Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 30
# 21
07-01-2012, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Wow levi3, you really get a kick out of telling the KDF fans how much they are screwed and unwanted by Cryptic every chance you get. Dont you?
ROACH! HUGS!

Gawd, LUV that icon hon, don't EVER loose that.

and it is ok, I still think for myself and check things out for validity.

translation for others: I check to make sure you know what you are talking about.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 22
07-01-2012, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistressssinss View Post
ummmm... that is not what was stated hon. I suggest you go back, cool your heart some, and listen again. ^^

That conversation you take out of context was simply comparing the bortas sales to the oddy sales. Mr. Rivvera mentions before that that a completely new Klingon ship is coming out for the 1000 day veteran reward for both factions. He also states that short term plans, that the groups has decided that no newly designed KDF ships are coming out any time soon.

Why?

Umm, because he mentions they just added new skins, to all the new "Fleet" refits that both the Fed and KDF got? Not to mention the unique skin that all 900 day members get for both factions? ^-

Just saying sweety, perhaps looking at the larger picture is better then misquoting folks or short sightedness. Granted, Xas, there are many things that were done wrong, but lets not add to the problems by misrepresentation of a partial statement vs the entire statement.
Ok first the 1000 day ship might be univeral - and it is a ship that only a very few people will get. Your point is completely invalid - you can't compare what he said about no new c-store ships for KDF with the 1000 day vet ship - which he said he has no idea yet what it will be.

And short term plans? Wow he mention nothing but the Sov, Vesta, and Wells on the Horizan up intil and after season 7!! so by short term do you meam 2013??

Fact is they have no intention of any real KDF content ever - he basically spelled it out - and the first dev to be as blunt with the cost/profit issue - hon
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15
# 23
07-01-2012, 08:24 AM
Before everyone gets upset you should at least listen to the podcast. The OP is misquoting CaptainGeko, and deliberately mischaracterizing his statement. And you all fell for it, because you didn't listen to the podcast.

Starting at 1:07:54 (link), here's what CaptainGeko actually said:


"To be honest we don't sell that many Klingon ships.

So we just don't and a... so its... we love to make them. The artists I think like to make them more than Fed ships cause they can be a lot more creative with them, but what the Odyssey sold in comparison to the Bortas was an order of magnitude different.

The Odyssey took a lot more work... (snip) [because of the contest] (snip) ...but even beside that I mean the amount of development time that it takes to make one ship is a lot and so if they don't sell it's really difficult to justify.

So they'll still keep getting them, but in general you're gonna see more come out for the Fed than you are gonna see for the Klingon. But I think that all of the different fleet ships coming out are going to really help. You're not going to get new skins, or new models, but a lot of new options. A lot of new bridge officer seating options.

They're gonna get the new D-7, right. The K'Tinga and D-7 versions they'll have access to. So and that has a complete different seating that the Vor'cha. So they're gonna get a lot of new options."


While there's plenty of things about the Empire to be upset about, let's not waste our time getting upset about things that weren't actually said. And let's not allow ourselves to be successfully baited by Federation trolls.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,531
# 24
07-01-2012, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiphenon View Post
I like the design of the Bortas while I find the Oddy quite ugly. The "science" variant with sensor scan is quite good as a healing/beam boat while it allows to dish out moderate damage due to sensor analysis and 4 tac consoles. The only thing what really annoys is the slow turn rate.

However, because of saucer sep the Oddy can be much more mobile. I think something similar should also have been given to the Bortas. Maybe add +2 turn rate for every saucer sliced of the hull of a federation vessel by disruptor fire hrhr
The look is about the only thing I like about the Bortasqu', so much I can go on about the ship, if I want a healing/beam boat might as well go with the voquv. The voquv is free, get more healing for your buck and you can keep the lt cmdr tac boff without losing any healing, not to mention you can have fighters which more than make up for a couple weapon slots or take healing pets.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 25
07-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Wow levi3, you really get a kick out of telling the KDF fans how much they are screwed and unwanted by Cryptic every chance you get. Dont you?
Roach I knew you would crawl out of your hole for my post. Frankly I am just putting an end to the hopes by any KDF fans that things will get better - why - because there is no use crying about something that can't and won't be fixed/changed.

