Career Officer
# 1 Galaxy-X Saucer Sep
06-28-2012, 03:17 AM
I haven't heard anything about the Galaxy-X getting saucer separation in awhile. Anyone know if it is still in the works?
Career Officer
# 2
06-28-2012, 03:50 AM
Haven't heard a peep from Cryptic on this for quite a while now. I'm also curious what happened.
Captain
# 3
06-28-2012, 03:53 AM
Some random dev, who didn seem too important was on STOked and told them that it had been shelfed for a undetermined amount of time because there were tech issues.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Captain
# 4
06-28-2012, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Some random dev, who didn seem too important was on STOked and told them that it had been shelfed for a undetermined amount of time because there were tech issues.
I hope they come back to it. This feature would make me seriously consider picking up the Dreadnaught.
Commander
# 5
06-28-2012, 06:17 AM
Why?

Saucer Separation would do nothing to increase the abilities of the dreadnought. Increasing it's turn radius really wouldn't fix anything either. It's a large slow turning megadeath machine. But there are very viable ways to get around the lunar orbit speed of it's turn radius and wreck your opponents.

It's not canon, the original dreadnought didn't do it and most likely couldn't because of the spinal lance. The spinal lance was added in such a way they'd have to cut an entirely new section of the saucer out for it to separate correctly.

Saucer separation pets are retarded and die easily. The scripting they use while at least it works, can't be controlled and the saucer separated pet tends to die very quickly due to severely decreased stats.

So again, I ask why even bother having or wanting saucer sep for the dreadnought?

[Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
Captain
# 6
06-28-2012, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiouvegeta2 View Post
Why?

Saucer Separation would do nothing to increase the abilities of the dreadnought. Increasing it's turn radius really wouldn't fix anything either.
Your conclusion is wrong. It would fix the uselessness of dual heavy cannons on the dreadnought.
Career Officer
# 7
06-28-2012, 06:37 AM
Look the real problem with the Galaxy-X getting saucer seperation is what do you do to the Galaxy-R to counter it, or are you just dropping it. Until Cryptic/PWE comes up with a good answer, I think it'll be a while till we see it.

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino
Banned
# 8
06-28-2012, 06:53 AM
Even if it were possible, I can't say I'd do it.

The Galaxy-X's greatest strength is its ability to instantaneously remove any target from play in PvP. Saucer Sep would dramatically weaken the Lance by what they were talking about, making it an AoE weapon instead of a concentrated burst.

Even if this became possible, I'd never use it.

No point for an AoE shotgun (it's no longer a lance). Damage would need to be equal or superior to 2x FAW3's all concentrated into 1 blast to even be viable (which we all know Cryptic won't do).

It becomes completely meaningless, and you remove the Galaxy-X's primary and greatest strength at the cost of a console slot.

If you're actually giving serious consideration to this, then at the risk of being rude in pointing out the obvious truth, you have failed to use the Galaxy-X properly to date.
Captain
# 9
06-28-2012, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaishinlegion View Post
Even if it were possible, I can't say I'd do it.

The Galaxy-X's greatest strength is its ability to instantaneously remove any target from play in PvP. Saucer Sep would dramatically weaken the Lance by what they were talking about, making it an AoE weapon instead of a concentrated burst.

Even if this became possible, I'd never use it.

No point for an AoE shotgun (it's no longer a lance). Damage would need to be equal or superior to 2x FAW3's all concentrated into 1 blast to even be viable (which we all know Cryptic won't do).

It becomes completely meaningless, and you remove the Galaxy-X's primary and greatest strength at the cost of a console slot.

If you're actually giving serious consideration to this, then at the risk of being rude in pointing out the obvious truth, you have failed to use the Galaxy-X properly to date.
I agree. If they are going to separate the sauser on the Galaxy-X, they better make the sauser use cannons as well as the phaser beams, and I would be very angry if separation cost me another console slot.
Career Officer
# 10
06-28-2012, 08:30 PM
I was wondering mostly because I remember hearing that when the Galaxy-X got saucer sep the Galaxy variants might end up in a bundle.
Closed Thread