Career Officer
Can't sleep, what dose any tech-savvy individual due? (s)he fires up GoogleEarth and looks around. I'm currently looking at the 980 University Avenue Los Gatos, CA 95032 address and the lovely Cryptic Studio maker out front but I also see the Atari one just a few yards away...

So I've got to ask. are the Cryptic Studios still located here, if so any plans on moving to new offices... one would think that post Atari De-investment of Cryptic, you'd want to put some distance between you and them beyond parking in lot a or lot b. if not for anything more peace of mind if not for company security...
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10040808000&dateline=  1340247645
Come join the 44th Fleet.
startrek.44thfleet.com
Captain
# 2
07-01-2012, 07:06 AM
Gonna pay for it?

Seriously. Costs a lot of money to move an entire development team and/or company like that. I like to give them a benefit of the doubt but considering the last quarterly conference call of PWs, I think they're going to hold off on any unneeded expenses that they can.

Gotta protect their 85% net profit
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Career Officer
# 3
07-01-2012, 07:35 AM
Well I don't know Atari or Cryptic personally, but neither seem like the crazy ex type. I'm certain they'll go on their seperate ways quite happily even at that proximity.
Joined August 2008
Rihannsu
# 4
07-01-2012, 07:57 AM
You make it sound like there was some kind of war going on between them. it was business, then they went their separate ways. i dont think they are both living in the offices behind boarded up windows spying on each other.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
07-01-2012, 08:11 AM
is there a PWE icon close by too? Lol.
Career Officer
# 6
07-01-2012, 08:26 AM
Google Images aren't always up to date. It depends on the region ofc, but they have only recently displayed the construction of my 5 year old neighborhood.

Still, if its true... damn.. thats got to be kind of awkward for Cryptic and Atari.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Career Officer
# 7
07-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Wow, this a a really new tinfoil hat thing...who cares where they have office space and what is near them?

Dec/2008
Captain
# 8
07-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
Google Images aren't always up to date. It depends on the region ofc, but they have only recently displayed the construction of my 5 year old neighborhood.

Still, if its true... damn.. thats got to be kind of awkward for Cryptic and Atari.
Removed the color to make it readable.

That's actually the first thing that came to my mind but the address is still up on the Cryptic site. I would assume that they haven;t moved.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Commander
# 9
07-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Cryptic or Atari may have moved offices at some point, but I doubt it. It'd just be too expensive when it comes to bad blood. Besides, I doubt it's like Cryptic actively leapt out of Atari's hands into its white knight's arms as some sort of corporate "screw you".

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
[color="LightBlue"]Google Images aren't always up to date. It depends on the region ofc, but they have only recently displayed the construction of my 5 year old neighborhood.
But as this guy says, Google Maps are very unreliable. Apparently my neighbourhood hasn't been visited by the google satellites since 1998. The garage my parents put up in the back yard isn't there, but the house that burned down a year ago down the street still is.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Rihannsu
# 10
07-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allysnowleopard View Post
Can't sleep, what dose any tech-savvy individual due? (s)he fires up GoogleEarth and looks around. I'm currently looking at the 980 University Avenue Los Gatos, CA 95032 address and the lovely Cryptic Studio maker out front but I also see the Atari one just a few yards away...
That picture is from May 2011, they hadn't removed the Atari sign from in front of Cryptic yet.