Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Bug Reports
Login

Cryptic Studios Team
This is the thread to post all feedback and bugs for new Foundry maps and backdrops.
Career Officer
# 2
06-29-2012, 11:17 PM
A bug or an oversight, but still it makes me sad to see that the only new map available for the KDF foundry is hathor. Where's DS9? Would love to see more maps available to the KDF. Please Please Please!
Career Officer
# 3
06-29-2012, 11:53 PM
I'm glad to see all the new maps, I'm curious if the old version earth spacedock will be removed at any point, sense those of us using said map will be in trouble. As I was saying, great map additions, I think you added all that was on my wish list, except I'd like to see the Zaria mine cave from the Breen mission.

Last edited by odyssey47; 06-29-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Career Officer
# 4
06-30-2012, 12:56 AM
^^ Hopefully the OLD ESD maps (as well as the original Qo'nos Map) will never be removed, it gives us old-timers some nostalgia.

Alt-Tabbing in Foundry is much faster, but not sure if its due to it being on Tribble.

Story:

The Text Boxes REALLY need to be widened. It's just too narrow as it is.

Map:

NPC Contact - Feklhri Dreadnaught is a Purple Jupiter (Mirror Universe Scheme)

Map Assets:

1) Newer Map Assets stack one on top of one another. Be nice if we could manually adjust the map assets so we can determine what asset is above one another.

2) Space FX still not showing borders / effect limits.

3) Invisible Objects may be solid, but not transparent. Due to the stacking issue in 1), this can be troublesome.

4) Names shouldn't be directly above the "pin".

5) Behavior - "Legacy Combat" needs to be defined.

6) States - needs centered in the window.

7) Space Backdrop - better definition of the lights and what they do.

8) Planets - Bajor isn't Bajor (Even the Map Bajor isn't Bajor).

Customization:

Ship Customization: Best see my Tribble Feedback thread regarding this. Some things need explained (like the boxes under the options), ships missing, ships mislabled, ships repeat, or ships bugged (Like the K'Tinga is labeled as Tier 4 and shows the D7, while the Vor'cha is Tier 3).

Ground Customization: "Height" still has no numerical values. And many costumes missing from the selection, like the Bajoran Vedec Robes, Jupiter Uniforms, and more.

New Ground / Interior Maps:

Bajor: Problem with the Map. Tried beaming down with a blank map and it locked up on me. Had resort to Stopping STO via Windows Manager.

Second attempt to load map, took about 2 minutes before reaching the real load screen, where the map download took place. Afterwards no problems.

Colliseum: Another problematic map. After waiting 3 minutes at the loading screen, when I was about to end task, the map suddenly loaded.

Any way we can have the missing components like the Gates added to the Library so Authors can have a more complete map?

Drozana: Should clarify this being the Drozana Bar from Night of the Comet, and not the interiors we saw in the other Devidian Missions.

TOS Bridge: CTDed when selecting the map from the Editor. Second attempt, was fine.

TOS Interior: CTDed when selecting the map from the Editor. Second attempt, was fine.

(Suggestion with Multi-Part Maps: Add a "Warp to" function to transport players to different locations on the same map. That way it saves the need to copy the same map to use the other sections and saving a need for a load screen.)

Orith: The only problem with this map is the borders itself. It well exceeds the size of the map.

However, this glitch also gives Foundry Authors something they would greatly welcome, a map where they can make customized interiors and buildings without taking it to the Y-plane or having to work around existing outoor maps. So if you do revise the map borders for Orith, I trust that you could give Foundry Authors access to a truly blank map.

Nopada: Like Orith, this map has a border problem (much larger than Orith). So it makes it difficult to get to the real map, but at the same time open empty areas for customization.

Got a "Map Loading Error" during map download, but map loaded fine after downloading was completed (in the same test run).

4028: Hope to see assets from this map make it into the Library.

New Space Maps:

Mercury: Okay, but color off. (Due to Yellow Light Source?)

Venus: Does not look like Venus at all. Looks like someone just spray painted a basic world and added some texture. Not very convincing.

Mars: Think we can scale down Phobos and Demos?

Jupiter: The size of the planet really was convincing. However, scaling up the planet made the clouds pixelated and that really detracted from the artwork. Furthermore, where is the Great Red Spot? We saw it in pictures with Jupiter Station. Don't tell me it poofed since we last saw it?

Saturn: I'm very not impressed, colors look off. The rings appear to be off-center, and the moons are baddly misproportioned. Since they are outside the map, do scale them down to be more convincing.

Uranus: Beautiful Work, especially with the rings. But I have to question the glow on the far side.

