Captain
# 371
06-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Are you guys sure you want to give the image about PvPers you are giving to any newbies out there? Because they might falsely think that all pvPers are like you, and would therefore loose interest in the activity.
I'm clearly unable to make anybody lose interest. You're still here.

Side note: dicks is not censored?
Rihannsu
# 372
06-29-2012, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post
Side note: dicks is not censored?
Apparently not. Hunh..
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Rihannsu
# 373
06-29-2012, 02:04 PM
Now that Mav has begun to post his Science ship thread, I would also like to point it out since most Science ship builds can be adapted to the Atrox in some form, as long as you remember that the Atrox turns as fast as the Vor'quv. And both turn slower then the DSSV.

If a Vulcan Science ship build gets mentioned, the build can probobly be instantly applied to the Vor'quv, with the exception of the Vor'quv having a LtC Tac slot instead of the Lt Tac and Ensign Sci slots.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=288171

Thanks again to Mav for the extensive research he does on not just Science ships, but Cruisers and other ships as well.
Think about this:
Captain
# 374
06-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Are you guys sure you want to give the image about PvPers you are giving to any newbies out there? Because they might falsely think that all pvPers are like you, and would therefore loose interest in the activity.
Actually, they're giving a misleading good impression. They're far better written and more rational than the usual "trash-talking lol-speak" crowd.

# 375
06-29-2012, 10:24 PM
I guess it could always be worse.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Rihannsu
# 376
06-30-2012, 11:10 AM
I've been thinking about it, and Disruptor Weapons on a Tac Carrier might actually be a benifit with the way that one I posted was built. They would give a chance to proc resistance debuffs, which would also increase damage being delt by both your own Science powers on the Atrox, as well as the Pet damage, and your team mates. And with the Pets you'll have good chances of Phaser Procs as well.
Think about this:
Rihannsu
# 377
07-12-2012, 02:42 AM
So.. when the new Starbases come out..

If I'm able to get the new Carriers, or Carrier pets, I'll try to update this thread with information about them. Don't know when that will be, how ever. It might take quite some time.

Until then, I thought I'd share some Ideas on the Advanced Peregrine Fighters.

Unlike the normal Peregrine Fighters, the advanced ones get 2 Weapon additions:

Dual Phaser cannon and Quantum Torpedo.

Not much else changes between the Advanced and the normal Peregrine Fighters. They are still squishy. But their Quantum Torpedoes do pack a wallop. Making them a nice addion, especially for Armitage Pilots wanting a little Extra DPS. And these little buggers might make a nice substitution to the Advanced Danube Shuttles when Season 6 goes live with the Chroniton Torpedo changes that are going to make it to Live soon??*?
Think about this:
Rihannsu
# 378
07-24-2012, 09:56 PM
After looking at the Tholian Carrier, and listening to a fleet mate when he had his, I can agree 100% that the Tolian Carrier is a Great Support Healer.

The Commander Universal at first seems like a good place for a Tactical officer slot with Perhaps Beta or Delta 3, Maybe a Faw or BO 3, Torp Spread or HY 3 for it's new Torpedo. But after flying it I have the following thoughts on it's abilities and with what it comes with.

First, the Tholian Thermonic Torpedo.

The only way to buff it's damage, is to use Universal Torpedo Buff consoles, Or Tac Officer or Tac Power Based buffs (HY, or Torpedo Spread). Also, if you use Torpedo Spread, it appears to possibly remove it's Special -15 (buffable with Flow Capaciters, but more below) to Engines and Weapons debuff effect.

Now it's Penality to Engines and Weapons Can be boosted with Flow Capaciters. How ever, even with a 207 Flow Capaciters, I could only manage a -30.2 and that is still at a 15% Chance. Making this Torpedo hardly useful in the current PVP with the nerfs to such attacks.

Next is the Tholian Tetryon Grid.
It's an interesting Feature. It boosts Energy Weapon damage for 8 seconds on the pets and any pets you have summoned will get the energy weapon boost. Also, the pets will then fire off a Tetryon beam attack at their target(s). The Beam is basically a Tetryon Beam Array fired from each ship. The damage the beams deal MAY be tied to your Weapon power, and Tetryon Consoles. The 2.5% chance to deal shield damage also shows it can be bolstered by your Flow Capaciters. Weither it actually is or is not remains to be seen.

The Tholian Widow fighters that the pet comes with are really cool. They use Tetryon Weapons and have Quantum Torpedoes. They spawn in 3's and have 2k Hull like Perigrine fighters. And they get boosted by the Tetryon Grid. How ever, the down side to the pets is they can ONLY be used on the Carrier. Other wise they are nice pets.

The Ship it's self is a Carrier. First and Foremost. It's Bridge officer set up is very different from the other Carriers before it as follows:
Ensign Tac
LtC Engi
LtC Sci
Ensign Sci
Cmd universal

At first glance, that Commander universal makes one go "Holy crap! That's OP" But then you remember.. this is a Carrier. The Commander universal can be used for many different options. You could use it to be more Tactical. Have more Sci Tricks like most Carriers, or even have more Engineering Tank and Buff powers.

How ever the best set up seems to be as a Backup/Support and maybe even a near main healer. Provided you remember how to use it's Turn rate.

Not really much else to say about this ship. If others have their own opinions and/or builds they want to share, feel free. Maybe I missed something about this ship. Other wise I'm not sure how PVP Worthy out side of what I've suggested this ship would be. If it were a Science ship instead it might have been more dangerous. But as a Carrier, it's hardly such.
Think about this:
Career Officer
# 379
07-25-2012, 12:04 AM
1. Tetryon grid also buffs your team, if they are between you and your fighters. 33% extra Damage for 5 seconds!

2. Widow Fighters shoot mini-versions of Tholian Thermic Torpedos.. no Quantums here.

3. Torpedo Spread III procs seem to work.
Rihannsu
# 380
07-25-2012, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soleone View Post
1. Tetryon grid also buffs your team, if they are between you and your fighters. 33% extra Damage for 5 seconds!

2. Widow Fighters shoot mini-versions of Tholian Thermic Torpedos.. no Quantums here.

3. Torpedo Spread III procs seem to work.
While it is a nice buff option for the Tetryon Grid, I don't know how often in PVP matches you'll be able to buff the people you want to buff I guess with out putting them on BG mode.

Are you sure about those Torpdoes? They seemed like Quantums to me. If so then Tool Tip Error.

Were you able to test the Torp Spreads against another player to be sure.
Think about this:
Closed Thread