Empire Veteran
# 21
06-29-2012, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
WOW! For 900 day rewards, it's just generic ripoffs of stuff we already have! I am so disappointed but not surprised at how little an effort Crytpic puts into these rewards!
you know... you could lower your standards a bit there (or actually, you know, wait till you try them out yourself.).

generic does not automatically equal bad
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.

Last edited by trek21; 06-29-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Career Officer
# 22
06-29-2012, 06:15 PM
Very nice rewards, Thank You Cryptic!
Looking forward to seeing how thse new paint job looks on my ship! And the gold trimmed Jupiter outfits is very nice.

Good Work!

I am exploring strange new worlds and seeking out new civilizations in a galaxy far, far away...
With my Assault Cannon.
Empire Veteran
# 23
06-29-2012, 06:21 PM
cool, cant wait! the uniform bits are cool, especially the kdf gauntlets. but the starship material skin is actually not a new skin, but 4 new paint pattern options?
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 24
06-29-2012, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
you know... you could lower your standards a bit there (or actually, you know, wait till you try them out yourself.).

generic does not automatically equal bad
It is when I was hoping for something new. I like the Jupiter costumes without the shiney crap on it. KDF get a belt. WOW! So much effort went into that, season 6 will be delayed until this time next year! The hull looks are basically Aegis ripoffs. Yet again, I am not fond of the Tron look on my ship so the only decent thing in this for me is, the free respec token. All but one of my toons still have the bulk of theirs. Thanks anyway!
Career Officer
# 25
06-29-2012, 06:46 PM
I had hoped the KDF could have gotten something in Dark Grey or black, not more green and brown.

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino
Career Officer
# 26
06-29-2012, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodoreshrvk View Post
This does look very nice, but I still think THIS needs to still be addressed soon.
Yeah, here's hoping!
Empire Veteran
# 27
06-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Quote:
*Please note that allied alien (Catiain Atrox Carrier, Vulcan D?Kyr, etc.) and lock box (Jem?Hadar Attack Ship, Cardassian Galor, etc.) ships, as well as the TOS Constitution class, are not able to use this new material.
Oh you silly devs..
  • Add tons of alien ships to KDF side.
  • Huge amount of players fly alien ships.
  • Add 900 vet ship skin that doesn't work with alien ships.

Please say the skin works with alien ships KDF side.
Almost half the ships KDF side are alien ships.
"Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"

Last edited by claudiusdk; 06-30-2012 at 12:30 AM.
Career Officer
# 28
06-29-2012, 09:23 PM
I'm pretty happy with this set of rewards because imo the KDF are getting the better end of the bargain.

Brand new belt and vambraces? Sweet , Because I really hate the ones in game now, their all too bland to me.

On the other hand, the Fed jackets are essentially a recoloring, I'm not a fan but anyone that is will be happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
cpt.william2

Banned
# 29 Finally.....
06-29-2012, 10:47 PM
....finally we get a "reward" for still giving you guys our money. Good ot see we get something usefull once again.....
Career Officer
# 30
06-30-2012, 12:29 AM
Nice! Can't wait to see what the ships skins look like on my ships!