Lt. Commander
# 11 ZEN vs Steam
06-25-2012, 01:36 AM
Before I start: It only takes seconds for Perfect World to transfer ZEN to your account after the purchase. Transferring ZEN to CPs is almost instant.

But the question is why should I purchase ZEN and make all the detour when I can directly purchase CPs via Steam? Is there any difference???
Commander
# 12
06-25-2012, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gong1fu1panda View Post
But the question is why should I purchase ZEN and make all the detour when I can directly purchase CPs via Steam? Is there any difference???
No difference ATM (except the buy 5K ZEN get bonus thingy), but CPs will cease to exist soon.

And to answer your "why":
PWE has nearly a dozen games in its portfolio, all with different currencies (fitting the playworld). From a sellers view, it makes sense, from a players view only if you play several titles (buy ZEN in bulk, spend 2K on STO, rest on PWI for example).
Ensign
# 13
06-26-2012, 03:41 PM
Issue was on my end.

Last edited by nytshaed00; 06-26-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Career Officer
# 14
06-29-2012, 02:06 AM
This seems like a huge pain in the ass, and is probably a deal breaker for me not to ever sink money into this game, shame for you, because I probably would buy all kinds of fluff if it were easier.

"Buying ZEN for the first time can be a little overwhelming"

I laughed at that part.

I cant even find a place where I can see how many zen points each $ gets so I can do another conversion into c-points, also, I am reluctant to do any business with a company that affiliates itself with that 'win a free ipod' survey garbage. Peanuts indeed.

Last edited by pulserazor; 06-29-2012 at 02:12 AM.
Community Moderator
# 15
06-29-2012, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulserazor View Post
This seems like a huge pain in the ass, and is probably a deal breaker for me not to ever sink money into this game, shame for you, because I probably would buy all kinds of fluff if it were easier.

"Buying ZEN for the first time can be a little overwhelming"

I laughed at that part.

I cant even find a place where I can see how many zen points each $ gets so I can do another conversion into c-points, also, I am reluctant to do any business with a company that affiliates itself with that 'win a free ipod' survey garbage. Peanuts indeed.
When you go too http://billing.perfectworld.com and choose Charge Zen (or just the link at the very top) it tells you the break down of how much zen you get per USD.

However the going rate is 1 USD = 100 Zen
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.

Last edited by askray; 06-29-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Career Officer
# 16
06-29-2012, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
When you go too http://billing.perfectworld.com and choose Charge Zen (or just the link at the very top) it tells you the break down of how much zen you get per USD.

However the going rate is 1 USD = 1 Zen
I think someone forgot two "0"'s there.
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Lt. Commander
ok first of all i have never used/played any game or ever even been to the the pwe web site (save to link accounts) so i have no idea how/what zen is. i know it has replaced cstore points and that is all.

i need a step by step guide on how to buy cstore points. this is my 1st mmo game ever, im a 800 plus day lifer (as well as a complete non-computer guy). im used to just going to the sto web site, clicking on "buy cstore points" clicking on a bundle and getting my points. i need help here so i'd appreciate it very much.

please keep the mockery down.

now, can anyone help me out here?

thanks.
Career Officer
# 18
06-29-2012, 08:59 AM
I too would like to hear someones account on how the transaction process is handled now. I am like the OP here accept I have never bought c-poits at all. I've lived off my stipend.
Next week I am buying my Armitage ship.

that fact that we have to ask these question says alot about how non-simple it is to buy stuff from PWE.

should be
click buy
then enter payment info
click confirm
done.

it all should happen in game and not require you to go to an external site.
Community Moderator
# 19
06-29-2012, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjunior View Post
I think someone forgot two "0"'s there.
I have no idea what you're talking about
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Empire Veteran
# 20
06-29-2012, 09:16 PM
I should have read the fine line, $20.00 for 2000 Zen points, but in reality after transferring the 2000 over you end up with 1600, that's a big chunk gone for nothing.

Why?
Closed Thread