Lt. Commander
# 101
04-04-2009, 09:07 AM
The wonderful thing about transporter technology, is that it's useful for extracting someone just before a destructive blast, don't you think?

It's interesting the number of power plays that are being made on Romulus, from the Remens being relocated (rather than allowing them to settle on Romulus) to Sela being exiled.

I'm glad Data is back, though is there no sympathy for B4? Sure, it was a prototype, but at least they could have downloaded his matrix into a new body (heck, Data could have become his surrogate father).

I like Rom's style
Lt. Commander
# 102
04-04-2009, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooguy View Post
Agreed. I also really liked the info on the Gorn, though I hope the war ends with the Gorn not just being a conquered people, but being slightly more willing members of the Empire, like maybe their worlds become client members.
Hm, that we will have to see, as none of the names/info given on the part of the Gorn were found anywhere ...

Quote:
The Gorn Hegemony is mourning the death of King Xrathis. His son, Crown Prince Slathis, ascends to the throne. One of his first acts is to re-enforce their border with the Klingons. Several skirmishes are reported between the two powers.

The Klingons respond to the buildup by the Gorn by sending more ships of their own to the border. The standoff escalates into open conflict on Stardate 63504.74, when a Klingon fleet bombards the Gorn colony on Gila VI. Klingon troops land on the planet two days later, and after a ****** battle with Gorn defenders they succeed in taking the planet.
This makes me wonder ... did the King die of natural causes? Was the Crown Prince/someone involved? Were the Klingons? ... and where the heck is Gila VI?
Lt. Commander
# 103
04-04-2009, 09:59 AM
Fascinating! Very interesting!
Lt. Commander
# 104 News from the front.
04-04-2009, 10:59 AM
Quote:
The Klingons respond to the buildup by the Gorn by sending more ships of their own to the border. The standoff escalates into open conflict on Stardate 63504.74, when a Klingon fleet bombards the Gorn colony on Gila VI. Klingon troops land on the planet two days later, and after a ****** battle with Gorn defenders they succeed in taking the planet.
Sounds like an excellent Conquest! The Empire should make plans to continue down the list: Orions, Nausicaans...the federation heh, then the Galaxy!

I am a bit disappointed in Worf asking for peace. Either his time in the federation or him tying the knot has made him a little soft, but then again several Klingons have always made that comment to him. He'll have a big decision when the lines are drawn...

This B-4 thing will come back to bite the Federation. Using a former tool of espionage and giving him Command of the Flagship sounds like a dangerous gamble. I think emotional attachments might be betraying some of Starfleet's better thoughts for security no?
Lt. Commander
# 105
04-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryTerri View Post
This makes me wonder ... did the King die of natural causes? Was the Crown Prince/someone involved? Were the Klingons? ... and where the heck is Gila VI?
What do you think?!

If i were you i'd take another look at your so called "allies"!
Lt. Commander
# 106
04-04-2009, 02:22 PM
nice it looks like things are really heating up cool update
Lt. Commander
# 107
04-04-2009, 03:16 PM
OK. Here's something we should note here regarding STO and JJ's "Star Trek" movie.

Given what I know, at the end of those comics, both Spock and Nero get pulled into a black hole. And often in sci-fi realms (including Trek) - they could have not only been sent back in time but into an alternate reality already, which wouldn't infringe on ours. (Highlight text for spoilers)
Lt. Commander
# 108
04-04-2009, 04:22 PM
While I enjoyed this Update I'm kinda getting tired of trudgeing through 5 or 6 pragraphs about a race that won't even be the focus of the game at launch. I am interested in what is becoming of the ROmulans but come on. You are putting more detail into them than the federation and klingons combined.
Lt. Commander
# 109
04-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquizitor View Post
While I enjoyed this Update I'm kinda getting tired of trudgeing through 5 or 6 pragraphs about a race that won't even be the focus of the game at launch. I am interested in what is becoming of the ROmulans but come on. You are putting more detail into them than the federation and klingons combined.
What makes you think the Romulans won't be major players at launch? Just because they won't be player factions doesn't mean they won't have a presence. And keep in mind, it is still early in the series, they have what, 30 years of time to cover?
Lt. Commander
# 110
04-04-2009, 04:57 PM
It looks as if more conflicts will be occuring as time progresses.