Neptune: Well, it's accurate. Except that you shouldn't be able to see Terrain since it is a gas giant.

Pluto: Looks really convincing, even including the newer moons of Nix and Hydra. But Charon looks molten, when the real thing is probably grayish like a typical asteroid.

Overall: All these maps have the same problem, there is basically 2 Default Light Sources that need to be removed. You got a bright yellow light source that really causes havoc with the maps in taking away from the colors. For instance it made Saturn into a dull star.

Also, aside from Mercury, Pluto and Mars, the planets really need to be redone. Since you guys use 3d Max, surely you could find proper texture files for these planets and make them more accurate without manually painting them. And with the cloud layer, don't make it move at all or make it really, really slow. That way it gives the planet a feeling of being dynamic.

BUGs: Tet Character not allowed to spend Skill Points.

Last edited by azurianstar; 06-30-2012 at 02:56 AM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 5
06-30-2012, 01:18 AM
Great feedback so far.

I'm going to start a thread in the Foundry forums that can be a short wishlist for maps. (Don't start your own threads though as I need to have just one.)

We currently have no plans to remove existing maps from the Foundry, because we don't want to negatively affect our authors.

Azurian, I've tested Bajor myself several times and haven't had that issue. I'm curious to know if anyone else did so we can get more information on it. It really doesn't sound much like a STO-bug to me, more like hardware or drivers.

As for the lighting in those maps, they're all made to work with the Mars backdrop. If you use that and you still think there are lighting problems, I can mention them, but I'm not sure of the timeline for changes.

Soriedem -- we didn't really add any/many new Cryptic maps for either faction. We had artist time, which meant adding templates. Adding Cryptic maps is designer time, which is very short supply right now. I'll add it to our list, though.
Career Officer
# 6
06-30-2012, 01:25 AM
The public PvE queues seems to be bugged after the patch as well as the starbase missions, I can't contribute anything.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 7
06-30-2012, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztrl1 View Post
The public PvE queues seems to be bugged after the patch as well as the starbase missions, I can't contribute anything.
Thanks for that report. It would be good to put it in the general bug threads, however, as this thread is specifically for Foundry maps.
Career Officer
# 8
06-30-2012, 03:04 AM
Could he be referring to Bajor in space? The Bajor space map has yet to be updated since it was changed in the last Featured Episode. Anyhow, I had game crash issues when i tried creating a TOS and Defiant interior. Also maybe allow the Odyssey bridge's turbolift doors to open? And the Odyssey'r ready room doesn't have a door. As far as a map wishlist I have Zaria ground and Starfleet Academy. For right now, I'm looking forward to the costume updates...I really need the DS9 admiral and Vedek costumes. Also, it was a nice touch adding the entire Sol system, is there a plan for this to be used in game? On that note, we need Utopia Planitia for Mars and Jupiter Station for Jupiter to put in orbit of those planets. Also, from the last update, the Mars backdrop for the Utopia interior is great, but the stations and drydocks/ships are still greyed out silhouettes. Is there a way to make them look like they did during the First Contact day?

Last edited by odyssey47; 06-30-2012 at 04:08 AM.
Career Officer
# 9
06-30-2012, 03:04 AM
^ No, mine was the Bajoran Ground map - Hathon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
Great feedback so far.

I'm going to start a thread in the Foundry forums that can be a short wishlist for maps. (Don't start your own threads though as I need to have just one.)
I'm sure there will be plent of authors willing to accomodate that request.

Honestly, the only maps I really like right now don't exist. And they mainly are accurate ship interior maps. Especially Romulan. But if there was one map, that Consitution Shuttlebay from "Of Bajor" might be a good thing to add.

But you'll have to see my Foundry mission to see what I can make out of a D7 interior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
Azurian, I've tested Bajor myself several times and haven't had that issue. I'm curious to know if anyone else did so we can get more information on it. It really doesn't sound much like a STO-bug to me, more like hardware or drivers.

As for the lighting in those maps, they're all made to work with the Mars backdrop. If you use that and you still think there are lighting problems, I can mention them, but I'm not sure of the timeline for changes.
My NVIDIA Drivers are up todate.

But doubt it was graphics since the TOS interior CTDs occurred after clicking the map and starting the download. The others, who knows, long map load times. Reminds me of the ESD and DS9 long-load time problem thats affecting people on the Holodeck.
Empire Veteran
# 10
06-30-2012, 07:52 AM
The Drozana 23rd century map colors and lights were not that aggressive in my memories! It's working, though, you can use it but there are plenty of locations i didn't test.