Career Officer
# 31
07-01-2012, 01:23 PM
my points lost. a devs an asset and so is there time. to be honest if you have a dev that cant do other work than make ships i would suggest firing them and getting someone better. cryptic is a small team and i would rather see more of there time focused on new sectors etc than new ships. that was my point. sorry if it didnt get across well. you can buy a million new ships but at the end of the day if theres nothing to do in game then there's nothing to do. doesn't matter how pretty your new ship is. i want to hear less about new ships and more about new real content
Long Live The Empire!
Starfleet Veteran
# 32
07-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Im sure jam jamz and cmdr miller will be thrilled to hear your opinion on their worth
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Empire Veteran
# 33
07-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrincy View Post
theres no guarentee the vesta will even have that either to be honest , id love it if it did though. rademaker has made a low res 'in flight' movie of the ship , if that'll give you an estimation of how it looks moving

https://picasaweb.google.com/Clawham...49639950308322
It does look a bit... "nicer" in motion but that aft section of the ship just, well it looks like the designer got bored and said let's chuck on some pylons and nacelles and call it a day, it just looks incomplete and lacking to me. My point of view of course.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Career Officer
# 34
Quote:
theres no guarentee the vesta will even have that either to be honest , id love it if it did though. rademaker has made a low res 'in flight' movie of the ship , if that'll give you an estimation of how it looks moving

https://picasaweb.google.com/Clawham...49639950308322
Hm. That's a little better. But my god those nacelle pylons are somehow worse. Too long, too curvy, and with bad-looking little notches cut out in the back for no reason. Still, I can get over that easier than I could if the whole thing were godawful.
Career Officer
# 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty8mac View Post
Every time I see Vesta, I think Vespa. I can't get excited over a scooter class.
You do know vespa means wasp?

Dec/2008
Career Officer
# 36
07-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Im sure jam jamz and cmdr miller will be thrilled to hear your opinion on their worth
lol, times are tough. if firing some under performing employees ensures the survival of the game then so be it. no loyalty to the devs just the game. if theres someone better for the job
Long Live The Empire!
Starfleet Veteran
# 37
07-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrgeom View Post
lol, times are tough. if firing some under performing employees ensures the survival of the game then so be it. no loyalty to the devs just the game. if theres someone better for the job
again , HOW are they underpreforming ? they are doing exactly the job they were hired for

as for the pylons , in the interview they were discussing adding the full circle varient of the vesta in too as option parts , in this the major change IS the pylons

http://mark-rademaker.blogspot.co.uk...blog-post.html
12th Fleet
Career Officer
# 38
07-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
HOW are they underpreforming ? they are doing exactly the job they were hired for
http://mark-rademaker.blogspot.co.uk...blog-post.html
again point lost. the subjects been twisted in a few different directions. you suggested about what i think of the devs. my opinion is their disposable! if cryptic can get someone better for the same money then maybe its time to shake it up. devs have no loyalty to the game seeing as several have left and come back on various occasions. business is business.
Long Live The Empire!
Starfleet Veteran
# 39
07-01-2012, 01:45 PM
the point isnt lost , it just makes little sense to me
you dont hire a lumberjack when you need a surgeon
having devs with a broad list of talents is all well and good , but a jack of all trades and master of none isnt the best way to go
12th Fleet