FED = $$$$

KDF = complaints for PWE

its so simple

I don't see what the big problem is - play both sides - I use 3 klingon toons now every day and have no problem what so ever with them not getting more ships or content - it was clear from long ago this was not going to be a PvP game so what's the diff?

Beside reality is the the IP is all about the Federation - in TNG the Klingons were in like 15? eps of 170 - ask anyone in the world about what Star Trek is about and they will say starships and what ship - Enterprise - thats the bottom line
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 26
07-01-2012, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peregrine0falcon View Post
Before everyone gets upset you should at least listen to the podcast. The OP is misquoting CaptainGeko, and deliberately mischaracterizing his statement. And you all fell for it, because you didn't listen to the podcast.

Starting at 1:07:54 (link), here's what CaptainGeko actually said:


[i]"To be honest we don't sell that many Klingon ships.

So we just don't and a... so its... we love to make them. The artists I think like to make them more than Fed ships cause they can be a lot more creative with them, but what the Odyssey sold in comparison to the Bortas was an order of magnitude different.

The Odyssey took a lot more work... (snip) [because of the contest] (snip) ...but even beside that I mean the amount of development time that it takes to make one ship is a lot and so if they don't sell it's really difficult to justify.

While there's plenty of things about the Empire to be upset about, let's not waste our time getting upset about things that weren't actually said. And let's not allow ourselves to be successfully baited by Federation trolls.
This is a load of crap and you know it - you just won't admit it - KDF content is not profitalble - this is what was said - for PWE - not profitable means it won't happen - that is common sense - that is what he is aying "so if they don't sell it's really difficult to justify."

I am not misquoting him at all - you nicely put up exactly what he was saying - no - profit = no new ships

Go back to fantasy land if you think "not profitable to justify making" will change any time in the future

I commend Al for being as blunt as he is - no - BS to hold on to.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 30
# 27
07-01-2012, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Ok first the 1000 day ship might be univeral - and it is a ship that only a very few people will get. Your point is completely invalid - you can't compare what he said about no new c-store ships for KDF with the 1000 day vet ship - which he said he has no idea yet what it will be.

And short term plans? Wow he mention nothing but the Sov, Vesta, and Wells on the Horizan up intil and after season 7!! so by short term do you meam 2013??

Fact is they have no intention of any real KDF content ever - he basically spelled it out - and the first dev to be as blunt with the cost/profit issue - hon
granted he spelled a few things out, that I already new. Things Mr. Stahl spelled out more then two months ago, so I am at a loss why this should be shocking news.

might, maybe's, if, thing is that is not what he stated levi. That was why i pointed that out. You seen what you wanted to see, as many do, and took from it a small portion of what was said.

I guess it is why I look at many acting with such venom and hurt feelings, being a devout Klingon player myself, I can understand those feelings, but realistically that is no reason to go about acting how many are as if this is a personal accosting and insult to them at such a level.

Cryptic is a company, and like any company they are going to put forth their effort where the money is. It is not rocket science, or a personal insult to anyone. It is good business sense.

Do I like the fact of what was stated, of course not. Will my "fragile" world end because of it? oh pulllease... If that is all I had to worry over with my mother having cancer, my own self having a cancer scare (that thankfully was negative) not to mention everything myself and my husband deal with in our families?

riiight...

Listen dears, some of you really make me worry over you all. If I ever was half aggravated with a game as much as many of you post, I'll be honest, I'd leave it and have my husband remove it off my computer the very second and take our money someplace else. We (he and I) have done it in the past leaving maxed out characters, 10 of them, decked to the gills in World of ********, and 9 Dark Age of Camelot. This game is no different.

Maybe it is just my experience giving me a different way of looking at things Levi dear, but in the essence of it all, is it really worth all that aggravation?

