Neut kit and a lot of aggressive crouching.

Reyen, if you're still in game when your CD is up, send me a pm, I'll hook you up with a CSE run.
Having trouble with ground STFs? Looking for help?

Join the STFHelp channel
Career Officer
# 609
06-28-2012, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrake45 View Post
Oh, your lirpa dude has reminded me of what was certainly my most bizarre Cure Ground run. We had an Engineer along who didn't have any weapons at all. All he had was a Enemy Neut kit and a lot of aggressive crouching.

Reyen, if you're still in game when your CD is up, send me a pm, I'll hook you up with a CSE run.
Much appreciated - don't get on too often, usually an hour before work in the morning, 1/2 hour at lunchtime and can't ever really tell if I'll manage to get online in the evening.

Managed to actually pass one just before left for work this morning actually - thankfully, the PuG I was with had two VERY effective KGF players, one of whom protected the Kang and did an absolutely superb job of it too!

But will give you a shout when am next on - appreciate the offer!
Commander
# 610
06-28-2012, 07:31 AM
infeceted ground elite....again. 2 missions, both fail. why do i bother? because it is the only place to get omega 12 shields.

gets tough people quit

plasma diving

bad weapons

sigh.....