Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 1 Cryptic: NO more KDF ships!!
07-01-2012, 07:12 AM
That's it - issue solved - there will be no more KDF ship designs put out (edit: any time soon - like this year at least)as it is not profitable

If you listen to Al in the latest podcast on the main page you will here him say how the Borta was the last(at least for a long time)

to quote him "The Oddy sold more than the Borta by an order of Magnitude!" while costing pretty much the same to develop - so why should we invest time and money when it's not profitable

Frankly thank goodness as the Borta is ugly.

I fly both the heavy BOP and the Raptor and they are excellent ships! So KDF will just have to do with Fleet upgrades

On the AMAZING note it looks like I will be getting my Science VESTA!! What a beauty! And apparently she will be the "god" ship - I guess everyone with an oddy will have to upgrade!

So no more threads are needed about what the next KDF ship should be as PWE is not interested in making one.

Last edited by levi3; 07-01-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,330
# 2
07-01-2012, 07:23 AM
They never had interest in the KDF faction to begin with since before the game launched. How else did the faction find the state it was in when the game came out? It doesn't surprise any of us.

This isn't news at all. It's something we've all known since Day 1.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 3
07-01-2012, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
They never had interest in the KDF faction to begin with since before the game launched. How else did the faction find the state it was in when the game came out? It doesn't surprise any of us.

This isn't news at all. It's something we've all known since Day 1.
But this is the first time(that I know of) someone at Cryptic has put the nail in the coffin on a podcast
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,305
# 4 That's sad to hear.
07-01-2012, 07:27 AM
I had always hoped that Cryptic wanted STO to have another player-faction against which Starfleet would be pitted against fairly.

I see that's never going to happen, so long as Al has anything to say about it.

I am glad that the Feds are getting all their wishes answered.

I am glad that they will have nothing to do, except build their precious starbases and rp themselves to death in it.

I am glad that the starbases are a move away from a limitless universe.

I am glad for the slide-of-hand, in that there has been no storyline content in months.

I am glad that at the end of of it all, when the glutonous Feds finally have everthing they have asked for, nicely wrapped-up in "OP-PVE-ness", they are going to find themselves without anyone but themselves to fight against.

I am so very, very glad, for the Federation.

For the KDF, I am just sad.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 07-01-2012 at 07:36 AM.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,963
# 5
07-01-2012, 07:32 AM
A couple of points , for anyone who did not listen. while we wont be seeing any brand new klingon ships (except probably the 1000 day one) for a little while he did not actually say no more KDF ships ever. they will be concentrating on fed ships as that is where the money is but its not a nail in the klingon coffin.

second he referred to the vest as the God ship from the books because it could do it all in the books, not that their version, if it is finalised with all the negotaions to acquire it, would be a god ship.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,594
# 6
07-01-2012, 07:32 AM
Give us the current ingame orion,nausicaan and gorn non pc ships for free then
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,305
# 7
07-01-2012, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
A couple of points , for anyone who did not listen. while we wont be seeing any brand new klingon ships (except probably the 1000 day one) for a little while he did not actually say no more KDF ships ever. they will be concentrating on fed ships as that is where the money is but its not a nail in the klingon coffin.

second he referred to the vest as the God ship from the books because it could do it all in the books, not that their version, if it is finalised with all the negotaions to acquire it, would be a god ship.
Please. If the recent escort-carrier spawning danubes and phaser procs et al. is anything to measure their aptitude against, we can expect little surprise.

Downloading EVE as we speak.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 8
07-01-2012, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
A couple of points , for anyone who did not listen. while we wont be seeing any brand new klingon ships (except probably the 1000 day one) for a little while he did not actually say no more KDF ships ever. they will be concentrating on fed ships as that is where the money is but its not a nail in the klingon coffin.

.
I think that he implied that there won't be any more KDF ships ever! It's just not profitable and you can infer that PWE sure as hell won't let Cryptic put out anything they think won't be profitable - that I can say with 100% certainty!!
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,963
# 9
07-01-2012, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
I think that he implied that there won't be any more KDF ships ever! It's just not profitable and you can infer that PWE sure as hell won't let Cryptic put out anything they think won't be profitable - that I can say with 100% certainty!!
you can think what you like but there is a difference between not profitable and less profitable. by that logic they would not have added any klingon content what so ever over the last 2 years if they just wanted to maximise profits. there will be more klingons ships at some point because the klingon players still make a percentage of people that will buy stuff. you may not release them as often but you still release them or you lose a group of people to market to.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,305
# 10
07-01-2012, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
...or you lose a group of people to market to.
It's a little late for that sentiment. What Cryptic fails to understand is by disinvesting in the KDF, they stand to loose potential support from the "majority" as people just move on when they tire of the kill 5 of this and scan this plant 500 million times.

STO economy: Is already in the mire.
DOFFing Thoroughly mindless, I can clean my keyboard and be more entertained.
Crafting ... pointless.
Foundry. Why even release something so flawed and incomplete.
STF. Same-ol-same-ol and then some.
Gated events: EPIC fail.
Starbases. A short term fix for a long term problem, one that is going to have game breaking consequences to PvP balance + players are going to become separated from each other. Basically Cryptic is saying "screw you Mr.Customer, you WILL play with the other children, otherwise you won't be getting any puddin'." Personally, IMO at least it saves them from being ripped off any more.
PVP: The end.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 07-01-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:55 PM.