Career Officer
# 11 STO log on not working
06-28-2012, 07:36 AM
I got kicked off the server and when I go to log back on it says "unable to authenticate" now I cannot get on any of my accounts. GREAT! anyone else having that problem.
Lieutenant
# 12
06-28-2012, 07:39 AM
They are doing maintenance to the account server.
Career Officer
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
06-28-2012, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hank900 View Post
I got kicked off the server and when I go to log back on it says "unable to authenticate" now I cannot get on any of my accounts. GREAT! anyone else having that problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes from Scheduled Account System Maintenance (June 28, 2012)
Hi Captains,

We will be performing scheduled maintenance on the Cryptic Account system tomorrow, Thursday, June 28th, at 7:00am PDT (click here to view in your timezone) and expect it to only last 2 hours. During this time, you will not be able to create or manage Cryptic accounts, create or track your in-game tickets, and players will not be able to log into the game; however, players already in the game should not be affected. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=287051

Hope this helps
<a href=http://www.facebook.com/at.cakuzma target=_blank>Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page</a>
Real Join Date: 2009
Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page
Ensign
# 15
06-28-2012, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvet View Post
The mid-June myth again? They pushed that back officially a long time ago. It's only been on Tribble for about a week -- I'd say it's more likely to be early to mid-July. And, my understanding is that the exchange rate from USD > CP is the same as Zen > CP and that rate has been the same always, so "... are we gonna continue to pay more..." is sort of like asking if humans are going to have to breath oxygen now... doesn't make a lot of sense.

The question about the forum name though, would LOVE to know the answer to that one! Also, when will STO fleets and characters be tied into our profiles?
Actually the exchange rate from USD>ZEN>CP hasn't been equal in the time that I've been playing. When converting your purchased ZEN, their would be a "conversion fee" I suppose, 2000 ZEN would only amount to 1400 CP or something like that. That's close to 5USD that you're being ripped off. If they're making the exchange rate 100% equal now, well I'll be pissed for not waiting but happy to know that in the future if I do buy ZEN, it'll be at an even rate.
Commander
# 16
06-28-2012, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hank900 View Post
Account server's down for maintenance brah. Another ~1 hr, 20 minutes
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
06-28-2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknigt88 View Post
Actually the exchange rate from USD>ZEN>CP hasn't been equal in the time that I've been playing. When converting your purchased ZEN, their would be a "conversion fee" I suppose, 2000 ZEN would only amount to 1400 CP or something like that. That's close to 5USD that you're being ripped off. If they're making the exchange rate 100% equal now, well I'll be pissed for not waiting but happy to know that in the future if I do buy ZEN, it'll be at an even rate.
I have to disagree with you.

$62.50 = 5,000 CP This equates to $1 = 80 CP

$50 = 5,000 ZEN This equates to $1 = 100 ZEN

The conversion rate from ZEN to CP is 100 ZEN to 80 CP. Therefore it's exactly the same.

One thing I have noted is that if you pay by certain payment methods and you buy 5,000 ZEN, you get an 300 ZEN thrown in. If you do the math, that means you can get $1 for 84.8 CP.

Yes, I know that it's not an earth-shatteringly large amount, but at least you're getting something extra (NEVER complain when you get extra for free), and it beats a kick in the teeth.
Career Officer
# 18
06-28-2012, 07:58 AM
And at least it will be more clear the price. 100 ZEN = 1 Dollar . 25 dollar ship = 2500 zen.

No mistakes in that
Ensign
# 19
06-28-2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
I have to disagree with you.

$62.50 = 5,000 CP This equates to $1 = 80 CP

$50 = 5,000 ZEN This equates to $1 = 100 ZEN

The conversion rate from ZEN to CP is 100 ZEN to 80 CP. Therefore it's exactly the same.

One thing I have noted is that if you pay by certain payment methods and you buy 5,000 ZEN, you get an 300 ZEN thrown in. If you do the math, that means you can get $1 for 84.8 CP.

Yes, I know that it's not an earth-shatteringly large amount, but at least you're getting something extra (NEVER complain when you get extra for free), and it beats a kick in the teeth.
This is my experience as well. NOW, the only thing we need to make sure of is that the ZEN/CRYPTIC points for items in the store needs to be adjusted down when they convert fully to ZEN. Otherwise we really will have our points worth less.
Ensign
# 20
06-28-2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejaymac View Post
GMT and UTC are the same time, so 14:00 UTC is the same as 14:00 GMT
Sorry but that is kinda bs..
If it were true, i'm on +1 time, which means the server goes offline, or maintenance is done, starting 15:00 my time, yet it starts like an hour later..
Closed Thread