What you are are hashing over is not news, Nau we may not like it, but the last board meeting they(cryptic) had they didn't invite me, sooooo that explained where I stand ^^. My only recourse is either
1. spend money with them
2. take my money someplace else.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,218
# 28
07-01-2012, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
go play the game sometime and take a calm look around and you will see people having fun. you wont see the sky is falling or the game is dying.
I do. And if I were you, perhaps you should read chat more, and subcribe to some of the larger channels. They tell a different story. Personally, I have lost 126 friends to other games, and 2x fleets of over 500 members has died. So yes, numbers are booming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
less than 20% of people play the klingons...
Why, in all honestly would anyone want to play a faction when they see the status quo? Cryptic are 100% responsible for those figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
9 unique klingon missions and 3 patrols compared to 3 fed missions, 3 remastered and 8 minor diplomatic missions.
Please tell me you not saying that the KDF have no reason to complain for content lacking. Please. WHAT I am saying, is that storyline content is lacking period. Stop with the trickets, and lockboxes, and ships and make some content. I'd pay for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
every new feature from the doff system, to the foundry to starbases are designed for cross faction.
I'm a developer. Thats hardly an amazing feat. Any DBA would tell you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
There have been new social zones in qo'nos and the academy
Thank you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
there have been new social zones in qo'nos and the academy. the gorn got updates. the orions, and nausicaans got unique costume outfits. they can now use scanners, and crafting and use the whole galaxy and access to the stf's. there have been fleet actions opened up and defend sector missions and star clusters. they had none of this at launch and cryptic had no obligation to add or fix any of it.
Why do I feel like Cryptics doing me a favour from the above....

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
will adding more ships or missions change that? so far evidence suggests that answer is no.
Well, with that attitude shared by Cryptic how will we ever know. So the same can be said for everything else consisted "minority-fare". Why not introduced purchase items for the KDF then. Let me at least have the option to purchase something... (I already have purchased everything on the c-store, so I think I deserve to be treated like a paying customer there. I don't like being told what I can buy.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
they are doing their best to improve the klingon faction from its start position of next to nothing without losing their massive fed playerbase
You mean like scrapping 20 levels?

Both factions always had access to PvP. They gave it to the Feds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
they did all of this despite the fact that only a tiny percentage of loyal players play the faction. they have pumped far more resources into that the numbers would suggest yet players like you are still not happy
Yes, and to be frank, thats what happens. I am a CUSTOMER PAYING THEM FOR IT.


Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
you want a full klingon faction. fine but well you are not getting it
You been listening to the devs so long, you're starting to sound like them.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 07-01-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15
# 29
07-01-2012, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
This is a load of crap and you know it - you just won't admit it - KDF content is not profitalble - this is what was said - for PWE - not profitable means it won't happen - that is common sense - that is what he is aying "so if they don't sell it's really difficult to justify."
I'm not saying that you're wrong in your assertion that Cryptic won't make any more KDF ships, I'm simply saying that what you claim Geko said is not what he actually said. Therefore you misquoted him.

And I also question the purpose behind your creating this thread. Your post history shows that you're not a KDF player, so if you're not trying to simply stir up those of us who are, then why did you start this thread?

- Peregrine Falcon
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 30
# 30
07-01-2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peregrine0falcon View Post
Before everyone gets upset you should at least listen to the podcast. The OP is misquoting CaptainGeko, and deliberately mischaracterizing his statement. And you all fell for it, because you didn't listen to the podcast.

Starting at 1:07:54 (link), here's what CaptainGeko actually said:


"To be honest we don't sell that many Klingon ships.

So we just don't and a... so its... we love to make them. The artists I think like to make them more than Fed ships cause they can be a lot more creative with them, but what the Odyssey sold in comparison to the Bortas was an order of magnitude different.

The Odyssey took a lot more work... (snip) [because of the contest] (snip) ...but even beside that I mean the amount of development time that it takes to make one ship is a lot and so if they don't sell it's really difficult to justify.

So they'll still keep getting them, but in general you're gonna see more come out for the Fed than you are gonna see for the Klingon. But I think that all of the different fleet ships coming out are going to really help. You're not going to get new skins, or new models, but a lot of new options. A lot of new bridge officer seating options.

They're gonna get the new D-7, right. The K'Tinga and D-7 versions they'll have access to. So and that has a complete different seating that the Vor'cha. So they're gonna get a lot of new options."


While there's plenty of things about the Empire to be upset about, let's not waste our time getting upset about things that weren't actually said. And let's not allow ourselves to be successfully baited by Federation trolls.
awwww thank you hon HUG for going through all of that effort to show word per word what exactly was said. ^^

~HUGKISS
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:09 PM.