Rihannsu
# 11
07-01-2012, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
It's a little late for that sentiment. What Cryptic fails to understand is by disinvesting in the KDF, they stand to loose potential support from the "majority" as people just move on when they tire of the kill 5 of this and scan this plant 500 million times.

STO economy: Is already in the mire.
DOFFing Thoroughly mindless, I can clean my keyboard and be more entertained.
Crafting ... pointless.
Foundry. Why even release something so flawed and incomplete.
STF. Same-ol-same-ol and then some.
Gated events: EPIC fail.
Starbases. A short term fix for a long term problem, one that is going to have game breaking consequences to PvP balance + players are going to become separated from each other.
other than pvp which only a small fraction use at the best of times and hardly anyone uses right now, what exactly does the current klingon faction have that affects the majority of players?

the new pvp, assuming nothing changes with gozer leaving does away with FvK and everyone joins the game in a free for all of mixed teams. there is no faction balance issues as anyone can be on any team. the new ships are only fractionally stronger and wont have that noticeable affect in the chaos of pvp.

the game seems to be going along quite nicely with tons of people in game despite your opinion and what the forums would have people believe. if people have not got tired of the game yet, or not all left during the many issues of the last couple of years when people cried doom before countless times, i dont think that a lack of brand new klingons ships for a few months or even a year is going to have it all come crashing down for the majority.

the majority simply wont care.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-01-2012, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
If you listen to Al in the latest podcast on the main page you will here him say how the Borta was the last(at least for a long time)

to quote him "The Oddy sold more than the Borta by an order of Magnitude!" while costing pretty much the same to develop - so why should we invest time and money when it's not profitable
I don't understand this logic. Of course the Oddy sells an order of magnitude higher, because of the negligence of the KDF there is an order of magnitude more players on the Fed side.

So the logic would be to increase the amount of players on the KDF side. Don't provide any new features and giving the Feds overpowered ships, however, is very clearly the wrong way.
Empire Veteran
# 13
07-01-2012, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
other than pvp which only a small fraction use at the best of times and hardly anyone uses right now, what exactly does the current klingon faction have that affects the majority of players?

the new pvp, assuming nothing changes with gozer leaving does away with FvK and everyone joins the game in a free for all of mixed teams. there is no faction balance issues as anyone can be on any team. the new ships are only fractionally stronger and wont have that noticeable affect in the chaos of pvp.

the game seems to be going along quite nicely with tons of people in game despite your opinion and what the forums would have people believe. if people have not got tired of the game yet, or not all left during the many issues of the last couple of years when people cried doom before countless times, i dont think that a lack of brand new klingons ships for a few months or even a year is going to have it all come crashing down for the majority.

the majority simply wont care.
I've played since Beta. There was far less to do and far greater numbers.

Cryptic intentionally disinvested from the KDF because they weren't prepared to invest money in it's potential. All they care about is profit. The worlds greatest tycoons, have made vast capital ventures and empires, because they invested in something others saw as not a "sure deal". I laugh at Cryptic for their mediocrity.

They consistently and continously lied to their paying customers, and then when said customers complain, they "mute/ban/etc" them, or simply ignore them.

STO is failing, defend it all you like. Cryptic/ PWE have run the concept of what Star Trek is into the ground.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 07-01-2012 at 07:26 AM.
Lieutenant
# 14 please
07-01-2012, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
That's it - issue solved - there will be no more KDF ship designs put out as it is not profitable

If you listen to Al in the latest podcast on the main page you will here him say how the Borta was the last(at least for a long time)

to quote him "The Oddy sold more than the Borta by an order of Magnitude!" while costing pretty much the same to develop - so why should we invest time and money when it's not profitable

Frankly thank goodness as the Borta is ugly.

I fly both the heavy BOP and the Raptor and they are excellent ships! So KDF will just have to do with Fleet upgrades

On the AMAZING note it looks like I will be getting my Science VESTA!! What a beauty! And apparently she will be the "god" ship - I guess everyone with an oddy will have to upgrade!

So no more threads are needed about what the next KDF ship should be as PWE is not interested in making one.
ummmm... that is not what was stated hon. I suggest you go back, cool your heart some, and listen again. ^^

That conversation you take out of context was simply comparing the bortas sales to the oddy sales. Mr. Rivvera mentions before that that a completely new Klingon ship is coming out for the 1000 day veteran reward for both factions. He also states that short term plans, that the groups has decided that no newly designed KDF ships are coming out any time soon.

Why?

Umm, because he mentions they just added new skins, to all the new "Fleet" refits that both the Fed and KDF got? Not to mention the unique skin that all 900 day members get for both factions? ^-

Just saying sweety, perhaps looking at the larger picture is better then misquoting folks or short sightedness. Granted, Xas, there are many things that were done wrong, but lets not add to the problems by misrepresentation of a partial statement vs the entire statement.
Republic Veteran
# 15
07-01-2012, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiphenon View Post
I don't understand this logic. Of course the Oddy sells an order of magnitude higher, because of the negligence of the KDF there is an order of magnitude more players on the Fed side.

So the logic would be to increase the amount of players on the KDF side. Don't provide any new features and giving the Feds overpowered ships, however, is very clearly the wrong way.
Obviously it does sell better since it was made so much better with fed love, Oddy is so much better than the Bortasqu' for tons of reasons...maybe if the ships was actually decent it might have had better sales.

Last edited by lianthelia; 07-01-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 16
07-01-2012, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistressssinss View Post
ummmm... that is not what was stated hon. I suggest you go back, cool your heart some, and listen again. ^^

That conversation you take out of context was simply comparing the bortas sales to the oddy sales. Mr. Rivvera mentions before that that a completely new Klingon ship is coming out for the 1000 day veteran reward for both factions. He also states that short term plans, that the groups has decided that no newly designed KDF ships are coming out any time soon.

