Career Officer
Ive purchased the new bridge officer pack 6 times now and havnt been lucky enough to get the Freighter, sucks as why the HELL isnt it in the C-Store? #bad mood Tim#
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-01-2012, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timjerrom View Post
Ive purchased the new bridge officer pack 6 times now and havnt been lucky enough to get the Freighter, sucks as why the HELL isnt it in the C-Store? #bad mood Tim#
Or, if you put your brain in gear for a moment, you could have put those packs up on the exchange for EC, let someone else take the gamble, and then bought the Tuffli on the Exchange in a few weeks when the price has settled
--------------
We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-01-2012, 06:21 AM
Or you could realise that the odds will be somewhat lower than 1 in 6.

Besides, you're still getting doffs, which is what you are paying for. How are they a con exactly?
Having trouble with ground STFs? Looking for help?

Join the STFHelp channel
Career Officer
# 4
07-01-2012, 06:27 AM
lol they are selling doff packs - with a low chance to get a freighter. you still get the doffs. a con would result in you ending up with nothing. even lockboxes were/are not a con, just weighted very much in favour of the vendor not the buyer.

I agree with other posters. I put one doff pack on the exchange first day and got 5mil for it, opened the other and got a nice flight deck officer for my carrier. Win Win. If you don't expect to win big every time, you won't be disappointed so often. And sometimes life can surprise you - while I was on after the server reboot that introduced the packs, 6 people in space of 30 mins posted links to their freighter boxes, so they are in there. Luck of the draw man.

In Game: @Liath | STO Join Date: Jan 2012 | PWE Join Date: Feb 2009
Empire Veteran
# 5
07-01-2012, 07:26 AM
I opened about 30 Cardassian Lockboxes, about the same in Gamma Quadrant Duty Officers and no ship, the odds are stacked so far against you it's really not worth trying for the ship. The system isn't designed to be fair or equal, it's totally random and not how I would do it, but I'm not Cryptic.

You only opened 6, lucky you, I'd stop while you're ahead, it's only worth doing if you want duty officers with the bonus items just that a bonus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Empire Veteran
# 6
07-01-2012, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timjerrom View Post
You said yourself that you have not been "lucky" enough so I assume you realise that there is no guarantee that a pack when opened will have the Tuffli.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-01-2012, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrake45 View Post
Or you could realise that the odds will be somewhat lower than 1 in 6.

Besides, you're still getting doffs, which is what you are paying for. How are they a con exactly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiledon View Post
lol they are selling doff packs - with a low chance to get a freighter. you still get the doffs. a con would result in you ending up with nothing. even lockboxes were/are not a con, just weighted very much in favour of the vendor not the buyer.

I agree with other posters. I put one doff pack on the exchange first day and got 5mil for it, opened the other and got a nice flight deck officer for my carrier. Win Win. If you don't expect to win big every time, you won't be disappointed so often. And sometimes life can surprise you - while I was on after the server reboot that introduced the packs, 6 people in space of 30 mins posted links to their freighter boxes, so they are in there. Luck of the draw man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
You said yourself that you have not been "lucky" enough so I assume you realise that there is no guarantee that a pack when opened will have the Tuffli.
Yep what they said
Career Officer
# 8
07-01-2012, 07:49 AM
Lieutenant
# 9
07-01-2012, 07:59 AM
I'm a big fan of the Doff system.
I buy the packs for the Doffs and the chance at other goodies is a bonus.
Previously i didn't buy or support lockboxes.
Career Officer
# 10
07-01-2012, 09:21 AM
Ok ok I understand that its just a money making scheme to get you to get you to buy into something with a remote chance you will get it, Perfect World are not a great company (just my view) Being forced to change over from my Cryptic profile and register with Perfect World to even just post a msg on the STO forum about it sucks a litl, but im NEVER gunna buy anymore Cryptic Points or now Zen. Apart from if they reliece the Constellation Class what I kinda have a soft spot for

****NOTE TO PEOPLE THAT HAVE AND WILL SLAM ME DOWN WITH THIS, I do not care nd just was warning other people not to get duped into paying good money on the chance that you will end up with a shiney new freighter****

TimJ.