Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy > Player Guides
Login

Career Officer
# 11
06-23-2012, 12:05 PM
Reserved #3
Commander
# 12
06-29-2012, 07:24 AM
So THIS is where the wildly inefficient and terribly nonsensical (space) strats are born.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-29-2012, 07:37 AM
Regenerators and Components can be placed in your character bank, and pulled from their to repair damage/injuries. HOWEVER, that means that if someone else runs out, you won't be able to restock them.
Career Officer
# 14
06-29-2012, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiscustodiet View Post
So THIS is where the wildly inefficient and terribly nonsensical (space) strats are born.
Agreed. The tactic for Cure Space are needlesly compex.

Current tactic is (RMMRL or MRRML) to kill probes on one cube (Middle or Right, as decided), move to another cube kill both probes and cube. Quickly move back to the first cube, kill the spawned raptors (3) followed by the cube. Quick move to the left (everyone seems to leave left last) and kill everything there. One will guard the Kang.
Commander
# 15
06-29-2012, 08:08 AM
And KASE.

1. He recommends people waiting at the portal (leeching)!

2. Waiting to destroy a gate? That's downright terrible for at least 3 reasons:
A. A Gate hits a lot harder than a couple of Spheres.
B. Halving the flow of probes ASAP can only help you finish in time.
C. Regroupping the whole team can only help you finish in time and spread the damage received around and focus targets down faster (btw, that's true in CSE as well: 5 Ships of any type will slaughter a wave of Negh'vars in no time).

I guess he operates under the misconception that those Spheres can go through the Portal, that's the only reason I can fathom for recommending to keep a Gate low while the other is worked on.
They don't, it should be obvious both by observing them and reading the objective (it says "Probes" not "all Borg Ships".
Career Officer
# 16
06-29-2012, 08:43 AM
IGE is outdated as well. If a team waits to pull each group from each room then rush in to get that hostage it will fail optional. The team should clear the first group, try not to agro the second, get the hostage out, then clear the second group as fast as possible while staying on the move(this to me is key to keep moving to the next trigger line). Using the Cane or a grenade to knock back the workers works to keep them away from the hostage and gives the team time to kill them.

Also the final room the team should clear the left platform, then the right platform, and center last. Then jump. I disagree with the group huddling also behind a shield. The group should span out, preferably in an area where the drones will respawn latest. Also in this room prescion shooting is 100% needed. AOE shots only agro the borg, pets, turrets, etc also agro the borg and that is what you don't want to do.
Commander
# 17
06-29-2012, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joenatl View Post
Also the final room the team should clear the left platform, then the right platform, and center last.
I don't agree with that, I find centre first far more efficient. It makes no sense to me to be engaging the Borg on the left and right platforms from anywhere other than on those platforms so you can just knock two of them off with one pulsewave hit each.
Career Officer
# 18
06-29-2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav75 View Post
Agreed. The tactic for Cure Space are needlesly compex.

Current tactic is (RMMRL or MRRML) to kill probes on one cube (Middle or Right, as decided), move to another cube kill both probes and cube. Quickly move back to the first cube, kill the spawned raptors (3) followed by the cube. Quick move to the left (everyone seems to leave left last) and kill everything there. One will guard the Kang.
I'd have to agree on this point, please update.
<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
Career Officer
# 19
06-29-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skhc View Post
I don't agree with that, I find centre first far more efficient. It makes no sense to me to be engaging the Borg on the left and right platforms from anywhere other than on those platforms so you can just knock two of them off with one pulsewave hit each.
100% disagree. Its about timing and when the drones respawn. You want to take out the area farthest away from where you will be when you cleared objectives first so that when they respawn you are no where near them. If you take out center first then those drones respawn first and have full view of the whole room and can hit you anywhere. If you do center third they are in line after left then right respawning. Left should respawn as you are taking out #4 console at the latest. With taking center out first that means center would respawn as you are clearing 4, so you'd have to stop, clear them then go ahead.
Career Officer
# 20
06-29-2012, 04:51 PM
Heya guys!

Just letting you all know that we are trying to update the post but having trouble since it was transferred over and lost the editing power. We're working on it!

StarfleetCommander