Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Problems with Force Verify
06-29-2012, 04:29 PM
Hi all,

While trying to load into a Foundry mission, my client crashed and the Cryptic Error.exe couldn't complete its job when it unexpectedly closed as well. I tried to force verify the game files using the launcher, but it wouldn't work. I finally managed to get back into the game, through the Champions launcher, but my character is still trapped in that Foundry mission and I can't use it.

Is there any solution to this problem?
Captain
# 2
06-29-2012, 05:22 PM
Can you define "Won't work" please? Does it give you errors? Does it just sit there? Does it complete but it doesn;t help?
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
06-30-2012, 10:57 AM
It just sits there and looks pretty. Doesn't show any progress at all that it is verifying the files.
Captain
# 4
06-30-2012, 11:30 AM
Hmm, that;s wierd. How long are you letting it sit there for? Usually completes in under 15 minutes.

I dont recall it giving you a progress bar which is annoying.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Career Officer
# 5
06-30-2012, 01:06 PM
it's been going on for a while, I was post 7 in this thread http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=272625

You used to see the files displayed as they were checked, now nothing and the same lockup on hitting the cancel button happens. There is no problem stopping and starting patches (when there are some), and I was able to stop an sto patch and start a Champs one, then go to a redshirt one, then a champs test server one. But if you hit cancel on the force verify it locked up. I had let it sit 20 mins or more before I posted before.

Ok it is completing now if you don't touch it, but the lack of the files showing and the white box that happens on the cancel button is still there

Dec/2008

Last edited by capnbludd; 06-30-2012 at 01:10 PM.