Why?

Umm, because he mentions they just added new skins, to all the new "Fleet" refits that both the Fed and KDF got? Not to mention the unique skin that all 900 day members get for both factions? ^-

Just saying sweety, perhaps looking at the larger picture is better then misquoting folks or short sightedness. Granted, Xas, there are many things that were done wrong, but lets not add to the problems by misrepresentation of a partial statement vs the entire statement.
The the past two years have taught me anything, do you even know what "short term plans" translates into? It basically means, "Never gonna happen..."

Secondly, in what way does the Fed ships (carrier + carrier-esc) translate into a fair argument vs. KDF fleet "skin", on top of the fact that the Feds are getting the very best of the SB cookie jar as well.

Just saying sweety, but its difficult to be shortsighted when there's already an elephant in the room.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 07-01-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-01-2012, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Obviously it does sell better since it was made so much better with fed love, Oddy is so much better than the Bortasqu' for tons of reasons...maybe if the ships was actually decent it might have had better sales.
I like the design of the Bortas while I find the Oddy quite ugly. The "science" variant with sensor scan is quite good as a healing/beam boat while it allows to dish out moderate damage due to sensor analysis and 4 tac consoles. The only thing what really annoys is the slow turn rate.

However, because of saucer sep the Oddy can be much more mobile. I think something similar should also have been given to the Bortas. Maybe add +2 turn rate for every saucer sliced of the hull of a federation vessel by disruptor fire hrhr
Empire Veteran
# 18
07-01-2012, 08:03 AM
Wow levi3, you really get a kick out of telling the KDF fans how much they are screwed and unwanted by Cryptic every chance you get. Dont you?
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Lieutenant
# 19
07-01-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
You are kidding right. Where have you been the past two years. Do you even know what "short term plans" translate to in Cryptica? In means, "Never gonna happen..."

Secondly, in what way does the Fed ships (carrier + carrier-esc) translate into a fair argument vs. KDF fleet "skin", on top of the fact that the Feds are getting the very best of the SB cookie jar as well.

Just saying sweety, take your blinkers off!
did you read anything? nothing you state is said in the interview, nor in antyhing I said. THAT is exactly why I state, lets not "read" anything into anything or take anything out of context. What is stated in that interview was not what the OP posted. Perhaps you need to check your anger and disappointment at the door to.

It is why I stated, " Granted, Xas, there are many things that were done wrong, but lets not add to the problems by misrepresentation of a partial statement vs the entire statement." which is what you did here.

FYI hon, since you do not know, I been playing since closed beta. Only recently have I made a posting account simply due to me looking for a fleet to call home. I play more then He(husband) does now, so if I want a nice home for my little orion, it means I need to find myself one ^^
Rihannsu
# 20
07-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Quote:
I've played since Beta. There was far less to do and far greater numbers.

Cryptic intentionally disinvested from the KDF because they weren't prepared to invest money in it's potential.

They consistently and continously lied to their paying customers, and then when said customers complain, they "mute/ban/etc" them, or simply ignore them.

STO is failing, defend it all you like. Cryptic/ PWE have run the concept of what Star Trek is into the ground.
you can tell me STO is failing, like so many other angry and disgruntled players over the last 2 years, and im sure you or someone else will tell me is failing in another 2 years. go play the game sometime and take a calm look around and you will see people having fun. you wont see the sky is falling or the game is dying.

less than 20% of people play the klingons (and even fewer play them only) yet take an objective look at how much they have been developed from what they were. all FE are cross faction. there have been 21 c-store ships for klingons compared to 29 fed. there have been 9 unique klingon missions and 3 patrols compared to 3 fed missions, 3 remastered and 8 minor diplomatic missions.

every new feature from the doff system, to the foundry to starbases are designed for cross faction.

there have been new social zones in qo'nos and the academy. the gorn got updates. the orions, and nausicaans got unique costume outfits. they can now use scanners, and crafting and use the whole galaxy and access to the stf's. there have been fleet actions opened up and defend sector missions and star clusters. they had none of this at launch and cryptic had no obligation to add or fix any of it.

they have lagged behind in the costume department and that is a little sad, although part of the problem is that klingons have more complicated character models than feds. fed costumes are an easy way to make a lot of money to keep the game going. yet when they do get costumes they are awesome. in fact just about everything that gets added for klingons is visually amazing. there is no lack of effort when making klingon stuff. the designers have said they even like making klingon stuff more, but the numbers need to start paying off and every indication is that the numbers dont change. will adding more ships or missions change that? so far evidence suggests that answer is no.

they are doing their best to improve the klingon faction from its start position of next to nothing without losing their massive fed playerbase. they took their pvp only faction and they made it playable for everyone and it will only get better as going forward will continue to be cross faction.

they did all of this despite the fact that only a tiny percentage of loyal players play the faction. they have pumped far more resources into that the numbers would suggest yet players like you are still not happy. you want a full klingon faction. fine but well you are not getting it. none of us are. there is no clambering from the masses to come over and play either. they are not interested. klingons will always be a mini faction. if they ever add romulans they will be an even smaller faction.

if anything they should never have included the faction at launch, and they nearly did not. they had a deadline to hit from the contract with CBS that they took over and they very nearly left them out. they wanted them in to try and improve them, knowing that if they left them out there was a very real chance they would never get back in.

now, no matter how much they realistically add despite the numbers against them, they get slated for it.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission

Last edited by captainrevo1; 07-01-2012 at 08:23 AM.