Lt. Commander
# 111
04-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0wl View Post
What do you think?!

If i were you i'd take another look at your so called "allies"!
Heh, well I have to see first how Cryptic sets up the reason behind the alliance.

I'm just diappointed there is no solid facts behind the names/place used for Gorn tidbit here. It would be nice to know about it.
Lt. Commander
# 112
04-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronH View Post
What makes you think the Romulans won't be major players at launch? Just because they won't be player factions doesn't mean they won't have a presence. And keep in mind, it is still early in the series, they have what, 30 years of time to cover?

I didn't say they wouldn't have a presence. I imagine the Dominion. Hirogin, Kazon, Talaxians, Cardassian, Borg, and (insert one of many other powers at play in the Star trek universe here) will also have a presence but I'm getting tired of the finer points of Romulan politics when the focus of the game is going to be the Klingon and Federation wars. Heck we have yet to hear a word on Orions and Nausicans.

BTW

2409 - 2386 =/= 30

Try 13
Lt. Commander
# 113
04-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquizitor View Post

BTW

2409 - 2386 =/= 30

Try 13
Personally, I'll go with 23.
:p
Lt. Commander
# 114
04-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptXpendable View Post
Personally, I'll go with 23.
:p
meh. So I can't do math anymore than that joker. That's what I get for not leaving it at the =/= statement like I was planning on doing and quickly running the number in my head.
Lt. Commander
# 115
04-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Folks, a lot can happen in 23 years. I bet there will be some other major changes on the way too.
Lt. Commander
# 116
04-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Keep up the nice work ! Looking forward to next Path to: //
Lt. Commander
# 117 hmmm
04-05-2009, 12:56 AM
seems like a "story line" ...but fans wanna see same ole stuff with Roms and Cards in their own uniforms with their own ships. Not under the Federation or Klingons. That's like saying the Borg joined the federation lol
Lt. Commander
# 118 2386
04-05-2009, 01:30 AM
This is a bit of a kick in the teeth for th Romulans isn't it? Lol. First they are plunged into political crisis, and then they re suffering depletion of resources. Meanwhile the Klingons up their offensive against the Gorn, and the Federation takes on the responsibility of looking after the Cardassians despite Seven of Nine's suggerstions that they should continue preparing for a Borg invasion, which makes me think that most of the major powers have left themselves open to a greater threat. I like how the STO team has shifted the balance of power in the Alpha Quadrant Also, Data getting the Enterprise? Nice
Lt. Commander
# 119
04-05-2009, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronH View Post
Data as captain of the enterprise: Meh. Don't really like it I think.
It actually makes the most sense. I mean think about it. Would it be justice for anyone other than a familiar Enterprise crew member to be put in command of the Enterprise? In real life, maybe. But in terms of Star Trek storytelling, I would want to see a character I know and like to be promoted to the role.

Now that Data is himself again, It is apropriate that he be the one. Having served all those years under Picard, always observing and learning what it means to be a Starship captain, and with emotional awareness to lend itself to the moral and ethical choices already facilitated by Data's own programming, He now has balanced the "human equation".

Even before the emotion chip, we have seen Data successfully in command. We have also seen him successfully cary out diplomatic missions. Also, as an impartial individual, we have seen him give advice to others that, while lacking in emotional understanding, is not always unsound.

He's also the only TNG character that has not already been given something important to do.

I'm wondering if Brent Spiner would do the voice of Data for the game.
Lt. Commander
# 120
04-05-2009, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qnaz View Post
Sounds like an excellent Conquest! The Empire should make plans to continue down the list: Orions, Nausicaans...the federation heh, then the Galaxy!

The thing is that Orion is located pretty deep inside fed territory. I think Orion is pretty close to Earth, even. Or is there really not a 'canon' map?

So I am curious how they will end up aligned with the Klingons.